2020 PnW Awards: Final Voting Has Begun!

Changeup

Helloooooooo, Orbis!

Welcome to the final voting for the 2020 PnW Academy Awards! Before we begin, I'd like to quickly note that the following four categories were moved from alliance to community simply due to there being a limit on the forums of how many questions can be asked in a single thread:
- Best Treaty Announcement
- Best Declaration of War
- Best Alliance Ad
- Best Propaganda Post

You can find links to each of the polls below. These polls will remain open until 11:59 pm Orbis time on January 14th.

-Alliance Categories
-Player Categories
-Community Categories
-Fourth Poll, contains missing/broken categories.

Please remember that there are both popular voting (the threads above) and an alliance representative voting portion taking place simultaneously on our discord. If you'd like to refresh yourself on how the entire process works, we detailed it in our kick-off thread here (https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/30330-2020-pnw-academy-awards/). Lastly, if you'd like to join our discord and receive updates there as the voting progresses, you can do so here (https://discord.gg/hWrtY2AtC3).

The final awards ceremony will take place in the RON server (https://discord.gg/ZgAtEzx) on January 15th at update Orbis time (7 pm EST) with hosts Zigbigadorlou and Krampus. The results will be published here on the OWF shortly thereafter. Thank you and happy voting!

Edited by Changeup
  • Like 4
  • Downvote 2

unknown_3_1_65.png

12 minutes ago, Greene said:

Where’s Taith?

As explained in the initial post, there was a shortlisting round so that in the final voting, there weren't 20+ options for many of the categories. If Taith is not in a category, it's because it didn't make it past the shortlisting round:

On 12/4/2020 at 10:38 AM, Adrienne said:

Round 2: Shortlisting
Round 2 will take place with the alliance representatives and last from January 6-9, 2021. The goal of this round is to shortlist each category to 5. Alliance representatives will be allowed 3 votes per category and are not allowed to vote for their own alliance.

You'll notice a handful of categories have more than 5 options. This is because in those cases, there were ties that caused for more than 5 to be included.

BrOQBND.jpg

1 hour ago, Greene said:

Where’s Taith?

Don't feel too bad. I didn't make the cut either.

I also didn't get nominated, but that's not the point. 

• Haha 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

@Adrienne could you provide a list of all the entries that didn’t make the cut and why?

• Downvote 4

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

42 minutes ago, Greene said:

@Adrienne could you provide a list of all the entries that didn’t make the cut and why?

The above explains why: they did not receive enough votes during the shortlisting round to make it to the top 5. As for the list, our entire spreadsheet showcasing everything throughout all of the rounds will be posted at the end.

BrOQBND.jpg

2 hours ago, Adrienne said:

As explained in the initial post, there was a shortlisting round so that in the final voting, there weren't 20+ options for many of the categories. If Taith is not in a category, it's because it didn't make it past the shortlisting round:

Who got to vote in the shortlisting round?

Whilst the final vote has been publicised, the shortlisting round is notable by it's lack of publicity.

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Just now, Robert Ap Ioan said:

Who got to vote in the shortlisting round?

Whilst the final vote has been publicised, the shortlisting round is notable by it's lack of publicity.

50+ alliance representatives covering all spheres and sizes. The shortlisted round is the same process used last year and the process was made transparent in our kick off thread.

• Upvote 3

BrOQBND.jpg

While at first outraged, I understand not including The Immortal's Holiday Flag - it would clearly be unfair and after seeing such a magnificent creation, TI would have surely swept the vote in all categories.

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Haha 3
xzhPlEh.png?1

7 hours ago, Greene said:

Yo greene, I get it you're hurt that your little bank didn't get top 5, but this is a pointless popularity contest that you were going to lose anyway (There's no way you compete with RON in terms of #'s). No one stole your spot. 

Besides, I'm not really sure why active players would vote for a 7 membered micro in the first place.

5 hours ago, Kurdanak said:

While at first outraged, I understand not including The Immortal's Holiday Flag - it would clearly be unfair and after seeing such a magnificent creation, TI would have surely swept the vote in all categories.

That flag made me audibly gasp.

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

3 hours ago, Epi said:

The awards should have been discontinued. The disrespect shown by the organizers is almost unbelievable. 

I gather you're hurt because your nominations didn't get past the shortlisting stage. If spending countless hours planning and organizing these constitutes disrespect to you, then I don't know what to tell you.

• Upvote 2

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

6 minutes ago, Epi said:

Hardly. I'm referring to the unfiltered profanity and insults directed at nominees. These awards were authorized by the game and should be held to a higher standard.

To my knowledge, there have been absolutely 0 such cases, since primarily it is Adrienne who interacts with them [the "them" here being the nominees, for clarification], and her character speaks for itself. If you believe something like this happened, do point us to it, instead of calling for the end of awards as a whole. Could you elaborate?

Edited by Krampus
Clarification

HEADERS_CTO12.png

5 minutes ago, Epi said:

It is so overt that I cannot help but think its deliberate and that just makes your question another insult. If you want me to stop criticizing you then correct your mistake rather than play innocent.

I'm not a nominee but I'm curious. Would you be willing to share those logs with the rest of us, or at least DM them privately?

5 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

I'm not a nominee but I'm curious. Would you be willing to share those logs with the rest of us, or at least DM them privately?

May I also receive the logs? I have not once seen any sort of untoward behaviour towards any nominee. [Though to be fair I interact with the nominees very rarely - and only with the ones I personally know anyway]

Edited by Krampus

HEADERS_CTO12.png

7 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

I concur. I have no idea what Epi is referring to, and would like to know more as well. 

new_forum_sig_2.png

5 hours ago, Epi said:

It is so overt that I cannot help but think its deliberate and that just makes your question another insult. If you want me to stop criticizing you then correct your mistake rather than play innocent.

Evidently it's not as overt as you think if multiple people are confused. The only thing I can think of is that you're upset with one of the nominations, unless there's things going on that I'm not aware of, in which case I would also like to know. 

• Upvote 3

BrOQBND.jpg