Nope.

Wendell

Yeah, this is absurd.  Ad upvotes/downvotes don't do anything meaningful.  Can you buy upvotes for credits now??

What about fixing the multiple treaties bug?  What about preventing the flame war between left and right that has been going OOC for months now?

What's more important?  An "achievement" for surviving 2020, or your community fracturing in half and feature breaking bugs?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, BrythonLexi said:

Yeah, this is absurd.  Ad upvotes/downvotes don't do anything meaningful.  Can you buy upvotes for credits now??

What about fixing the multiple treaties bug?  What about preventing the flame war between left and right that has been going OOC for months now?

What's more important?  An "achievement" for surviving 2020, or your community fracturing in half and feature breaking bugs?

i’d rather he do something about the gameplay and mechanics first before fixing cosmetics. 

but this is alex tbf, so he’s probably gonna do your thing first.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Deulos said:

You didn't even ask anyone @Alex
 I disagree with player ads being up voted or down voted. That means people will always ever see the alliances that have the most members that voted for themselves.

This further cements the idea that top 5 alliances actually matter and they really don't. Please reverse this change.

I agree it is an unnecessary improvement, but I don’t see a comment from Alex that says ads with higher votes will be shown more frequently. It just says ‘advertisements’ page will be ranked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/9/2021 at 2:15 AM, BrythonLexi said:

Text

On 1/9/2021 at 2:39 AM, epsteindidntkillhimself said:

Text

On 1/9/2021 at 12:44 AM, Ragnarok8085 said:

Text

I think we all know this is a bit disingenuous. 
An achievement for 2020 probably takes him 3 minutes to make and no-one really is actively opposed to it.
Fixing more complex bugs is harder. Fixing a flame war is a lot harder because you are guaranteed to upset people. 
Do they need to be fixed?, yes ofcourse, but this seems a bit like "Oh no he spent 2 minutes making an achievement but !@#$ him, he didnt fix that bug which would take 40 hours".

Alex gets a lot of hate, a lot of people expect a lot from him, he wants to introduce some itneresting features (imho) and people who want to constructivly critique his decisions or choices are all good, but this (and a lot of behavior from others) just seems like ragte complaining which won't do anything good for you, for alex or for anyone else. "What we need are actual game fixes and new content." does not at all help Alex. 0.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:25 AM, Deulos said:

You didn't even ask anyone @Alex
 I disagree with player ads being up voted or down voted. That means people will always ever see the alliances that have the most members that voted for themselves.

This further cements the idea that top 5 alliances actually matter and they really don't. Please reverse this change.

No, you will only be able to see the upvoted posts on one page. Other alliances will get just as much for their money, but in this "Ad rank" people will be able to see ranks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

No, you will only be able to see the upvoted posts on one page. Other alliances will get just as much for their money, but in this "Ad rank" people will be able to see ranks. 

If he had time to implement up voting ads then he has time to make other meaningful updates. 

2 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

Alex gets a lot of hate, a lot of people expect a lot from him, he wants to introduce some itneresting features (imho) and people who want to constructivly critique his decisions or choices are all good, but this (and a lot of behavior from others) just seems like ragte complaining which won't do anything good for you, for alex or for anyone else

Again it's the principle of the thing. We do have a right to complain because we actually play the game. And many people donate because they like seeing meaningful changes.

1 hour ago, Deulos said:

If he had time to implement up voting ads then he has time to make other meaningful updates. 

sure

1 hour ago, Deulos said:

We do have a right to complain because we actually play the game. And many people donate because they like seeing meaningful changes.

I mean you have the right to say whatever you want bro 😛
I simply believe that being constructive is probably more efficient than what this thread is.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

sure

I mean you have the right to say whatever you want bro 😛
I simply believe that being constructive is probably more efficient than what this thread is.

He says unironically and with no self awareness with the corpses of dozens of actual constructive thought and suggestions ignored or turned down by Alex. We're still waiting on a better beige system despite already having a highly approved and relatively simple fix made and put on test months ago. 

Dunno what fantasy land you're living in but quit trying to lure people to it.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

He says unironically and with no self awareness with the corpses of dozens of actual constructive thought and suggestions ignored or turned down by Alex. We're still waiting on a better beige system despite already having a highly approved and relatively simple fix made and put on test months ago. 

Dunno what fantasy land you're living in but quit trying to lure people to it.

I like in the fantasy land about not worrying too much about a game, its a nice place.
Im sure Alex however has a good reason for it, because if it was perfect without any mistakes and without anyone opposing a simple code copy would do :)

• Like 1