Thread Subscription System - Default Settings

Kurdanak

Note: This is a low priority suggestion.

As it stands, the default settings causes a user to become subscribed or "following" a thread when he/she posts a reply to it, and said member does not receive an email alert when a new reply comes in regardless of what their setting is for "Receive notification:" (if they even knew that option existed).

I personally went into my account settings and made it so I must click the button to follow a thread, as opposed to being automatically subscribed to it when posting a reply. After which I will be able to choose to receive notification immediately and actually get that notification by email when a new reply is posted.

I believe that the above should be the default, to avoid confusion and make an extremely useful utility clearer to use. This way, one can also tell who is actually interested in their thread by subscribing instead of a cluster of users who have posted a single reply making up the list.

Hopefully this suggestion makes sense - it's harder for me to word than I expected. :P

And like I said, this is obviously low priority and no big deal at all. Just a thought. :)

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

• Administrators

This definitely sounds like a good idea, Mr. Blonde is a little handier with IPB than me perhaps he could figure out how to set this up.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This definitely sounds like a good idea, Mr. Blonde is a little handier with IPB than me perhaps he could figure out how to set this up.

I'll be happy to look at it shortly.

Sweet! Thank you so much. :)
xzhPlEh.png?1

I've looked into it.  There is no option for controlling this through the administrative control panel.  It's strictly member preference.  In your profile, under the Notifications settings, you should have the option to check if you want to enable automatic subscriptions or not, as well as other options.  See the screenshot below.

OOwGaL8.png

Let me know if you're having an issue with it.

ruvwf3L.png

"You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before.

All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get."