Blatant anti-semitism

Changeup

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=260446

This nation placed an embargo on a CotL nation because of their nation name, "Jewish Pacifica".

"Your nation was embargoed by Richard Windsor of Dominion of Qoglaqstan for the reason listed of: Zionist. Please kill him, I am proud of my religion."

• Like 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Changeup said:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=260446

This nation placed an embargo on a CotL nation because of their nation name, "Jewish Pacifica".

"Your nation was embargoed by Richard Windsor of Dominion of Qoglaqstan for the reason listed of: Zionist. Please kill him, I am proud of my religion."

I see an embargo reason of "Zionist" but I don't think that that is inherently anti-Semitic. I am not an expert on Zionism, and I'm open to discussion on the topic, but my understanding is that not support "Zionism" does not automatically make you anti-Semitic.

As for "Please kill him, I am proud of my religion." I'm not sure where that came from. Is that something your user wrote, perhaps in response to the embargo?

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

4 hours ago, Alex said:

I see an embargo reason of "Zionist" but I don't think that that is inherently anti-Semitic. I am not an expert on Zionism, and I'm open to discussion on the topic, but my understanding is that not support "Zionism" does not automatically make you anti-Semitic.

As for "Please kill him, I am proud of my religion." I'm not sure where that came from. Is that something your user wrote, perhaps in response to the embargo?

I suspect that's the case.

unknown_3_1_65.png

On 1/4/2021 at 4:30 PM, Alex said:

I'm open to discussion on the topic

Being a Zionist does not make you inherently anti-Semitic. However, upon creating a nation and starting out, targeting Jewish themed nations does point the needle in that direction.

10874ede362bbfbf9018ebe7ce61848c.png.36f739320faaabd0c1341ea8111de601.png

However this is where it gets concerning. His state religion is "Druze". Druze is a very specific Islamic sect and has anti-Semitic language imbedded in their holy scriptures. You can see the full article on Druze here.

For those that don't want to read about a offshoot religion here is the core relationship of Druze and Jews:
72299d6660efef4004e69a75ae4fb90a.png.8b4abfd368898c73b61b237f29291a64.png

With this I'm safe to say that this person follows and practices a religion that is anti-Semitic. While maybe a warning could be put in place as soon as the "Please kill him" was added this should probably be sent to a ban.

• Upvote 1

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

1 minute ago, Young Guilo said:

Being a Zionist does not make you inherently anti-Semitic. However, upon creating a nation and starting out, targeting Jewish themed nations does point the needle in that direction.

10874ede362bbfbf9018ebe7ce61848c.png.36f739320faaabd0c1341ea8111de601.png

However this is where it gets concerning. His state religion is "Druze". Druze is a very specific Islamic sect and has anti-Semitic language imbedded in their holy scriptures. You can see the full article on Druze here.
72299d6660efef4004e69a75ae4fb90a.png.8b4abfd368898c73b61b237f29291a64.png
For those that don't want to read about a offshoot religion here is the core relationship of Druze and Jews:

With this I'm safe to say that this person follows and practices a religion that is anti-Semitic. While maybe a warning could be put in place as soon as the "Please kill him" was added this should probably be sent to a ban.

As a Jew, I should probably comment rq.
Being a Zionist is supporting the Jewish control of Zion (Jerusalem). Also his name is very similar to the recently Latinized name of Kazakhstan, which is probably irrelevant but whatever.
The Druze are also a recognized and accepted religion in Israel, and they coexist with the Jews. 

Idc about this guy, or the Druze tbh, but you can hardly ban him for his religion. Because, in that case, catholics should be banned for homophobia and muslims for sexism. 
Assuming that IS his religion of course. The guy is probably just trying to be edgy, and a warn (and a link to the rules) should set him straight.

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Young Guilo said:

The user who placed the embargo did not write anything other than "Zionist." The player who was receiving the embargo was the one who instructed "please kill him."

14 hours ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

The Druze are also a recognized and accepted religion in Israel, and they coexist with the Jews.

This is the first I've heard of Druze, but this seems to check out.

Again, I don't see enough to remove this player of the game. Calling players with a Jewish theme "Zionist" might not be the most polite thing to do, but I don't know that it is explicitly anti-Semitic.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link