Pushing Orbis into the Future

HymMing

Proposal V3

New resources 

Microchips, Smart Munitions

Microchips are a Super resource. Super expensive but super powerful. They are produced in Microchip factories, 3 per city. Running costs 25k per factory per day. 30% production boost for Max factories. Adds 60 pollution points per factory

1 lead,1 steel, 3 aluminium, 1 uranium, 60 food, 3 oil = 3 microchips (per factory daily)

Add the option to use smart munitions or regular munitions. Smart munitions let Tanks, Aircraft and Ships deal +200% damage when attacking or defending.For example, think how much more effective Heat seeking missiles, AGTMS, Anti ship missiles are compared to their dumb conterparts. The high costs of these special munitions are meant to reflect this. Smart Munitions are produced in Smart Munitions Factories, 3 per city.Running costs 35k per factory per day Adds 15 pollution points per factory

10 Munitions, 2 Microchips = 2 smart Munitions (per factory daily)

New Mechanic

Mechanisation Initiative . New building in same category as power plants , a “booster” for production.Because microchips are expensive, possibly offset the potential of market inflation.

Consumes 5 Microchips and 100 Gasoline daily for 30% blanket boost in raw rss mine production per city. 

New(Revamped?) Military Branch

Cyber Operations Command. Uses Microchips and cash like how other branches use munitions.Can ‘hack’ into other Nations and cause damage. For example hacking power grids to disable power in another nation for X turns, hacking aircraft so that they cannot use smart munitions for a X number of turns etc. Kind of like spy operations when attacking, based on the number of operatives for effectiveness. 

New Projects

Research Institute

-Requires Advanced Engineering Corps, Urban Planning, 14 cities

Unlocks Smart Munition Factories

Unlocks Mechanisation Initiative

From 3 microchips daily to 4  daily Per Microchip Factory

Decrease cost of new projects by 2%

Cost

6k Steel

6K Aluminium

2k Uranium

8k Microchips

50mil cash

Global positioning system(GPS) to replace Telcom Sat

-Requires Spy satellite, Research Institute, Urban Planning

+4%  damage for all forms of attack except spy ops

+2% commerce in all cities Max Commerce to 125

Cost

10k oil

10k Uranium

20k Microchips

10k Aluminium 

10k Iron

240mil cash

Metropolis

-Requires Advanced Urban Planning, Research Institute, Green Technologies, International Trade Center, 35 cities

Increases Max population density to 270

+10% commerce in all cities  Max Commerce to 135

-5% new City Costs( stacks with UP and AUP) 

-10% Infrastructure and land costs( stacks with AEC and ALA)

Cost

20k Uranium

30k Steel

60k Aluminium

20k Oil

80k Microchips

4.3 mil food

Edited by HymMing
Complete Rework
  • Like 1

TL;DR bunch of new projects and other mechanics to encourage players to grow and move orbis into another magnitude of productivity

hopefully brings down the absurd price of food, remember when it was like 70

Some of these ideas are interesting.
Some of them are to say the least, unbalanced.

The smart munitions are interesting, but, should be far more of a rare resource, even rarer than in your proposal.

The Mechanisation project on the otherside.. Well..
On my 23 City nation this would lead to an estimated 13.5M extra revenue a day (untaxed), while with (a very) expensive estimate it would cost 21M + 200 Microchips.
Now I don't know if you ever heard of a steal, but a project with an ROI of 2 days is a steal.

tl;dr: some of the ideas are interesting but balance isn't there.

• Upvote 3

I was just afraid that since microchips are pretty expensive(resource intensive), and being a new resource and all that would create unbalance in the market(price drop). So I dont think your ROI would be that fast. mechanization and automation projects production boosts are not super high either, for example Emergency gasoline is  a 100% boost in production. 

I think by reducing microchips from 5 daily per factory to 2 might also balance it abit

It would just a blanket buff on your current production levels

Edited by HymMing
Answering @Anun Tidera
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 2:00 AM, HymMing said:

I was just afraid that since microchips are pretty expensive(resource intensive), and being a new resource and all that would create unbalance in the market(price drop). So I dont think your ROI would be that fast. mechanization and automation projects production boosts are not super high either, for example Emergency gasoline is  a 100% boost in production. 

I think by reducing microchips from 5 daily per factory to 2 might also balance it abit

It would just a blanket buff on your current production levels

Seems interesting but i'd be more interesting of some better econ minds weighed in on this discussion 😛

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Willdebeast04 said:

Hello Everyone I had a slightly controversial idea to with how Trade worked. (mostly really stuff it up, maybe for the week of April fools)

The Idea is to add a mechanism that introduces shipping of goods and resources throughout the sphere.

Things that this would include is:

- Making the transfer of take time depending on how far you were shipping or trading from

- Making a bonus for trading inside alliances.

- Collective ship movements were your transfer of goods can move in predetermined movements by players bigger shipping ships

- Pirates that could attack shipment movements and steal fast amounts of resources in transit failing both the buyer and seller. a limit for who ever was in your war range.

- Add ships or navy that purely made for shipping. With protection defending shipment from pirates,

Foreseen Effects

- This would try to make the geographic location in the world you were more valuable 

- Create a small economics spheres inside all of the continents

- Make it harder to trade, and ruin economies and piss of alliances,

Really just add some scuffed-ness to Politics and war, this is only a start of an idea please make it better.

This looks like a completly diffrent suggestion, maybe you should make a new post?