Moderation to Reduce the "Hate Breeding Pool"

Alan

Community Extension  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should P&W discord servers be seen as an "Extension" of the community for moderation?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is not an issue that affects me

I mean if it became an OoC is not allowed/question people's IRL integrity....

You'll be opening a can of worms for the whole community

Almost every prominent player has an OOC oopsie moment

I would know, I keep tabs on shit people do. Both IC and OoC, but only IC scandals make it to SNN. 

Remember when GOONs used moderation as a weapon? Starting this is asking for a moderation war and the moment people think they can snipe some low hanging fruit, it's going to be returned with a moderation and OOC character bloodbath. This is how all of this will go down:

>A PAB will end up reporting someone

>Person gets warned/community gets backlash

>Community is split on verdict, some people think it's no big deal

>Retaliation warn/banning/dirt dug up for friend

>Ghost raids/dirt digging/flame wars/etc commence

>The community is out to crucify each other

It will happen, you underestimate the creativity of toxicity in this game.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Zerkium said:

I should be able to attack you personally in any way I want, whether it's for your height, your lack of engineering knowledge, or your religious practices. Grow a backbone and stand up for yourself.

This is a game that several people play as an escape from the real world. The fact that you find it okay to attack them personally shows a lack of maturity and self-control. 

While I understand that some people don't hold even basic respect for others it would be an ethical sin to allow those types of people to inhabit, control and bully people out of a game. 

10 hours ago, Angantyr said:

But if you are playing a video game and thinking that thoughts and speech should be policed not only inside of the game but also on private servers outside of the game, then perhaps you should focus on a bit more on your own coping skills. It sounds like more of a personal problem.

I wouldn't make this post and bring this discussion forward if it was just a personal issue. I'd simply disconnect myself from the servers and play the game.

The problem is that this is a systemic issue that has tragically happened hundreds of times. This year alone we've had the following issues:

1.) OOC attacks by a member of the Gladiators (180 day ban)
2.) Attacks on United Ummah for having a Islamic theme with Muslim members. (Several warnings, no bans after continued harassment)
3.) 3 forums locked this week alone for OOC attacks (2 of them had warnings given out)

AND IT'S BEEN 4 DAYS

This new rule/set of rules would curb this from happening. The fact that you see this as a "violation of rights" vs something to provide a welcoming community for people explains 3 things.

1.) There's paranoia about "Thought Police" when in reality it gives people the opportunity to report something if they're being constantly harassed, attacked for who they are.
2.) Your sever is going to be untouched. If you don't have issues with cursing out, slandering and attacking your friends and alliance members then you won't be needing this.
3.) Anyone that believes that it's okay to attack another person based on who they are should be put on warning. Digging up stuff from 4-5 years ago is not going to get you striked. However, harassing people when you're an adult is just completely inappropriate. You wouldn't do it to your boss, you wouldn't do it to your family, don't do it to people that are looking for an escape. If you need to attack someone because of your own insecurities, that my friend, is a personal problem.

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

1 hour ago, Young Guilo said:

This is a game that several people play as an escape from the real world. The fact that you find it okay to attack them personally shows a lack of maturity and self-control. 

While I understand that some people don't hold even basic respect for others it would be an ethical sin to allow those types of people to inhabit, control and bully people out of a game. 

I wouldn't make this post and bring this discussion forward if it was just a personal issue. I'd simply disconnect myself from the servers and play the game.

The problem is that this is a systemic issue that has tragically happened hundreds of times. This year alone we've had the following issues:

1.) OOC attacks by a member of the Gladiators (180 day ban)
2.) Attacks on United Ummah for having a Islamic theme with Muslim members. (Several warnings, no bans after continued harassment)
3.) 3 forums locked this week alone for OOC attacks (2 of them had warnings given out)

AND IT'S BEEN 4 DAYS

This new rule/set of rules would curb this from happening. The fact that you see this as a "violation of rights" vs something to provide a welcoming community for people explains 3 things.

1.) There's paranoia about "Thought Police" when in reality it gives people the opportunity to report something if they're being constantly harassed, attacked for who they are.
2.) Your sever is going to be untouched. If you don't have issues with cursing out, slandering and attacking your friends and alliance members then you won't be needing this.
3.) Anyone that believes that it's okay to attack another person based on who they are should be put on warning. Digging up stuff from 4-5 years ago is not going to get you striked. However, harassing people when you're an adult is just completely inappropriate. You wouldn't do it to your boss, you wouldn't do it to your family, don't do it to people that are looking for an escape. If you need to attack someone because of your own insecurities, that my friend, is a personal problem.

The problem with your idea on "moderation" is that you see it as more of a "we should moderate this stuff" kinda thing and not a "I know most people already moderate their servers to avoid discrimination, but we should promote moderation in these servers" kinda thing. As much as I might agree that Nazism shouldn't be tolerated in Discord servers, you're asking for unnecessary measures to be applied. The first problem with it is that you're proposition would only be necessary if there wasn't already a way to take action taken against Discord users who don't have moderator action taken towards them. Discord has a built in report feature in the mobile app allowing you to report players, and the circular question mark button in the top right of both the Discord client and the website bringing you to a support page where you can find how to report players under Trust & Safety with the click of two buttons (How to Properly Report Issues to Trust & Safety – Discord). The second problem is that you're presenting the idea to people who already moderate their servers to your anti-Nazism standards. No one will agree with you when they already moderate their servers properly and don't see the diluting of their own power as necessary.

I'll propose an alternative to your idea of a moderation system below (read above for more context)

An alternative would be to propose to Alex a system where you can report servers that don't moderate according to either game rules or Discord's Terms of Service and have their server link either removed from their alliance page, their server reported to Discord's Trust & Safety team, or both. This would both allow servers who moderate accordingly to keep moderating uninterrupted and would create an effective system for both penalizing and discouraging others from mis-moderating their servers.

Edit: I get that I basically repeated what you initially proposed, but you seemed to have dragged your discussion on to having Alex have direct control over servers in the comments

Edit 2: I did literally no formatting on this, so if you need clarification or have any questions just dm me in Discord. I'm not on the forums too often

Edit 3: I should have done this originally, but if you see anything that violates Discords Terms of Service, I encourage you report it here https://dis.gd/request

Edited by Chute Mi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Chute Mi said:

The problem with your idea on "moderation" is that you see it as more of a "we should moderate this stuff" kinda thing and not a "I know most people already moderate their servers to avoid discrimination, but we should promote moderation in these servers" kinda thing. As much as I might agree that Nazism shouldn't be tolerated in Discord servers, you're asking for unnecessary measures to be applied. The first problem with it is that you're proposition would only be necessary if there wasn't already a way to take action taken against Discord users who don't have moderator action taken towards them. Discord has a built in report feature in the mobile app allowing you to report players, and the circular question mark button in the top right of both the Discord client and the website bringing you to a support page where you can find how to report players under Trust & Safety with the click of two buttons (How to Properly Report Issues to Trust & Safety – Discord). The second problem is that you're presenting the idea to people who already moderate their servers to your anti-Nazism standards. No one will agree with you when they already moderate their servers properly and don't see the diluting of their own power as necessary.

I'll propose an alternative to your idea of a moderation system below (read above for more context)

An alternative would be to propose to Alex a system where you can report servers that don't moderate according to either game rules or Discord's Terms of Service and have their server link either removed from their alliance page, their server reported to Discord's Trust & Safety team, or both. This would both allow servers who moderate accordingly to keep moderating uninterrupted and would create an effective system for both penalizing and discouraging others from mis-moderating their servers.

Edit: I get that I basically repeated what you initially proposed, but you seemed to have dragged your discussion on to having Alex have direct control over servers in the comments

Edit 2: I did literally no formatting on this, so if you need clarification or have any questions just dm me in Discord. I'm not on the forums too often

Edit 3: I should have done this originally, but if you see anything that violates Discords Terms of Service, I encourage you report it here https://dis.gd/request

@Havgle The only reason you downvoted this is quite literally because I wrote it

• Downvote 2

I downvoted it because you're a hypocrite who should be a target of moderation...

3 minutes ago, Chute Mi said:

@Havgle The only reason you downvoted this is quite literally because I wrote it

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

5 minutes ago, Havgle said:

I downvoted it because you're a hypocrite who should be a target of moderation...

Oh that’s just rich. You can lie all you want in public, but we both know perfectly well why you dislike me, and lying wont ever change that

Edited by Chute Mi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Young Guilo said:

If you need to attack someone because of your own insecurities, that my friend, is a personal problem.

Banter is not an attack. Saying words or phrases that offend a singular person or group of people is not an attack. Using mean words on the internet is not an attack. Insensitivity is not an attack.

Again the answer is coping skills, not attempting to bend a world to your own point of view as this proposition intends to do. Hiding behind 'ethics' as a justification to tell others how they should enjoy the game that they are playing is deceptive at best, sociopathic at worst. 
You are essentially complaining that a themed alliance is being attacked and the theme of said alliance is being made the subject of these attacks. Well, what makes your alliance any different than KT? This happens to them all the time, they just aren't trying to take away everyone's good time over it. 
How about ASM? They are likely attacked in the same way you claim to be, probably even more. No complaining. Weebenisum? I know they are. But they seem to have better coping skills.

None of these players are trying to emotionally manipulate the game into revamping the terms of the game for all players, and it all comes down to the coping skills of the people inside of these alliances. Maybe they are all cold bastards, idk. But it's fine with me if they are. It keeps a moderation war from happening.

Edited by Angantyr
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Angantyr said:

You are essentially complaining that a themed alliance is being attacked and the theme of said alliance is being made the subject of these attacks. Well, what makes your alliance any different than KT? This happens to them all the time, they just aren't trying to take away everyone's good time over it. 

I'm sorry, KT has had several of it's members warned, muted and even banned from the game for their hate speech, and terrorism themes in the game. Please take a look at:

Example 1
Example 2
And here's what the KT chat looks like.

KT is different than United Ummah as they are the ones being moderated. United Ummah isn't posting pictures of Columbine on their nation pages. And, as it's been brought up several times before, players like these are not what Alex, nor hundreds of others, want to see in the game. 

4 hours ago, Angantyr said:

How about ASM? They are likely attacked in the same way you claim to be, probably even more.

Okay, last time, this is not an issue that has not affected me for a while now. The last time somebody attempted to slander me they showed the entire P&W community that they lied about it. 

We're looking at creating a better environment for new players joining the community as well as helping to preserve the ones already here.

If people have issues I'm open to listening about rephrasing, shifting the rules or even alternatives in general. Looking at this and just saying "Yeah it's fine if people are harassed. Suck it up." provides no reasonable points of discussion and certainly no justification for the responses.

• Upvote 2

Eat them instead.

I also agree, I also don't think that this will be used for petty reasons or get a bunch of people banned. I don't think "edgy jokes" or anything will go away, but like potentially triggering topics like r*pe and su*cide (like explicit mentions where it can hurt someone) will go away. Same thing with like racism and sexism. 

Just now, Young Guilo said:

I'm sorry, KT has had several of it's members warned, muted and even banned from the game for their hate speech, and terrorism themes in the game.

So the rules we all agreed upon in the beginning are being enforced. So where is the problem?
Are you still mad at KT at large even though the rules are obviously being enforced? 

Just now, Young Guilo said:

We're looking at creating a better environment for new players joining the community as well as helping to preserve the ones already here.

If people have issues I'm open to listening about rephrasing, shifting the rules or even alternatives in general. Looking at this and just saying "Yeah it's fine if people are harassed. Suck it up." provides no reasonable points of discussion and certainly no justification for the responses.

The main point here is that the rules for harassment have already been clearly defined. Discord has it's own set of rules. Suggesting that alliance leaders and mods entrusted with overseeing the personal alliance server should be regulated by P&W staff is really beyond the pale as far as attempts at censorship and hall monitoring go. It is worthy of open mockery.

All alliances have their own distinct culture, and these thrive organically within these private servers. As a point, outsiders are not invited into the members section of these servers, and this is done intentionally. Outsiders sit in the public areas with the rest of the diplomats. Alex has his own server, and that is his business. He is in charge there. If he came to my server, he'd be playing by my rules. If he wanted to rage and stomp his feet, I'd just kick him and go on with my day. Maybe I'd type 'lol' as it happened but that would be the end of the entire matter for me. How he chooses to respond to what happened beyond that point is completely within his own power and none of my concern. Frankly, I expect the same sort of treatment from him because he is an adult.
It's threads like these that I need to be extremely specific in the fact that I am not trying to pick on Alex, but am simply using him as an example. Don't blow it out of proportion.

It is my opinion that if new players find the actual game itself to be toxic, then lol. But the forums are not the game, and Discord is not the forums. If these were all to merge into the same entity, the we would no longer be playing Politics and War, it would be more along the lines of Maple Story but with math.

If Alex wants to update the ToS into something more draconian, that is his right because this is his game. Personally, though, I prefer contact sports to circle-time, and it's not personal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You guys could also try just being nice to each other.  It is possible to have arguments on hot button issues, without being jerks to each other.

We have civil discussions in grumpy public channel all the time, and we always treat each other with respect.  Then again I do rule that channel with an ironfist, and if you step out of line I have zero tolerance and you will be banned with no warning.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

You guys could also try just being nice to each other.  It is possible to have arguments on hot button issues, without being jerks to each other.

We have civil discussions in grumpy public channel all the time, and we always treat each other with respect.  Then again I do rule that channel with an ironfist, and if you step out of line I have zero tolerance and you will be banned with no warning.

There's an idea, being nice! It's almost like we're not even on the internet anymore.

I guess the point that is getting me personally twisted up is the idea of alliances having their own personal power in their own private spaces forcefully ceded  to a group of outsiders who do not understand the culture, and definitely would not fit in. It would destroy the game by opening a new vector of attack.. over moderation. 
I am personally not a big fan of cancel culture, and this proposition looks like to me like it is asking for a mandate to enforce it within the game.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Avatar Korra Sato said:

I also agree, I also don't think that this will be used for petty reasons or get a bunch of people banned. I don't think "edgy jokes" or anything will go away, but like potentially triggering topics like r*pe and su*cide (like explicit mentions where it can hurt someone) will go away. Same thing with like racism and sexism. 

But why do you think right that certain communities in their private members would care if a rape joke was made.
Or if someone jokingly says "man I have so much homework i'm gonna kill myself".
Now it maye be offending to some, and that is fine, in that case they can without any doubts stay in an alliance that doesn't do this.
This does not mean that every community has to care. And as i brought up earlier, why can certain discords not have an NSFW channel (which would be explicitly againt the game rules) if they have a mature way of handeling this.

These communities are often groups of friends playing a game, and what works for some does not work for others.

I myself do like some friendly and nice discussion (as for example SRD said, discord channels can be heavy moderated). This does not mean i want to enforce this in other places. 

Next up sketchy is 100% right in knowing that people will abuse this, and I was here during Goons and boy have I seen some absolute ******** reporting. I in addition also believe that spying in alliance chats could become a very lucrative hobby if you an get people banned for misspeaking or whatever.

I think community moderation is a nice idea but very hard to execute and I believe the only use case are the worst scenarios (doxxing someone, blackmailing people with IRL threats..) but anythign that is only partially gray should be left alone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

I in addition also believe that spying in alliance chats could become a very lucrative hobby if you an get people banned for misspeaking or whatever.

This is not the point of this rule. We are not moderating discord servers, I'll repeat that:

THIS IS NOT TO MODERATE SERVERS

This is to allow action if somebody is repeatedly harassing or attacking another player. That's it. This means that the reports being made would be these reasons:

Somebody making spam discord accounts to message another player
Somebody raiding a discord server and spamming hate speech/imagery

85% of the reports would be of attacks in DMs. This is where a HUGE problem lies with inter-community communication. If somebody joins my discord server and starts sexually harassing one of my gov it's my belief that the player should not be involved in the community as this predatory behavior is not a one off.

This proposed rule is not to have Alex go into your servers and sweep for "no no words". This is to handle destructive attacks against an individual and giving the moderation team a chance to look at the given evidence and deem whether or not the person is a risk to the rest of the community.

This proposed rule does not affect your NSFW channels, it does not affect how you want to run YOUR server, it does not affect people to even spam nazi stuff with their friends.

This is, and I'll say this one last time, from the original post:

Personal (OOC) attacks on another player based on age, gender, race, religion or creed is against Community Rules.

This is attacks ON. ON. ON. ON. ON. ON. another player. This has nothing, I mean absolutely nothing to do, with attempting to control private servers or how they're run. If I don't like being in the server, I'll just leave. If I'm running my own server and I have hateful members from the community actively seeking me out to attack me for who I am I can't just leave that community. 

I don't know if it was my poor wording in the original post or if people have tried to skew the narrative to try and gain support of their own viewpoints that has led to this. I urge people to re-read the original post and carefully look at the proposed rules, changes and options that can impact the community. Do not jump to hasty conclusions that, clearly, others have already done.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Eat them instead.

You are making this a way bigger issue than it is while trying to play on a morale high ground while you dismiss other people’s points by saying they “skew the narratives” or that they “jump to conclusions”

meanwhile you are literally skewing the narrative by saying “this is not meant to moderate servers” With a proposed idea that would very obviously cause people to moderate each other, and some people will try to use anything to gain dirt to get an advantage in PnW. I guess your only argument here is that it’s not meant to moderate servers but that doesn’t matter, what matters is what happens not the intention.

That being said. You do realize that almost all these problems can be solved by literally setting up your discord server correctly right and reporting to discord support right?

And all your straw man what if situations 

I have hateful members from the community actively seeking me out to attack me

Would 100% be self regulated by the PnW community if let known. If the strawman here continues attacking you then banning him from the game was never going to do anything as he does not care about it.

This is attacks ON. ON. ON. ON. ON. ON. another player.

Another strawman, I cannot even think of a person in PnW currently who goes that far . Also once again reporting to discord support would fare you far better than banning on PNW, ontop of that the community would self regulate and screw that guy over.

if both these don’t stop him then him getting banned won’t either, making your moderation suggestion pretty much useless in scenarios which do apply and harmful in scenarios which don’t apply.

• Upvote 3

And, in case you didn't know, you can block people so they can't DM you. Kek.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

Guest Zephyr
5 hours ago, Young Guilo said:

You say this, but your entire idea is literally about moderating user behaviour on private servers. So that's a lie.

5 hours ago, Young Guilo said:

This is to allow action if somebody is repeatedly harassing or attacking another player. That's it. This means that the reports being made would be these reasons:

Somebody making spam discord accounts to message another player
Somebody raiding a discord server and spamming hate speech/imagery

These are already reportable to Discord's Trust and Safety team under the Community Guidelines.

Edited by Zephyr

16 hours ago, Angantyr said:

There's an idea, being nice! It's almost like we're not even on the internet anymore.

I guess the point that is getting me personally twisted up is the idea of alliances having their own personal power in their own private spaces forcefully ceded  to a group of outsiders who do not understand the culture, and definitely would not fit in. It would destroy the game by opening a new vector of attack.. over moderation. 
I am personally not a big fan of cancel culture, and this proposition looks like to me like it is asking for a mandate to enforce it within the game.

It's crazy right?  Treating people with kindness and respect, despite the fact that you will never meet them, and will have zero repercussions for acting like a dick.  What's weird is its not really that hard to do, it takes a slight modicum of self control, and a little bit of maturity.  If you are older than say 16, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to do this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

It's crazy right?  Treating people with kindness and respect, despite the fact that you will never meet them, and will have zero repercussions for acting like a dick.  What's weird is its not really that hard to do, it takes a slight modicum of self control, and a little bit of maturity.  If you are older than say 16, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to do this. 

oH yEaH? tHaT's NoT wHaT yOuR mUm SaId LaSt NiGhT!

• Haha 1

To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)

15 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

You can make jokes, but from what I hear, you are someone that has trouble with this.

Idk what you hear bro, but I am no more "unkind" then anyone else.

Legit idk why everyone says I did "this" or "that" but when confronted they just go "oh I heard it...somewhere" smh.

Anyway, Alliances as Songs is going to be posted soon and I address some of the drama in the author's note.

• Wiki Mod
On 12/31/2020 at 12:36 PM, Zephyr said:

This is an unrealistic and inappropriate approach to dealing with these issues...

• Screenshots/videos of user comments can be easily edited in multiple ways to falsify evidence.
    JMGLwvq.png

IdC4hyQ.png
    If I released this under different circumstances, would this be enough to cause confusion to less informed players? Maybe an accomplice could produce a similar screenshot to corroborate the claim and further cause havoc to Alex's reputation? "Zephyr did report Rose for violating game rules, maybe he has it in for them, and maybe Alex would do that for a hundred bucks on the side". Maybe you'd think such suspicions 'make sense', but it would not actually prove the screenshot legitimate or accusations drawn from it true.

The only way to prove to another user the legitimacy of a comment is to directly show them the actual comment itself, which means they need access to the server, channel, group chat, or direct message in which it appears. Screenshots are only useful at communicating information between trusted parties that would be certain a deception is not occurring. We should obviously hope that Alex's burden of proof is greater than taking the word of some random player waving a potentially doctored screenshot in front of him.

• Many P&W Discords actually are, or become, social hubs for their members.
    Once a Discord evolves into a social hub beyond just P&W related coordination, is it beyond Alex's reach? Does this mean we now also have to debate exactly what qualifies as a P&W Discord that Alex is permitted to infiltrate and moderate? Does this just mean alliances will race to step outside this definition to regain privacy and independence from Alex's moderation? Will this really yield the desired results?

• Alex is not entitled to regulate a player's behaviour in their own domain, or access their personal information therein.
    It's invasive and violates the privacy and independence of individuals to socialise in their own privately organised groups. There is no reasonable argument that Alex should have access to information shared in these spaces, let alone moderate behaviour within them. He does not own these Discords, these are not his spaces to moderate.

• Alex is not capable of effectively moderating hundreds of Discords, channels, group chats and direct messages.
    Alex is one man already having difficulty keeping up moderating the game, he would have to recruit help and unless he's willing to pay for it that means players and the potential abuse that comes with that. Furthermore, will players simply forgo associating their Discord account with their nation to avoid Discord moderation and punitive action against their nation?

• Users can delete their comments to evade Alex's judgement.
    If the standard of proof is (necessarily) direct observation of offending content, how responsive can Alex possibly be? I imagine the easy workaround for offenders would simply become deleting their comments before Alex can investigate.

• Users and Discord admins already have tools to limit exposure to abuse.
    Discord allows users to block users, and server admins can kick and ban abusive users, as well as use bots to help moderate their Discord's content. Through sensible decision making, users and Discord admins do have options to largely limit exposure to abuse on Discord.

• Discord has Community Guidelines and a Trust & Safety Team that handle inappropriate user behaviour and content on their platform.
    Discord already has robust Community Guidelines and a reporting process that already address a lot of the types of abuse mentioned. Discord's staff are more capable of accessing reported content than Alex, who would presumably have a lot of difficulty infiltrating every P&W related Discord, channel, group chat and direct message. Additionally Discord's staffing is more sizeable and faster at responding to moderation requests.

This pretty much. Most importantly to me, there is a myriad of ethical concerns in this kind stretching of the moderation reach. There are also very important practical issues. A good place to start would be what if the hosting server (rightly I might add) refuses to allow access? Is Alex supposed then threaten to ban them too? Pretty sure that would be a violation of Discord's ToS to say nothing of US law. And even with access there are still many ways to hide stuff on Discord; And most servers are not set up to handle them reliably. So even ethics and availability concerns aside, a program like this would require Discord's platform level tools. 

On 12/31/2020 at 1:27 PM, Hime-sama said:

There should be a crossover between the game, the official Discord, and the official forum in some capacity. If someone is banned from any platform for OOC, hate speech, basically any extreme violation of that sort, so should they be banned from the other platforms to root it from the game as much as reasonably possible, since moderating other unofficial servers is too delicate. The punishments for these violations, would also need to be revisited, because a 1/9 warn on the forums for hate speech is frankly not enough.

In principle I do agree that the official areas should have a more cohesive moderation system both in rules and punishments, including some 'global' level punishments. That being said, there are certainly issues, mainly with the ability to adequately track and link accounts on various platforms. Some stuff has been taken up cross platform before, but its an exception not the rule because it requires a large time investment from staff to do that.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:01 PM, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

I mean if it became an OoC is not allowed/question people's IRL integrity....

You'll be opening a can of worms for the whole community

Almost every prominent player has an OOC oopsie moment

I would know, I keep tabs on shit people do. Both IC and OoC, but only IC scandals make it to SNN. 

Remember when GOONs used moderation as a weapon? Starting this is asking for a moderation war and the moment people think they can snipe some low hanging fruit, it's going to be returned with a moderation and OOC character bloodbath. This is how all of this will go down:

*snip*

Shifty makes a great point here as well. When ever a rule exists, there will always be a line of people trying to bend it in their favor or alter its interpretation to their favor. It's also possible to make a mistake, even acting in good faith. In fact thats guaranteed. 

19 hours ago, Young Guilo said:

This is not the point of this rule. We are not moderating discord servers, I'll repeat that:

You are unquestionably requesting PW staff moderate other servers. That it is only in one area, does not change what it is.

```````````````````````````

Now as the Lead Mod for the official server, I have severe ethical concerns with even attempting such a course as OP has requested. Especially when the needed tools for such a venture are not even obtainable much less actively available. So the answer is a flat no.

Part of being a mod or having any authority for that matter, is knowing where your authority should stop, and this is very much past that line. It is ultimately the right and responsibility of Discord's team to moderate their platform. And it is to them you'll need to take up any issues outside of PW's small confines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid