Questioning the causes of serious Orbis Wars

Phoenyx

2 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I disagree. I think I learned a lot, especially from Tyrion. 

Why do you think I'm being intellectually dishonest?

I am.

You really haven't learned shit yet to be honest. You're still a pawn and will be a pawn for as long as you're in a micro. If you escape micros then you will be  a pawn until you reach at least low gov, id argue until high gov.

You think you know a lot but you really don't yet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dtc justice said:

You really haven't learned [foul language removed]

You think you know a lot but you really don't yet.

I think I know a fair amount about the global war at this point, which is the main thing I've been talking about for a while.

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Why do you think I'm being intellectually dishonest?

Well, for the simplest and most glaringly painful example of many, you aren't accounting for bias. Worse than that, you're claiming to account for bias while knowingly applying biases of your own that are based entirely on personal opinion at best, and gut reaction to propaganda at worst.

The truth doesn't care what you think it is nor what you want it to be, and focusing on something in an attempt to prove that it is what you want it to be or what you think it should be is the apex of intellectual dishonesty. Just because you want Quack to not have a good reason to go to war doesn't mean that they didn't, no matter how hard you try to manufacture alternative facts.

Meanwhile, you've been taking simple statements as factual evidence when you like what that statement implies, without subjecting those statements to the same scrutiny as you've applied to things you do not like.

Even IF you are entirely correct on every point, your methodology and logic is completely dishonest. Even IF your biases lead you to totally accurate truths, there's no observable difference between something that you like versus something that you know.

That is intellectual dishonesty, and it is evil.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I think I know a fair amount about the global war at this point, which is the main thing I've been talking about for a while.

Its also not about how much you know. If you aren't high gov or advisor to high gov like me and others like me, in other major alliances, then you are kept in the dark for opsec/fa reasons. For that reason you are a pawn, but you are a pawn with no eyes because you are dillusional about it.

Nobody worth mentioning trusts you because you bring every evidence to the forums, you lost that trust when you started the first thread on the topic.  The longer you continue the topic on the forums the longer it will take for people to have amnesia over your actions, and you will be a pawn until you change. 

9 hours ago, Corpsman said:

Is it just me or am I getting some serious flat earther vibes from this guy? 

Phoenyx is an anti-vaxxer so you're not too far off.

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

How did I know who posted this without even clicking on  it.

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

24 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, for the simplest and most glaringly painful example of many, you aren't accounting for bias. Worse than that, you're claiming to account for bias while knowingly applying biases of your own that are based entirely on personal opinion at best, and gut reaction to propaganda at worst.

It's easy to claim that someone is biased. What's harder is to show evidence that this is the case. 

23 minutes ago, dtc justice said:

Its also not about how much you know. If you aren't high gov or advisor to high gov like me and others like me, in other major alliances, then you are kept in the dark for opsec/fa reasons.

In one particular instance, I actually knew more than Tyrion himself. Sometimes, it's not all about being in high gov and being privy to opsec. Sometimes you just have to ask the right questions to the right people. Now, I fully admit that there are limits to how much one can learn without certain security clearances, but I think that what I know concerning GW16 is enough to come up with some pretty reasonable conclusions, which I have already elaborated on. This doesn't mean I don't want to know more.

11 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

It's easy to claim that someone is biased. What's harder is to show evidence that this is the case.

You've literally admitted to it yourself. On this page even.

If you can't bring yourself to accept that, then you need more help than I am able to give.

1 hour ago, Phoenyx said:

I disagree. I think I learned a lot, especially from Tyrion.

32 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

In one particular instance, I actually knew more than Tyrion himself.

Laughing my ass off at you for the second one, by the way.

3 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

In one particular instance, I actually knew more than Tyrion himself. Sometimes, it's not all about being in high gov and being privy to opsec. Sometimes you just have to ask the right questions to the right people. Now, I fully admit that there are limits to how much one can learn without certain security clearances, but I think that what I know concerning GW16 is enough to come up with some pretty reasonable conclusions, which I have already elaborated on. This doesn't mean I don't want to know more.

It's pretty amusing you think you knew more than tyrion at one point

If you're referring to the war itself specifically, maybe? But I doubt it. you have to realize people lie all the time to hide things that are opsec. 

It says something when your opening post to this thread gets over 30+ people downvoting and laughing at you while the very next post mocking you gets upvotes.

I'm sure you haven't noticed because between my words and your brain there is a screen which blocks all attempts of reasoning. But anything and everything you have ever said in this thread, and on the forums as a whole is irrelevant. You position is irrelevant, and your opinions are irrelevant. 

Exhibit A: image.png.0948459b04835d8c907f118ce47dfccd.png

September 14th, as of writing this post, was 105 days ago (in my timezone). 628/105= roughly 6 content counts a day. And yet you've only won 1 day in all those numerous posts because no one is upvoting your shit. 
See: Scarf's chart about your true karma/reputation whatever you want to call it.

Your posts appeal to 3 people in the entirety or Orbis and the rest of us just want you to shut the frick up. So please. Shut the frick up.

Cry harder

Wanted dead or alive for the following crimes:

Thoughts of attempting rebellion, leaking, being a femboy, being a weeb

Your posting on forums has already become insipid and you act fatous with a vacuous thinking.

Your janglesome interpretation does nothing to aid your facade trying to being a convival man, you poor blatherskite & obstreperous person.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Flavee said:

Your posting on forums has already become insipid and you act fatous with a vacuous thinking.

Your janglesome interpretation does nothing to aid your facade trying to being a convival man, you poor blatherskite & obstreperous person.

Dad?

• Haha 6

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

9 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I disagree. I think I learned a lot, especially from Tyrion.

10 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

In one particular instance, I actually knew more than Tyrion himself.

Laughing my ass off at you for the second one, by the way.

Alright, so I said I learned a lot from Tyrion. Unless you can show evidence that I didn't, then there's no bias there. As to my second statement, I was referring to Ronny's log with his HM leader source. Tyrion hadn't seen it before I showed it to him. 

12 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Alright, so I said I learned a lot from Tyrion. Unless you can show evidence that I didn't, then there's no bias there. As to my second statement, I was referring to Ronny's log with his HM leader source. Tyrion hadn't seen it before I showed it to him. 

The bias isn't in whether or not you've learned from Tyrion, the bias is in your adoration of Tyrion and your intellectually dishonest insistence that he is a perfectly reliable source of evidence, rather than simply public statements.

So, yes, there is bias there, you are wrong, and you are dishonest.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The bias isn't in whether or not you've learned from Tyrion, the bias is in your adoration of Tyrion and your intellectually dishonest insistence that he is a perfectly reliable source of evidence, rather than simply public statements.

As mentioned previously, I don't always agree with Tyrion. Our largest rift is probably that I felt that many of the things he told me in private should be shared in public. And while he initially persuaded me that it wouldn't be good to bother Ronny about his HM leader source, I clearly came to believe otherwise later on. Anyway, there's a -reason- that I trust Tyrion. He asks the types of questions that one would expect from someone who generally wants to know more, as can be seen in my conversation with him concerning Ronny's HM leader source. Partisan, by contrast, has never shown any interest in questioning Boyce regarding the source of his claims that tCW, HM and Swamp were probably going to attack Quack in December or January.

Unlike your claim of me, I am not claiming that Partisan is being dishonest. However, I do believe that he seems to have no interest in trying to look deeper into Boyce's claims, unlike Tyrion, who clearly did want to know more concerning Ronny's HM leader's source. He even wanted to know why Ronny didn't want to share this information. I couldn't tell him that, though, because Ronny never gave a reason for not wanting to share that info.

Edited by Phoenyx

On 12/28/2020 at 8:41 PM, LarsarisN said:

but because it's christmas im going to be nice and just say merry christmas and for the love of god and all others, shtap

merry christmas gerry <3.

and yes, you should stop bro. People war for shits and giggles.

1 hour ago, Arkin said:

merry christmas gerry <3.

and yes, you should stop bro. People war for shits and giggles.

I agree that a lot of people do. But not -everyone-. Certainly not Alliances that are primarily defensive in nature, such as TFP, where I spent the first 2 months of my existence in Orbis. Tyrion has also made it clear that he doesn't like basing policy based on rumours, I imagine the same would apply to his reasons for going to war. But to each their own.

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I agree that a lot of people do. But not -everyone-. Certainly not Alliances that are primarily defensive in nature, such as TFP, where I spent the first 2 months of my existence in Orbis. Tyrion has also made it clear that he doesn't like basing policy based on rumours, I imagine the same would apply to his reasons for going to war. But to each their own.

All it takes is a few major alliances that want to war for fun, and it drags most of the top 50 alliances in and they typically don't have a choice. 

2 hours ago, dtc justice said:

All it takes is a few major alliances that want to war for fun, and it drags most of the top 50 alliances in and they typically don't have a choice. 

I can buy that too, sure. Perhaps that's what happened in regard to the war between Argh and Swamp. However, the last global war wasn't that. People had very strongly held beliefs regarding what actually started the war. There is a way of resolving these differences though- you just need to go to the sources. In this case, that would be Ronny's HM leader and Boyce. One thing I can say though- the fact that neither HM or Quack seem all that interested in exploring these things makes me question their credibility in general. They may believe what they say, but they're not that interested in actually providing evidence for it.