Questioning the causes of serious Orbis Wars

Phoenyx

1 hour ago, dtc justice said:

No hes right partially. He said some things weren't fun, and thats true...war became stale pretty quick because the mechanics left no room for a comeback attempt.

But he was right for the wrong reasons lol

I mean The Swampy Situation War was worse than this to me we had to deal with a no biege mechanic and never ending slottedness so frankly you all could have been smarter to make it less annoying 

28 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

i cant tell if a broken link is the joke, or if the gif was the joke.  I think broken gif works in this context tho.

The gif was the joke (A large legion throwing javelins at a single enemy), but yea a broken gif is also a goodin

2 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

This is why I'm not including the war against Argh as a serious war

Suurrreee... a war with 40bn damages and that lasted longer than the global isn't a serious war 😛

2 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

I believe the reasons behind it are fairly straightforward. 

Might it be because we chose to be straightforward? Why do you think is everyone attacking Pantheon all of a sudden, for example? 🙃

But I agree with @Redarmy. You have this schoolboy vibe of being the last one to reply in a conversation, so I will let you have the last word in this thread and engage no more.

• Upvote 2

Me, trying to save some aspect of this guys dignity:
Don't respond Don't respond Don't respond
This guy:
haha retard go brr

• Haha 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

This now begs the question:

Do people want more Phoenyx posts? Or do they wish to return to the s**t posts of Avansies?

Thumbs down for Phoenyx, thumbs up for Class A Avansies s**t posts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

4 hours ago, Isjaki said:

Suurrreee... a war with 40bn damages and that lasted longer than the global isn't a serious war 😛

Might it be because we chose to be straightforward? Why do you think is everyone attacking Pantheon all of a sudden, for example? 🙃

But I agree with @Redarmy. You have this schoolboy vibe of being the last one to reply in a conversation, so I will let you have the last word in this thread and engage no more.

A bunch of nuke rogues slapping around noobs is not a war. Amount of damage and length have also been established as irrelevant to what makes a war. Furthermore most people don't even regard the numerous anti piracy measures in Orbis history as actual wars either, hence the meme "lol you can't war arrgh noob".

So no, it's not a war at all, frankly. A war requires among many other things political entities in conflict. Since calling arrgh a political entity would be stretching the definition so much a toddlers lemonade stand could also be called a political entity, I'm going to say it does not fit that criteria. 😛

Edited by Akuryo
  • Haha 3

On 12/17/2020 at 8:49 AM, Hodor said:

Just jumping in here as a PSA. I've never seen anyone make Adrienne actually throw insults, so my Christmas gift to you all is simple. Hover over Phoenyx's name, click ignore user:

ignore.png

select all

ignore-2.png

and voila!

ignore3.png

Disclaimer: He will still argue with you and in fact be convinced you are talking to him despite the fact that you will see none of his posts nor address him. This is a bug we've not yet sorted out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Young Guilo said:

This now begs the question:

Do people want more Phoenyx posts? Or do they wish to return to the s**t posts of Avansies?

Thumbs down for Phoenyx, thumbs up for Class A Avansies s**t posts.

jKzGBQj.gif

that's a "neither," not "both," btw >_>

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

20 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

A bunch of nuke rogues slapping around noobs is not a war. Amount of damage and length have also been established as irrelevant to what makes a war. 

Who established that, when was that established and on what basis? A bunch of landlubbers beating each other for a month and then signing long-ass NAPs to build upto 3k infra is war?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I am disappointed I am not on that exalted list. I shall work harder.

love u hodor, 😜 

• Haha 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

39 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

Who established that, when was that established and on what basis? A bunch of landlubbers beating each other for a month and then signing long-ass NAPs to build upto 3k infra is war?

People with actual relevance and power established that. Poor isjaki still hasn't caught up from 2015 when arrgh was politically relevant. Some people really just living in the past.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

Guys I’m not so sure quack sphere is really a duck. Rather a goose 🤔

This would have been a decent narrative for anti-quack. A duck isn't all that threatening, but have you ever met a goose? They're douchebags.

• Haha 2

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

12 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

I decided to make this thread in an effort to get people to question the stated causes of any new serious wars involving many Alliances. Because while Alliance heads may believe what they're saying, it doesn't make them right. In the case of the last Global War, it's also obvious that not everyone could be right in terms of what caused the Global War, as many of the narratives contradict each other in various ways. Constructive feedback welcome.

Alright, see, questions are good. Nobody should ever be discouraged from asking questions, nor shamed for doing so no matter what the question, as long as the question is honest and the intention to listen and learn to the response is there. I encourage asking questions and learning things for oneself, and it is my policy to listen to and where possible provide what insight I can towards it. Even from you.

Questions are fine.

With that said, Phoenyx... do you actually have an actual question?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Alright, see, questions are good. Nobody should ever be discouraged from asking questions, nor shamed for doing so no matter what the question, as long as the question is honest and the intention to listen and learn to the response is there. I encourage asking questions and learning things for oneself, and it is my policy to listen to and where possible provide what insight I can towards it. Even from you.

Questions are fine.

With that said, Phoenyx... do you actually have an actual question?

This thread wasn't about my questions, but rather, encouraging people to ask them whenever they get into a war that they don't really know much about.

As to questions of my own, sure, but you've heard them already. Things like, who is the anonymous HM leader, more importantly who was their source(s), where did Boyce get the notion that tCW, HM and Swamp were going to attack, things of that nature. 

Just now, Phoenyx said:

This thread wasn't about my questions, but rather, encouraging people to ask them whenever they get into a war that they don't really know much about.

You don't need to make a thread to do that, and doing so is counterproductive. If people aren't asking questions, then they have their reasons for that. Calling attention to that isn't helpful and in fact quite rude.

If you don't have something to say nor ask, then making a post without any content whatsoever is a waste of everyone's time and energy.

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

You don't need to make a thread to do that, and doing so is counterproductive.

I disagree. I think people should be encouraged to ask questions because there are a lot of people here who -discourage- it here.  I may be a fairly new player, but that doesn't mean I just have to be a pawn in someone else's game. 

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Phoenyx said:

I disagree. I think people should be encouraged to ask questions because there are a lot of people here who -discourage- it. I may be a fairly new player, but that doesn't mean I just have to be a pawn in someone else's game. 

Unfortunately if you aren't high gov in a major alliance then you are a pawn, like everyone else that's in the dark leading up to wars, and during wars. Same shit IRL, soldiers and common folk don't get to know the intricacies of war.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Phoenyx said:

I disagree. I think people should be encouraged to ask questions because there are a lot of people here who -discourage- it here.

Actually, they're not discouraging questions in general, they're discouraging you from being intellectually dishonest.

2 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I may be a fairly new player, but that doesn't mean I just have to be a pawn in someone else's game. 

It does mean that you absolutely have to be a pawn in someone else's game. Your only other alternative is to be a pawn that's deluding itself into thinking that it is alone, which it is not and can never be.

If you want to escape pawnhood, then fight. Fight your way to the other side of the board. Then you don't have to be a pawn anymore... but you still had to be a pawn to get there. We've all done it, so don't insult us and our efforts with arrogantly thinking you can just pop in and act like you've earned it.

5 minutes ago, dtc justice said:

Unfortunately if you aren't high gov in a major alliance then you are a pawn, like everyone else that's in the dark leading up to wars, and during wars. Same shit IRL, soldiers and common folk don't get to know the intricacies of war.

I disagree. I think I learned a lot, especially from Tyrion. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Actually, they're not discouraging questions in general, they're discouraging you from being intellectually dishonest.

Why do you think I'm being intellectually dishonest?

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

If you want to escape pawnhood, then fight. 

I am.

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Downvote 1