Moderation reform

Isjaki

Recently, I had shared the meme shared here in the PW discord server, under the #politicsandwar channel. The meme describes a scene from the movie 'Downfall', with the captions edited. It was promptly flagged as being 'Nazism' by the moderator @Lossi, and I was given a warning for sharing nazi content. Apart from the meme clearly being a joke, it was quite insulting to be accused of nazism, especially given the fact that many people who engage in the game community are aware of my left-leaning political views and how I strongly I despise fascism.

Similarly, the user @Ockey5 had recently been muted for a week for filter-evading the F-word by moderator @Dr Rush. While filter evasion is indeed worthy of a mute, I think we can all agree that a one week mute is too extreme for that. I am sure that many other people who engage in the #politicsandwar have stories of their own to share.

It indeed is ironic that the meme shared earlier today by @hidude45454 is considered acceptable in the forums but not in the discord server. I think many people would agree with me when I claim that the moderation in the discord server is extremely strict and heavy-handed, as compared to the game or the forum. While it's true that being a server moderator is indeed a very demanding and stressful role, I would request @Alex to intervene to ensure that moderation becomes more fair and bearable, than making insinuations of nazism for sharing a meme or muting for a week over filter evasion.

• Upvote 3

• Wiki Mod

The nazism rule does exist in weird place where it both covers the promotion of nazi material and also separately accusing others of being nazis. From a record keeping perspective that is a valid issue to bring up and I'll add it to the list of things to be addressed next time the rules/policies are updated. That being said, if we are being intellectually honest, downfall parodies are very much associating whoever is being memed on with nazis. Whether intentional or not that does happen and should fall under whatever rule covers calling each other nazis. That being said, the community has already had a discussion on downfall in particular and per Alex it enjoys a special exclusion from the rules. I doubt Lossi knew about that specific exception so I have let them know about it and struck your warn from the record.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

58 minutes ago, BrythonLexi said:

I have to agree w/ @Isjaki
on all this.  When the punishment for a swear is equal to a dehumanising, transphobic attack, something is messed up for sure.

Indeed, they punish OOC harassment all the same, there is definitely a problem.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

6 hours ago, Isjaki said:

Recently, I had shared the meme shared here in the PW discord server, under the #politicsandwar channel. The meme describes a scene from the movie 'Downfall', with the captions edited. It was promptly flagged as being 'Nazism' by the moderator @Lossi, and I was given a warning for sharing nazi content. Apart from the meme clearly being a joke, it was quite insulting to be accused of nazism, especially given the fact that many people who engage in the game community are aware of my left-leaning political views and how I strongly I despise fascism.

Similarly, the user @Ockey5 had recently been muted for a week for filter-evading the F-word by moderator @Dr Rush. While filter evasion is indeed worthy of a mute, I think we can all agree that a one week mute is too extreme for that. I am sure that many other people who engage in the #politicsandwar have stories of their own to share.

It indeed is ironic that the meme shared earlier today by @hidude45454 is considered acceptable in the forums but not in the discord server. I think many people would agree with me when I claim that the moderation in the discord server is extremely strict and heavy-handed, as compared to the game or the forum. While it's true that being a server moderator is indeed a very demanding and stressful role, I would request @Alex to intervene to ensure that moderation becomes more fair and bearable, than making insinuations of nazism for sharing a meme or muting for a week over filter evasion.

Right, so I'm well aware I'm disliked for being someone who enforces the rules to the letter they're written, so that half is fine and all.  But at the time I was unaware of the downfall exception and was not trying to accuse you of propagating nazism, only stating that the video itself contained it, and therefore didn't belong on the server.  I woke up today to an explanation from Rush that we have this exception per Alex, so hopped in here to apologize to you for the situation.

5 hours ago, BrythonLexi said:

I have to agree w/ @Isjaki
on all this.  When the punishment for a swear is equal to a dehumanising, transphobic attack, something is messed up for sure.

4 hours ago, Hime-sama said:

Indeed, they punish OOC harassment all the same, there is definitely a problem.

On these topics, I entirely agree, but have limited ability to change that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095