Lowered Approval Rating Over Time

BrythonLexi

It appears that my nation is experiences a fall in approval ratings over time.  However, based on the Wiki's calculations for approval rating, this does not make sense.

Pollution is at 0, population density is less than 125, and I have both money and food.  The only factor should be a 0.025/turn increase as well as the positive boost from low pop density and no pollution.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

The wiki is a bit outdated, some time ago I set an equilibrium approval rating of 60%, and your approval rating should increase/decrease by 1% per day or so toward that level. So it's a bit of a logistic function with the equilibrium at 60%.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The wiki is a bit outdated, some time ago I set an equilibrium approval rating of 60%, and your approval rating should increase/decrease by 1% per day or so toward that level. So it's a bit of a logistic function with the equilibrium at 60%.

Huh, that's amazing!  When was this update added?

• 2 weeks later...

Requesting a little bit of transparency here.

Why did this change go in?

How does one keep it above 100% after the update (seems impossible)?

Most people don't care about it but what of those people who do? It seems this update essentially gets rid of the approval rating system entirely, and if that's the case, then why not set the equilibrium at 100% for people who DO care about their rating?

Lastly, was this change broadcasted? I don't remember seeing it in any changelogs in-game?

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 8:08 AM, Kabu said:

How does one keep it above 100% after the update (seems impossible)?

Well, to answer this one, if the approval rating is meant to shift by 1% per day then that's negligible compared to how far it moves due to warfare. Given ±1000% approval rating, it would literally take three IRL years of pixelhugging to even shift back into sane levels. Meanwhile, each war won or lost (which can happen at a faster rate than one per day given intense raiding or global warring) counts for several times that much.

Outside of the most legendarily cowardly pixelhuggers, and most of the time even for them, war is the real factor that dictates approval rating and easily transcends such trivial concerns as nation-wide starvation, economic collapse or blackouts.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

As the person with the highest approval rating there's not really any issues here. Every day I increase my approval rating by 8. During war it drops dramatically (last 2 wars dropped me by 230 score). If you're really trying to increase your approval rating it's not challenging. 

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

• 2 months later...