A Snake's Tale: Surrender, Booze, and Peace

Benfro

12 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

Hi Keeg! Long time no speak!

I have some questions if you don't mind. 

Which part am I supposed to take responsibility for? You knowing Rose had their hands all over Swamp when you tied them back in May? You conveniently avoiding and ignoring that fact despite admitting you knew about it? Maybe you calling us a hegemony even though you've been very aware of and even part of these backroom ties since at least then?

You can sit here and spew all the shit you want about "QUACK MAN TOO BIG" and "QUACK MAN HEGEMON" and try to spin it as it being our fault all you want, my dear. 

Don't pretend you haven't been giving eachother sensual backrubs for months my friend. We can go round and round all day long, but I think I'll let you speak for yourself.

unknown.png

What's that saying about bricks in glass houses?

QUACK MAN BAD!!!

Keeps ruining a good narrative with facts...

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

I will stick up for Quack some here.  I understand why they proceeded how they did given what they were facing, so whether Boyce had anything of actual value or not is somewhat irrelevant to me.  They felt they were going to be targeted either way and they acted upon it - plain and simple.  I don't fault them for that at all for making the best play from that position that they saw at the time.  I think people focus too much on actual CBs that in some way we need some hard evidence to be justified for a war.  It should be as simple as "we felt threatened and that's why we acted".  

As one that would like to avoid a repeat war, we need to accept some of what happened for what it is and be willing to move on.  While I still stand by our assessment of the threat before the war started, this war did show that they weren't in as much of a dominant position as much of the game feared perhaps, and so I appreciate their feelings on the defensiveness about being viewed as a hegemony.  I think everyone can reset some of their expectations and perceptions perhaps, as we all move forward.

• Upvote 6

Phoenix start a new thread, lets figure out all the Abbas/Rose shill alliances lmao we have confirmation from Hedge that it is a thing! You must run with it!

Keegoz is a good source of info for these things right? Surely he must be better than Boyce.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

I will stick up for Quack some here.  I understand why they proceeded how they did given what they were facing, so whether Boyce had anything of actual value or not is somewhat irrelevant to me.  They felt they were going to be targeted either way and they acted upon it - plain and simple.  I don't fault them for that at all for making the best play from that position that they saw at the time.  I think people focus too much on actual CBs that in some way we need some hard evidence to be justified for a war.  It should be as simple as "we felt threatened and that's why we acted".  

As one that would like to avoid a repeat war, we need to accept some of what happened for what it is and be willing to move on.  While I still stand by our assessment of the threat before the war started, this war did show that they weren't in as much of a dominant position as much of the game feared perhaps, and so I appreciate their feelings on the defensiveness about being viewed as a hegemony.  I think everyone can reset some of their expectations and perceptions perhaps, as we all move forward.

You make some good points, but I think you undervalue Boyce's contribution not just to this war, but on the key issue of credibility. I have agreed with Adrienne that before the war started, they felt threatened and they felt that if they tried to confirm with TCW/HM directly, they might get attacked early. But the war is over now. I think that people are beginning to realize that Boyce is the weak link in their story and I really think it's a good thing that people point that out.

Because ultimately, wars are started and maintained based on what people believe. If we want to avoid wars based on rumours of questionable value, then we have to hold those who spread them to account.

Edited by Phoenyx

7 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

You make some good points, but I think you undervalue Boyce's contribution not just to this war, but on the key issue of credibility. I have agreed with Adrienne that before the war started, they felt threatened and they felt that if they tried to confirm with TCW/HM directly, they might get attacked early. But the war is over now. I think that people are beginning to realize that Boyce is the weak link in their story and I really think it's a good thing that people point that out.

Because ultimately, wars are started and maintained based on what people believe. If we want to avoid wars based on rumours of questionable value, then we have to hold those who spread them to account.

did you really just ignore a vital new piece of "evidence" just so you can go back to harping your own party line?

• Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

31 minutes ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Phoenix start a new thread, lets figure out all the Abbas/Rose shill alliances lmao we have confirmation from Hedge that it is a thing! You must run with it!

Let's be real, here - not even Phoenyx has the time to figure that one out.

tenor.gif

sorry to interrupt your arguing, please continue!

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Haha 6
xzhPlEh.png?1

Just now, Prefonteen said:

did you really just ignore a vital new piece of "evidence" just so you can go back to harping your own party line?

Perhaps I missed it entirely. What piece of "evidence" are you referring to?

3 hours ago, Adrienne said:

That's not at all what I said but it is fascinating to see how your mind works. Explains so much. 

3 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

Why do you insist on interjecting. Aku has history with us. He's a big boy. He will speak for himself. 

It is what was said. You, quack, were told that the others intervened out of their own concerns about you, of feeling threatened. You countered this was nonsense because you had informed both they were not the target and had no intention of targeting them and asked they stay out.

And these two other parties, on the opposing side, CORROBORATED this story and confirmed it, in public and private, making it one of the only agreed upon truths in the war.

And now, you say that this claim, this agreed upon truths YOU submitted and which was confirmed, is a half truth.

What is the half truth untold? Please do tell we're all very curious. Is this where that little story about trying to get Swamp to fight rose so you could have the two biggest spheres vs the two smallest?

For the rest of us your poorly hidden contempt for others trying to embrace minispheres is blatant already but perhaps some others could do with the elucidation.

Also: She's a big girl*

She will speak for herself*

Thanks

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

It is what was said. You, quack, were told that the others intervened out of their own concerns about you, of feeling threatened. You countered this was nonsense because you had informed both they were not the target and had no intention of targeting them and asked they stay out.

And these two other parties, on the opposing side, CORROBORATED this story and confirmed it, in public and private, making it one of the only agreed upon truths in the war.

And now, you say that this claim, this agreed upon truths YOU submitted and which was confirmed, is a half truth.

What is the half truth untold? Please do tell we're all very curious. Is this where that little story about trying to get Swamp to fight rose so you could have the two biggest spheres vs the two smallest?

For the rest of us your poorly hidden contempt for others trying to embrace minispheres is blatant already but perhaps some others could do with the elucidation.

I already responded to this, Akuryo. I will again state that no, what you paraphrased was not at all what I said and, as usual, you are extremely off base. Open your eyes, pay attention, and read.

3 hours ago, Adrienne said:

What I was actually saying, @Akuryo, is that your claims that we "admitted" we were intending to keep out both Rose and Swamp are half-truths to try to make it appear like our goal was to dogpile Hedge, when you're abundantly aware of the falsehood of that claim as we've talked to several on your side about what actually happened and our aims AND we've talked about it here. To you actually. After which you completely ignored it until, as Partisan mentioned, you saw fit to continue your diatribe elsewhere, after some time had passed.

BrOQBND.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

After you? we literally tried to form a bloc with you after NPOLT, you said no and decided to make a super bloc with tS instead, because you thought it would be safer for TKR.  (one if we did form, it would have made all the blocs much more equal, and swamp would have been the big dog on campus and not you guys)

False claims? Actions speak louder than words, you actually made a move on us one where you heavily outnumbered us, where as we discussed about possibly making a move on you.  I dont know if you noticed, in terms of accountability but I admitted we talked about attacking you 2-3 months ago, I dont know if you also noticed we never actually pulled the trigger.   Your own paranoia over getting attacked did what none of our three blocs could do on our own which was come together, because Quack forced all of us to do it when you militarized.

I do apologize for not letting you guys steamroll us, I also apologize if the other blocs made you think they had your backs, or they were going to stay out when they did not.  You got outplayed, and you got rolled, it happens to all of us, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to us next.

The fact that you think this is a bipolar conflict basically is an admittance that you are a huge powerhouse, seeing as it was 3 blocks vs 1.

Side note to your Side note: We were ready to peace out the war after about 2-3 weeks, we told you guys whenever you wanted to end the war come find us, and you guys wanted to keep fighting (I dont blame you for that FYI, I would also probably would if I were you), then we offered you the same 3 month nap we offered to TCW, and you wanted 6 months, and then dragged the war out another 2 weeks to end up with a 4 month nap.  So you could have had basically the same deal as TCW, but Quack dragged it out, so I hate to break it to you, but 95% of the pain you are feeling is self inflicted.

Another side note: I am disappointed at how personally Quack has taken this war, I would say for this war for atleast HM was a pragmatic war for the protection of our bloc.  I didn't, and still dont have any personal distaste for any of the alliances in Quack.  The TWC war was much more personal for us seeing as both blocs had been making moves to undermine each other over the 6 month nap but that war and the peace process was so much more cordial than the Quack war and its peace process.  I found it to be extremely disappointed seeing as how vehement t$ was against any type of toxic behavior brought on by IQ crap, but some had little problems acting in an extremely similar manner. 

5 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Also: She's a big girl*

She will speak for herself*

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Perhaps I missed it entirely. What piece of "evidence" are you referring to?

unknown.png

Given these boys will probably talk over it again to pretend they weren't in league for months to take us out.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

5 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

False claims? Actions speak louder than words, you actually made a move on us one where you heavily outnumbered us, where as we discussed about possibly making a move on you.  I dont know if you noticed, in terms of accountability but I admitted we talked about attacking you 2-3 months ago, I dont know if you also noticed we never actually pulled the trigger.   Your own paranoia over getting attacked did what none of our three blocs could do on our own which was come together, because Quack forced all of us to do it when you militarized.

I do apologize for not letting you guys steamroll us, I also apologize if the other blocs made you think they had your backs, or they were going to stay out when they did not.  You got outplayed, and you got rolled, it happens to all of us, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to us next.

Really good point, and one I admit I had somewhat forgotten. As you said, you did briefly talk about the possibility of attacking Quack, perhaps at the point in time when you thought you had been told that Swamp was also interested in doing the same. But a bit of talk is one thing, actually planning to attack and then following through is another thing entirely and as you say, it was their actions that led to the defensive coalition that was set up springing into action. 

Just now, Phoenyx said:

Really good point, and one I admit I had somewhat forgotten. As you said, you did briefly talk about the possibility of attacking Quack, perhaps at the point in time when you thought you had been told that Swamp was also interested in doing the same. But a bit of talk is one thing, actually planning to attack and then following through is another thing entirely and as you say, it was their actions that led to the defensive coalition that was set up springing into action. 

No. The swamp approach to Ronny (and his implicit agreement to fight if rose was in) preceeded anything t$ or TKR did. That's the part of the whole issue here.

os9LcJK.gif

1 minute ago, Prefonteen said:

unknown.png

Given these boys will probably talk over it again to pretend they weren't in league for months to take us out.

I think the truth is as Ronnie says- it seems there was indeed a bit of talk in HM about initiating a first strike against you guys, but it never went anywhere.

11 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Another side note: I am disappointed at how personally Quack has taken this war, I would say for this war for atleast HM was a pragmatic war for the protection of our bloc.  I didn't, and still dont have any personal distaste for any of the alliances in Quack.  The TWC war was much more personal for us seeing as both blocs had been making moves to undermine each other over the 6 month nap but that war and the peace process was so much more cordial than the Quack war and its peace process.  I found it to be extremely disappointed seeing as how vehement t$ was against any type of toxic behavior brought on by IQ crap, but some had little problems acting in an extremely similar manner. 

I'll respond to this one seperately.

t$ is against anything OOC and any IQ-style pushing people out of the game shit. We have historically been adamant in our political stances. Our approach has not changed much since 2015. In the interim you've been both allied and opposed to us.

If you take our (frankly, justified) IC irritation over being lied to our face and then blamed for it as "tOxIc", then im not sure what to tell you Ronny.

Too bad, I guess?

os9LcJK.gif

2 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

No. The swamp approach to Ronny (and his implicit agreement to fight if rose was in) preceeded anything t$ or TKR did. That's the part of the whole issue here.

We've gone over this before. Tyrion and Kaz flat out denying that they had any plans to initiate a first strike against Quack, Ronny admitting he never actually spoke to anyone in Quack himself, his HM leader source saying ambiguous things that could easily be interpreted as simply meaning that Swamp wanted to create a defensive Coalition should Quack attack, something which was fully admitted to by Swamp. To me, this strongly suggests Ronnie misinterpreted his HM leader source's words.

As usual, I'd love to be able to ask his HM leader source as to what he meant, but to do that, we'd need to be able to know who they are, so all I can say is that based on the evidence I've been able to gather, it seems pretty clear that the most likely scenario is Ronnie misinterpreted what his HM leader source meant.

3 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

I'll respond to this one seperately.

t$ is against anything OOC and any IQ-style pushing people out of the game shit. We have historically been adamant in our political stances. Our approach has not changed much since 2015. In the interim you've been both allied and opposed to us.

If you take our (frankly, justified) IC irritation over being lied to our face and then blamed for it as "tOxIc", then im not sure what to tell you Ronny.

Too bad, I guess?

What alleged lies are you referring to?

2 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

We've gone over this before. Tyrion and Kaz flat out denying that they had any plans to initiate a first strike against Quack, Ronny admitting he never actually spoke to anyone in Quack himself, his HM leader source saying ambiguous things that could easily be interpreted as simply meaning that Swamp wanted to create a defensive Coalition should Quack attack, something which was fully admitted to by Swamp. To me, this strongly suggests Ronnie misinterpreted his HM leader source's words.

As usual, I'd love to be able to ask his HM leader source as to what he meant, but to do that, we'd need to be able to know who they are, so all I can say is that based on the evidence I've been able to gather, it seems pretty clear that the most likely scenario is Ronnie misinterpreted what his HM leader source meant.

Phoenyx. I'm referencing different things lmao. Much like how you just completely misinterpreted what that log I quoted is about.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Haha 1

os9LcJK.gif

6 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Your own paranoia over getting attacked did what none of our three blocs could do on our own which was come together, because Quack forced all of us to do it when you militarized.

The fact that you think this is a bipolar conflict basically is an admittance that you are a huge powerhouse, seeing as it was 3 blocks vs 1.

Right. Because the secret treaties weren't in place before the war started?

Quack acted on intel which showed a clear and present threat. When war looks imminent of course you're going to engage in a way more favourable to you. That's not paranoia, that's prudent planning.

You guys ensured it was always going to be a bipolar conflict well ahead of time. That was apparent when uninvolved spheres immediately countered for no apparent reason.

That's all on you.

• Upvote 1

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

2 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Phoenyx. I'm referencing different things lmao. Much like how you just completely misinterpreted what that log I quoted is about.

Perhaps I did. You're welcome to try to explain things to me again.

5 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

unknown.png

You do realise you hit a Swamp ally and that your plans leaked before you ever hit?

59 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

Hi Keeg! Long time no speak!

I have some questions if you don't mind. 

Which part am I supposed to take responsibility for? You knowing Rose had their hands all over Swamp when you tied them back in May? You conveniently avoiding and ignoring that fact despite admitting you knew about it? Maybe you calling us a hegemony even though you've been very aware of and even part of these backroom ties since at least then?

You can sit here and spew all the shit you want about "QUACK MAN TOO BIG" and "QUACK MAN HEGEMON" and try to spin it as it being our fault all you want, my dear. 

Don't pretend you haven't been giving eachother sensual backrubs for months my friend. We can go round and round all day long, but I think I'll let you speak for yourself.

unknown.png

What's that saying about bricks in glass houses?

Hi Adam (stop immitating Theo by changing your name).

My plans for Swamp were actually leaked by E404, where I detail that I wanted relations with alliances I deemed were not controlled by abbas. This was a neccessity as tCW became an increasing threat and we saw it as a possible opporunity to potentially sign them if Swamp ever split. We discontinued the tie when tCW was dealt with.

I haven't said much about your size for some time. The loudest I was is when you had a tie to TI still.

As for everything else, you came after me. Not the other way around lol. Again, I didn't need to do anything really to rally people to come against you. That one seems to be on you.

I don't really see how this shows anything?

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

2 minutes ago, Sval said:

Right. Because the secret treaties weren't in place before the war started?

Quack acted on intel which showed a clear and present threat. 

Which -seemed- to show a clear and present threat. As mentioned elsewhere, fine, you felt threatened, you acted on it, we had this global war, it's done. But now that the dust is settling, perhaps it's time to take a look at that intel again, see if it may not have been as reliable as you thought it was.

40 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

After you? we literally tried to form a bloc with you after NPOLT, you said no and decided to make a super bloc with tS instead, because you thought it would be safer for TKR.  (one if we did form, it would have made all the blocs much more equal, and swamp would have been the big dog on campus and not you guys)

Not exactly. We were already allied to t$ and were exploring our options and when we said to Soup we didn't want to split with t$ immediately, you formed a bloc with them and told us no. And we didn't form a superbloc. If we had wanted that, we would have made none of the efforts to downsize and work with minispheres that we did.

Yes, false claims that we intended to dogpile Hedge. We've explained over and again in private and in public what our intentions were and what we were aiming for in this war and it wasn't ever Hedge vs Quack solo. Yet you continue to peddle it. And we didn't force you to do anything. Again, we've had it confirmed by people on your side that there were agreements/treaties in place long before any militarization happened.

Bipolar =/= two equal coalitions/spheres, just two period. I say bipolar as nearly all of Orbis is involved on one of the two sides. Don't go getting excited.

Side note to your Side note: We were ready to peace out the war after about 2-3 weeks, we told you guys whenever you wanted to end the war come find us, and you guys wanted to keep fighting (I dont blame you for that FYI, I would also probably would if I were you), then we offered you the same 3 month nap we offered to TCW, and you wanted 6 months, and then dragged the war out another 2 weeks to end up with a 4 month nap.  So you could have had basically the same deal as TCW, but Quack dragged it out, so I hate to break it to you, but 95% of the pain you are feeling is self inflicted.

None of that has anything to do with my point that it's funny you find 4 months for a 6 week war long but apparently not 3 months for a 10 day conflict.... nor do I understand what "pain" it is you claim I'm feeling.

Edited by Adrienne
grammar
  • Upvote 5

BrOQBND.jpg