A Snake's Tale: Surrender, Booze, and Peace

Benfro

On 12/17/2020 at 12:47 AM, Adrienne said:

What I was actually saying, @Akuryo, is that your claims that we "admitted" we were intending to keep out both Rose and Swamp are half-truths to try to make it appear like our goal was to dogpile Hedge, when you're abundantly aware of the falsehood of that claim as we've talked to several on your side about what actually happened and our aims AND we've talked about it here. To you actually. After which you completely ignored it until, as Partisan mentioned, you saw fit to continue your diatribe elsewhere, after some time had passed.

I'd have more respect for quack if they had attempted to sideline rose and swamp to be honest. That would be a shrewd, and logical for that matter, piece of FA work if you had attempted and achieved it. Certainly worthy of respect. Instead all we got was 6 weeks of victim narratives about dogpiles and moral grandstanding.

• Upvote 1

Untitled.png

4 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

I'd have more respect for quack if they had attempted to sideline rose and swamp to be honest. That would be a shrewd, and logical for that matter, piece of FA work if you had attempted and achieved it. Certainly worthy of respect. Instead all we got was 6 weeks of victim narratives about dogpiles and moral grandstanding.

Yes. The logical play would've been to slam you while you hit TCW a bit back. I considered it, then promptly discarded it as that'd have cemented us as the hegemony your leadership screeched about. Good of the game and all that.

That's the last time I subscribe to anything ideological I don't believe in for the sake of others. ;)

• Upvote 5

os9LcJK.gif

10 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Yes. The logical play would've been to slam you while you hit TCW a bit back. I considered it, then promptly discarded it as that'd have cemented us as the hegemony your leadership screeched about. Good of the game and all that.

That's the last time I subscribe to anything ideological I don't believe in for the sake of others. ;)

Yes, I was quite surprised by the path that you took tbh. Becoming a tad sentimental in old age are we? 🤔

Careful though, considering options is somehow akin to planning out a war these days I am told.

Edited by Charles Bolivar

Untitled.png

11 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

@ keegoz, aku and ronny- It's pretty crappy to structurally ignore, sidestep and leave out established facts corrobated by yourself and your allies/coalition partners while going pedal to the metal on a narrative that boils down to "ITS NOT TRUE YOU'RE PARANOID" when you've literally just done the thing we're supposedly paranoid about, and when you've stated already in diplomatic channels that the chance exists for it to occur again.

It's similarly shitty to pretend you did not spin up a shitty hEgEmOnY narrative back in february (and kept it up for months in backchannels, spilling over into public occasionally), deliberately misrepresented quack's size in the graphs you publicized to anyone who wanted to listen (Pantheon a quack ally? Really?) and maintained under-the-table agreements against us, while simultaneously announcing that your support this war was solely down to quack's behavior.

Seriously. You're right. If that's the road you're going to take, we'll be here again in 4 months. I hope we aren't, but it looks to me like you're already beating the drums for it in case Quack has the gal not to split at your demand.

I wish you the best of luck with it. I'm available for actual diplomacy in backchannels, as several on your side have experienced. Right now HM is the only party relations are still deteriorating with. And that's frankly down to you.

If you choose to keep putting your back up to anything we say than there will be no going forward. We will be doomed to repeat ourselves over and over again. That is not a threat, or a promise, its just seems to be the cycle around here. A cycle I hope we can break. 

We have already told you about the Hedge-Swamp Defensive deal and why we felt it was right at the time. You can't keep disregarding our position simply because you don't like it. Its not a lie that Quack actions help lead us on a path, its not a lie that we were uncomfortable with your size and ability. Those are all facts and its the combination of those facts that put us where we are today.

You are wrong that its up to Hedge to repair our relationship. Its both of us that have to sit down and settle things. 

• Upvote 3

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

7 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

If you choose to keep putting your back up to anything we say than there will be no going forward. We will be doomed to repeat ourselves over and over again. That is not a threat, or a promise, its just seems to be the cycle around here. A cycle I hope we can break. 

We have already told you about the Hedge-Swamp Defensive deal and why we felt it was right at the time. You can't keep disregarding our position simply because you don't like it. Its not a lie that Quack actions help lead us on a path, its not a lie that we were uncomfortable with your size and ability. Those are all facts and its the combination of those facts that put us where we are today.

You are wrong that its up to Hedge to repair our relationship. Its both of us that have to sit down and settle things. 

That goes both ways. You claim we're disregarding your position but I don't think anyone actually has. You're within your rights to feel threatened. We do disagree with your assessment but it's your decision; we're not going to tell you how to feel. What is bullshit though is pretending you're still playing minispheres while you have a secret "defensive" pact with Swamp and they've got one with Rose. That's not minispheres. That's a single hidden massive sphere. One you got to hide while yelling and screaming at us about our "size" and "behavior" and how this war is all our fault and we forced you into it only with our militarization just days before the war started.

Edited by Adrienne
  • Upvote 5

BrOQBND.jpg

16 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Buddy, I know you are only 850 days old, but yeah Partisan has a long history of being an evil schemer.   Hell back in the first year of PnW he was almost kicked out of his position as leader of tS for getting caught scheming and probably would have been if Impero wasn't such a cocky dick. 

Can confirm, however, I will add partisan also offered his own resignation to these of us in the tS old guard and the alliance in general if I remember correctly. Impero's timing with his subtle demands that partisan step down changed the narrative entirely though 🤣

Alas, the good ol days..

Untitled.png

6 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

It's pretty much impossible not to put our back up to you when you have prominent gov/ex-gov (idk what keegoz/aku are at this point) directly lying on the forums. That's pretty much where that train ends.

• Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

16 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Yes, I was quite surprised by the path that you took tbh. Becoming a tad sentimental in old age are we? 🤔

Careful though, considering options is somehow akin to planning out a war these days I am told.

Don't we all change with time? ;)

3 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Can confirm, however, I will add partisan also offered his own resignation to these of us in the tS old guard and the alliance in general if I remember correctly. Impero's timing with his subtle demands that partisan step down changed the narrative entirely though 🤣

Alas, the good ol days..

Yes, I put my vote up for the member base to decide at the time. I don't believe one can lead without a mandate from those he leads.

While i'm all for nostalgia, I doubt it's very relevant to this war though. As I said earlier, my last "scheme" was knightfall. I've been idle since, and had we not caught wind, i'd be idle still.

os9LcJK.gif

6 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Don't we all change with time? ;)

Yes, I put my vote up for the member base to decide at the time. I don't believe one can lead without a mandate from those he leads.

While i'm all for nostalgia, I doubt it's very relevant to this war though. As I said earlier, my last "scheme" was knightfall. I've been idle since, and had we not caught wind, i'd be idle still.

Some of us change, some of us don't and just become what we were always meant to be 👍

No scheming since knightfall? You are getting sentimental in your old age indeed.  Perhaps you have stumbled upon the real issue at hand?

Edited by Charles Bolivar

Untitled.png

Just now, Charles Bolivar said:

Some of us change, some of us don't and just become what we were always meant to be.

No scheming since knightfall? You are getting sentimental in your old age indeed.  Perhaps you have found the real issue behind your problems?

Is that a request for me to become more malicious?

os9LcJK.gif

32 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

You can't keep disregarding our position simply because you don't like it

Hi pot. My name's kettle.
Guess what colour I am?

• Haha 1

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

1 hour ago, Prefonteen said:

It's pretty much impossible not to put our back up to you when you have prominent gov/ex-gov (idk what keegoz/aku are at this point) directly lying on the forums. That's pretty much where that train ends.

I think it's things like this where the discussion gets derailed. It's so easy to call someone we disagree with a liar. What's much harder is to try to find evidence to back up our positions. I've already pointed out many times how it can be done. Boyce can be questioned more as to what got him to believe that TCW/HM/Swamp was going to attack in December/January, Ronnie could reveal his HM leader source in regards to Swamp and I imagine there are other things that could be done to help illuminate the truth as well.

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

Yea tbh that's what I would've done. We'd lose the moral high ground by hitting cam and rose without a cb but I'd rather win the actual war then the war on words lmao

12 minutes ago, Avatar Patrick said:

Yea tbh that's what I would've done. We'd lose the moral high ground by hitting cam and rose without a cb but I'd rather win the actual war then the war on words lmao

Honestly, @Pascal, make this man your FA. He is truly a hidden gem. A speshal member in more than one way. 

1 hour ago, Orcinus Orca said:

Honestly, @Pascal, make this man your FA. He is truly a hidden gem. A speshal member in more than one way. 

sure what i said might've been inflammatory but how is it untrue? FA is overstated in this game and military might is understated. We can be the most honorable sphere in the game and what does that get us? We still get dog piled. Since we're not dealing with honest actors we have nothing to lose by acting like the hegemony everyone thinks we are anyway. Before you start screaming "IQ... IQ", no I don't support cheating or perma rolling those who already admit defeat but if we're gonna be framed as the villains this war regardless, I wish we at least had a win to show for it.