A Snake's Tale: Surrender, Booze, and Peace

Benfro

3 hours ago, Adrienne said:

Yeah, lay off the juice, friend. It's not at all accurate and the "admissions" you're leaning on are half-truths.

So you're now willfully admitting that leadership of the major alliances in quack sphere spread misinformation and lies while claiming some sort of moral superiority and holding to the truth? 

I mean I'm glad one of you said it works way better with the honesty, though syndicates most faithful and loyal soldier @Sketchywill surely be disheartened.

Edited by Akuryo
  • Haha 1

Oh my god, please don't insult me like that.  I am well past "arguing" with him, I am just mocking him at this point to try to score cheap karma.

As a rule, I never put anyone on ignore for any reason, but I am about to make a very special exception to that rule.

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

So you're now willfully admitting that leadership of the major alliances in quack sphere spread misinformation and lies while claiming some sort of moral superiority and holding to the truth? 

I mean I'm glad one of you said it works way better with the honesty, though syndicates most faithful and loyal soldier @Sketchywill surely be disheartened.

What drugs are you on, and are you willing to share?

• Haha 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

5 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

Jfc are we gonna do this thing again where you post a load of crap, I have to spend a few minutes proving you to be full of crap, and you scutter off to pop up for the same cycle elsewhere in a few days? 

I know that Akuryo has a taste for insulting others, so I can understand your wish to return fire. That being said, insulting her won't change the fact that your CB for starting this global war was weak from the start. Anyway, as I mentioned in this thread, Yang, while speaking on Thalmor Radio's special episode on the war last night stated that he thinks Ronnie's mysterious HM leader source was Dryad, from Mythic321. In theory, we could stop arguing with each other for a bit and actually do some real research into the truth. I've dmed Dryad, we'll see if he responds.

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Akuryo said:

That's not at all what I said but it is fascinating to see how your mind works. Explains so much. 

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

What I was actually saying, @Akuryo, is that your claims that we "admitted" we were intending to keep out both Rose and Swamp are half-truths to try to make it appear like our goal was to dogpile Hedge, when you're abundantly aware of the falsehood of that claim as we've talked to several on your side about what actually happened and our aims AND we've talked about it here. To you actually. After which you completely ignored it until, as Partisan mentioned, you saw fit to continue your diatribe elsewhere, after some time had passed.

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

21 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I know that Akuryo has a taste for insulting others, so I can understand your wish to return fire. That being said, insulting her won't change the fact that your CB for starting this global war was weak from the start. Anyway, as I mentioned in this thread, Yang, while speaking on Thalmor Radio's special episode on the war last night stated that he thinks Ronnie's mysterious HM leader source was Dryad, from Mythic321. In theory, we could stop arguing with each other for a bit and actually do some real research into the truth. I've dmed Dryad, we'll see if he responds.

Why do you insist on interjecting. Aku has history with us. He's a big boy. He will speak for himself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

9 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Why do you insist on interjecting. Aku has history with us. He's a big boy. He will speak for himself. 

Because her cause is my cause here. We feel we were wrongfully maligned in this war, and just because there is now peace doesn't mean we're letting that go. We want the truth to come out.

• Downvote 2

As much as Quack tries to insist it, they are not the victims in the war we just fought.  They convinced themselves that they are the victims, and continue to believe they are, which is why the nap is as long as it is.  Everyone who is not in Quack however knows they are not.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

What I was actually saying, @Akuryo, is that your claims that we "admitted" we were intending to keep out both Rose and Swamp are half-truths to try to make it appear like our goal was to dogpile Hedge, when you're abundantly aware of the falsehood of that claim as we've talked to several on your side about what actually happened and our aims AND we've talked about it here. To you actually. After which you completely ignored it until, as Partisan mentioned, you saw fit to continue your diatribe elsewhere, after some time had passed.

Finally, you make your case via Partisan. So I read the link. Quoting from it:

On 11/1/2020 at 2:15 AM, Prefonteen said:

Hedge was hit because boyce's confirmation straight up outlined Hedge as being "definitely in"

You guys rely so heavily on Boyce's words. If he's mistaken, your entire CB literally comes crashing down. Meanwhile, on our side, you have the leaders of all the major blocks all telling you the same thing- they weren't going to attack you guys. Anyway, believe what you like, but those are the facts. 

15 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

As much as Quack tries to insist it, they are not the victims in the war we just fought.  They convinced themselves that they are the victims, and continue to believe they are, which is why the nap is as long as it is.  Everyone who is not in Quack however knows they are not.

I don't think that's true- I think a good amount of people, those who actually care, are in doubt, on both sides. That being said, now that the war is finally over, perhaps people will take a closer look at the evidence. I think anyone without blinders on will come to realize that Quack listened to a few rumours from Boyce and perhaps a few other anonymous sources and ran with them. 

29 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

You mean the same leaders whose words you saw fit to ignore or cast doubt on when they told you that you had zero bearing on peace?

Peace initiatives aren't just something that happens during official peace talks. So while I can believe that anything I said didn't come up in the peace talks, it may have helped hastened bringing those peace talks about.

When it comes to people who were actually in the know as to whether the TCW/HM/Swamp were actually going to attack Quack first, I'm on much firmer ground. On the anti Quack side, you have pretty much every Alliance leader who has commented on it saying that no, that wasn't the plan, that the plan was simply to create a defensive Coalition lest Quack attack them first.

On your side, you have Boyce saying some things. He provides no evidence, besides some ambiguous logs from Sphinx and Sphinx himself has now said that he had no intention of attacking Quack first either. So there you have it.

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

On your side, you have Boyce saying some things. He provides no evidence, besides some ambiguous logs from Sphinx and Sphinx himself has now said that he had no intention of attacking Quack first either. So there you have it.

Sphinx is one of the least reliable people to talk to about this, for obvious reasons.
1. If your logs were starting a global again would you attempt to talk out of it? Absolutely
2. Are you really going to trust someone who is a proven liar? (Sorry Sphinx)

Secondly, why do you always assume that your coalition was always right, just like the real-world things aren't always as they seem to the micro-eye like yours. It would make perfect sense that they would attempt to skew things in their direction, who would blame them?

Finally, why do you trust Tyrion, and only Tyrion? That's probably part of your problem, I personally enjoy chatting with Tyrion too, but that doesn't mean he should be your only source. His word is probably just as reliable as Boyce's.

Peace in our time

Your idol flat out told you that it had 0 impact in any way, shape or form. Because of course it wouldn't. A single member is hardly going to sway anything on his own AA, let alone sphere and certainly not other spheres.

But I suppose that ignoring what he says because it's inconvenient with the head canon you've set up for yourself is consistent with the behavior you've displayed throughout the war.

• Upvote 1

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

43 minutes ago, Lord Vader said:

Sphinx is one of the least reliable people to talk to about this, for obvious reasons.
1. If your logs were starting a global again would you attempt to talk out of it? Absolutely
2. Are you really going to trust someone who is a proven liar? (Sorry Sphinx)

Secondly, why do you always assume that your coalition was always right, just like the real-world things aren't always as they seem to the micro-eye like yours. It would make perfect sense that they would attempt to skew things in their direction, who would blame them?

Finally, why do you trust Tyrion, and only Tyrion? That's probably part of your problem, I personally enjoy chatting with Tyrion too, but that doesn't mean he should be your only source. His word is probably just as reliable as Boyce's.

I think you're too cynical and far too trusting of Boyce. Also, it's not just Tyrion. Kaz from TFP said the same. And while Ronnie kind of threw Swamp under the bus, however inadvertently, it became clear that he'd never actually spoken to Swamp himself. When it came to his own sphere, however, he was just as clear that HM had no intention of attacking Quack. So you have denials from all the major leaders on the one side and Boyce on the other. "One of these sides is not like the other, one of these sides just doesn't belong...". 

44 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

Your idol flat out told you that it had 0 impact in any way, shape or form. Because of course it wouldn't. A single member is hardly going to sway anything on his own AA, let alone sphere and certainly not other spheres.

But I suppose that ignoring what he says because it's inconvenient with the head canon you've set up for yourself is consistent with the behavior you've displayed throughout the war.

Alright Shiho, I surrender to your infinite wisdom and good looks, ok :-)? Now can we focus on the start of this war?

22 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

No, the real victim is you guys, with your false claims of us trying to dogpile you and your multitude of secret treaties that made you into a sphere more than double our size while getting to claim we're the threat all along because you appear smaller on paper. I like you, Ronny, but this statement is a load of crock and you know it. You guys have been on us since before NPOLT even ended and you can claim you had no plans but let's not pretend this wasn't coming regardless. Your sphere in particular has made it pretty damn clear how you feel about us for months now.

It's not hard to imagine why we took Boyce seriously when he told us there was a coalition being built and that your sphere was involved given your sphere's rhetoric against us. It's not hard to imagine why we acted upon it when we did to give ourselves the best chance we had. It's not hard to imagine why we attempted the hail marys we did to try and keep one sphere out so we had a fighting chance.

"Everyone who is not in Quack however knows they are not." Considering that you guys turned this into essentially a bipolar conflict and so there's really only two trains of thought, this isn't a surprising statement to hear. Of course you all don't think so. Because then you might have to take some responsibility for your actions and whatever consequences they may have rather than getting to blame it all on us. You're always claiming we don't take responsibility but that's undoubtedly a case of pot calling kettle from where I stand.

Sidenote: claiming a 4 month NAP for a 6 week war is long when you gave a 3 month NAP to a 10 day conflict is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I am yet to see t$ claim any responsibility for what happened here. The mere fact that your first thing to do was to jump to <insert Quack talking points> pretty much proves that. The shocking part here is that our effort to get people to rally against you was not hard. We didn't need any 'secret treaties' to do it. If you don't believe that's a sign that perhaps you are doing something wrong, than keep your current course. 

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

35 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

It's not hard to imagine why we took Boyce seriously when he told us there was a coalition being built and that your sphere was involved given your sphere's rhetoric against us. It's not hard to imagine why we acted upon it when we did to give ourselves the best chance we had. It's not hard to imagine why we attempted the hail marys we did to try and keep one sphere out so we had a fighting chance.

Fair enough. But the war is over now. You -might- try questioning Boyce a little harder at this point. Like, where did he get this idea that TCW/HM/Swamp was going to attack in December/January? Did he have any other source aside from Sphinx' ambiguous statements? Things like that, you know?

17 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

I am yet to see t$ claim any responsibility for what happened here. The mere fact that your first thing to do was to jump to <insert Quack talking points> pretty much proves that. The shocking part here is that our effort to get people to rally against you was not hard. We didn't need any 'secret treaties' to do it. If you don't believe that's a sign that perhaps you are doing something wrong, than keep your current course. 

> repeats claim that Quack doesn't accept responsibility while ignoring all points

> tries to invalidate post by claiming I'm just rehashing Quack talking points

> rehashes NPC talking points

Nice chat, Keegoz.

Edited by Adrienne
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

BrOQBND.jpg

26 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

> repeats claim that Quack doesn't accept responsibility while ignoring all points

> tries to invalidate post by claiming I'm just rehashing Quack talking points

> rehashes NPC talking points

Nice chat, Keegoz.

I stopped taking your points seriously when you said you took Boyce seriously. Probably the most pathetic thing to come from your side.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.