Ideas on how to end the Global War

Phoenyx

3 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

Let us unify green

Partisani Doctrine requires a Green Enforcement Agency.

Make it happen, please.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

13 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

How are you so sure?

As someone who was heavily (albeit not directly) involved in peace, I can confirm that you, your opinions and threads did absolutely jack shit to the peace process.

Peace in our time

2 hours ago, Lord Vader said:

As someone who was heavily (albeit not directly) involved in peace, I can confirm that you, your opinions and threads did absolutely [insult removed] to the peace process.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to rely on your word for this one.

5 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

As someone that was directly involved in the peace process, your posting had nothing to do with facilitating peace.  In fact you may have caused it drag out longer because we wasted time talking about having you post the announcement.

Also, no one is going to do a postmortem analysis on why the war started, at least no one with actual knowledge of why it actually started.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

As someone that was directly involved in the peace process, your posting had nothing to do with facilitating peace.

Sorry, but I'm not taking your word for it either.

48 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Also, no one is going to do a postmortem analysis on why the war started, at least no one with actual knowledge of why it actually started.

I think I have some pretty good theories as to why it started. Also, it stands to reason that you yourself wouldn't be interested in a post mortem analysis, as you may suspect or even know that your quick conclusion that Swamp wanted to attack Quack first was in fact a misinterpretation on your part, and possibly a misinterpretation on the part of your source. I will grant that there are other possibilities, but that one seems the most likely to me at this point. 

2 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Sorry, but I'm not taking your word for it either.

Okay, now that's just made me literally laugh out loud. And scared my cats. I'm blaming you for that, by the way.

But, seriously... you finally get a bipartisan statement about the war and peace process directly said to you, and you "won't take their word for it?"

You've finally done it. You've finally achieved full inconsistency. You trust Tyrion at his word alone, but when leaders in both coalitions tell you the same exact thing and fully agree with each other on the point, you refuse to believe it? Your ego is that frail? You think THAT much of yourself?!?!

Congratulations, you've managed the single most garbage take of this whole war. You've won. So stop trying for anything more, because there's nothing further to accomplish.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

9 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Will you take my word for it?  Sorry, but it literally had zero impact on the peace talks themselves.  Not trying to be mean, just want to level your expectations for the future.  At the end of the day, in terms of peace itself, who was right or wrong or any fault, etc doesn't ultimately matter - a war is what it is and people will proceed as needed for peace regardless of any facts or unknowns still out there.  There was pretty much no debate in peace talks about why the war happened or CBs or anything else, because at that point it didn't really matter for what was needed to happen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

As a lead negotiator on my side, I can with certainty say that you in no way sped up my decision making process. At best, you caused me to consider refusing peace out of spite.

Please don't punish the large majority on both sides. I feel like i ate a few missiles towards end of the war here because you all know he once walked these halls...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lord Tyrion said:

Will you take my word for it?  Sorry, but it literally had zero impact on the peace talks themselves.  Not trying to be mean, just want to level your expectations for the future.  At the end of the day, in terms of peace itself, who was right or wrong or any fault, etc doesn't ultimately matter - a war is what it is and people will proceed as needed for peace regardless of any facts or unknowns still out there.  There was pretty much no debate in peace talks about why the war happened or CBs or anything else, because at that point it didn't really matter for what was needed to happen.

Well, you know that your word does carry a lot of weight with me. But here is my theory- while I fully believe you that why the war happened or CBs were not brought up at the peace talks, could it not have been a factor that, while unmentioned, still had an effect, if not in the peace talks, at least in bringing them about? Perhaps more importantly, I think that it's good that leaders establish their credibility. We may both remember things being said here where they questioned your word based solely on the fact that Ronny had been told that Swamp had reached out to HM trying to get support to attack Quack. You yourself said that some in Swamp may well have wanted to attack Quack, but you flat out denied it ever being your plan. People doubted you based on what amounts to rumours and that made me upset, because in all my dealings with you, your word and your actions have concorded with each other. I felt you had gotten a bad wrap and to this day, I'm still not sure why Ronnie didn't reach out to you and try to sort out the truth behind this rumour.

2 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

As a lead negotiator on my side, I can with certainty say that you in no way sped up my decision making process. At best, you caused me to consider refusing peace out of spite.

Alright, fine. That being as it may be, there are issues here regarding credibility of various people, yourself included. You have always seemed uninterested in putting much effort in verifying whether or not Boyce's claims were in fact valid. Why is that?

Edited by Phoenyx

53 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Well, you know that your word does carry a lot of weight with me. But here is my theory- while I fully believe you that why the war happened or CBs were not brought up at the peace talks, could it not have been a factor that, while unmentioned, still had an effect, if not in the peace talks, at least in bringing them about? Perhaps more importantly, I think that it's good that leaders establish their credibility. We may both remember things being said here where they questioned your word based solely on the fact that Ronny had been told that Swamp had reached out to HM trying to get support to attack Quack. You yourself said that some in Swamp may well have wanted to attack Quack, but you flat out denied it ever being your plan. People doubted you based on what amounts to rumours and that made me upset, because in all my dealings with you, your word and your actions have concorded with each other. I felt you had gotten a bad wrap and to this day, I'm still not sure why Ronnie didn't reach out to you and try to sort out the truth behind this rumour.

Alright, fine. That being as it may be, there are issues here regarding credibility of various people, yourself included. You have always seemed uninterested in putting much effort in verifying whether or not Boyce's claims were in fact valid. Why is that?

The only one who has lost credibility here is you. You came into the war with 0 credibility and ended the war with negative credibility. Quite impressive. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

I am uninterested in entertaining you. There's a difference. What I do or do not research, conclude or decide on behalf of t$ is going to remain an enigma to you, because frankly you are neither a relevant political player nor a trustworthy or credible actor.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

3 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

What I do or do not research, conclude or decide on behalf of t$ is going to remain an enigma to you, because frankly you are neither a relevant political player nor a trustworthy or credible actor.

We may just have to agree to disagree on that.

16 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

We may just have to agree to disagree on that.

No, literally every single thing he said there was purely factual. You're entitled to your own opinion, insane though it may be, but you are most assuredly not entitled to your own facts.

1 hour ago, Lord Vader said:

How are you a relevant political player? You carry no weight....

Enough weight to get platoons of you guys downvoting my threads. Not the type of feedback I'm looking for, but there's no denying that I've left a mark here. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Enough weight to get platoons of you guys downvoting my threads. Not the type of feedback I'm looking for, but there's no denying that I've left a mark here. 

Just FYI, the way you are "leaving a mark" is as the village idiot.  If you're proud of that, I can't stop you, I guess.

• Haha 2

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

9 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

You bring us entertainment, you are irrelevant. Can't believe you actually think you helped speed up the peace process