Ideas on how to end the Global War

Phoenyx

Less than 10 hours ago, Tyrion did a short interview over at RON:

https://discord.com/channels/446601982564892672/600093000730673153/787061965696270377

The relevant portion of the interview in relation to ending this global war:

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 1.16.57 AM.png

So now to see if the majority of the leaders involved in these peace discussions will agree with Tyrion that this item could be shared with the public at large...

Edited by Phoenyx

People will likely be more open about plotting to hit Quack months to years after this war has concluded.  The dog-piling side is not going to admit to it any time soon and certainly not prior to peace.  At any rate, the concern is pretty much irrelevant to the peace talks.  It's nice we have the moral justification, but it is of little help when it comes to how long this war is dragged out for.  I'm content to keep lobbing my nukes until then.

• Upvote 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

1 hour ago, HeroofTime55 said:

People will likely be more open about plotting to hit Quack months to years after this war has concluded.  The dog-piling side is not going to admit to it any time soon and certainly not prior to peace.  At any rate, the concern is pretty much irrelevant to the peace talks.  It's nice we have the moral justification, but it is of little help when it comes to how long this war is dragged out for.  I'm content to keep lobbing my nukes until then.

Assuming that there actually was a plot to hit Quack, you may be right. However, I don't think it hurts to start pushing to have leads that would answer the question one way or the other now. As to whether or not it's relevant to peace talks, I wouldn't know. However, Tyrion who -is- in those peace talks is saying there is a certain item that is holding things up, as I mentioned a few posts ago, complete with Tyrion screenshot. He also says he can't reveal what it is without the other leaders giving the ok to release it as well. My nominal leader is Tyrion. Here's to hoping at least a few others do their part to get whatever it is that's holding things up out into the open where anyone in the forums can discuss it.

Edited by Phoenyx

1 hour ago, Lord Tyrion said:

Dude..... come on.  Don't take what I said and try to make it the next thing you hound publicly to try to get people to talk about.  Peace talks will remain mostly confidential, don't start beating drums to other leaders to put it all out there in public, it won't happen.  Even though I said I'd be fine with it, I'd advise against it and most other leaders would too.  In fact that would probably derail peace talks more than anything else, and you're one that's been trying to facilitate getting peace done.  Just drop it, please.  When peace is done and the terms are made public, I'm sure there'll be plenty that could then be discussed by all.

giphy.gif

Hey Tyrion, nice to talk to you again, been a while :-p. Anyway, you are the one who said that you'd be fine with it- I didn't know that it came with the caveat that you'd advise against it. You are right that I would like to get peace going. The main issue is that while I generally agree with you on a lot of things, we may not always agree on how best to go about achieving it. Now, you have of course played this game longer than I have, but experience in this particular game is not the only metric to go by.

Someone has told me that this item may have actually already been leaked, but by the time I got to responding to them, they'd logged off. Perhaps I will more from them today, we'll see. If they do tell me more, I'll make a judgement call on how to proceed.

As to why I am why I am, that's a very good question. However, I'm not sure this forum would be the best place to get into that. If you like, I could tell you more about my life story in DMs, without you needing to share anything in return.

On a side note, I actually had a pretty interesting conversation with Adrienne, Cooper and a few others in the Thalmorite Hangout VM in the wee hours of the morning. Was pretty interesting- if there's ever an encore, would be nice if you could be there :-).

Updated: I've now spoken to my source, who says the leaked material has been deleted. However, he gave me the gist of it. If that's the item at hand, it's plain banal. Not worth talking about here. 

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Downvote 2

Updated: I've now spoken to my source, who says the leaked material has been deleted. However, he gave me the gist of it. If that's the item at hand, it's plain banal. Not worth talking about here. 

Ah yes, the classic "I know what it is but I'm not going to tell you". Which is totally inline with your carefully crafted public persona. 

17 minutes ago, Golden Pope said:

Ah yes, the classic "I know what it is but I'm not going to tell you". Which is totally inline with your carefully crafted public persona. 

I never said I knew what it was. I might still not. Someone I trust saw something posted on the RON server. I saw something too, but apparently by the time I looked, the actual admission had been deleted. I still got an idea as to what it was based on what may have been responses to the original post and my source confirmed my suspicion, but it's too banal to mention. 

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Daveth said:

I say we revisit the idea of peacing out once Phoenyx stops posting irrelevant threads one after the other. 😋

bring that up at peace talks. Get Phoenyx to pay reps  😁

• Haha 1

image.png?ex=65f5ac05&is=65e33705&hm=2cdc4b7e28777e34caf37f251fded716f2beb4178c3e91687d866b47cd329bac&=

13 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Imagine being the literal last person anyone would tell because you wouldn't keep your mouth shut.

For the record, I proposed this morning that we let Pheonyx post the peace announcement, but the fun police in Quack said no.

(enjoy your rare look behind the mirror)

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

For the record, I proposed this morning that we let Pheonyx post the peace announcement, but the fun police in Quack said no.

Do you really want to give him that ego boost? You've already regretted talking to him once, don't make it worse.😂

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

6 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

This would have been funny and also a tremendous mistake.

• Haha 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

Nope I did propose it, because I know people forget this, but this is a game, and it should be fun.

Granted this may be a case of people laughing at you rather than with you, so it could be considered mean spirited, but i just thought it would be fun since half the game already has you blocked or just outright ignores you.    We can have peace and only like 2% of the game would actually know.

Side note i like that Hero is in here taking shots at you, because Hero used to be you only worse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Ah if only.   Would have been a bow on top of the tree.

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...