Baseball Suggestion

Adrienne

Following up on my response on this thread here, I wanted to expand on that proposal presented there. Pinging @Zephyr, @Hime-sama, and @Jangles because of their participation in that discussion/interest in this suggestion.

Currently, there's a max of 250 games that can be played/day before income drops off to 10% and that doesn't discriminate between home and away games. If someone has a completely maxed out team and stadium and is playing against someone with a maxed out team and stadium, they can make approximately $22,000/game on average. If someone has an active partner to play with, they can play around four games a minute on average. So, roughly $5,500,000/day can be earned playing baseball and it would take roughly an hour, give or take, to do so, assuming there were no breaks/distractions. All math and figures can be seen in this spreadsheet here, in case anyone would like to review my numbers.

The majority of the initial discussion was about how to make baseball more accessible so my thought that the best way to do so without removing the usefulness of it for many players who do use it regularly already would be to increase the amount earned per game while proportionally decreasing the number of games that can be played per day before the income drops to 10%. This would also have the benefit of lessening the impact of any potential autoclickers/evening the playing field with those that don't use them. In the table below, I show what some of this scaling might look like and about how long it would take to max out games using the same assumptions as above.

Max # of Games Max/Game Minutes to Max
250 $22,000 63
200 $27,500 50
150 $36,667 38
100 $55,000 25
50 $110,000 13

Looking at this information, I'd probably suggest using either 150 or 100 games as the max and scaling the income to match. In my own opinion, I think 150 games before income drops off is likely the most ideal balance between making it too easy and encouraging more participation from additional players but a case could be made for 100 as well.

Furthermore, I would also recommend changing which games count towards the total before the income drop takes effect from all games to only home games, as money is not largely earned from away games except through tips, which they'd earn regardless, and doing so would foster more participation instead of encouraging people to not play aways for others because they don't want to lose their income from home games.

Edited by Adrienne
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

Bump.

I also lean towards 100-150 games, in favour of 150.

I didn't know home and away games both counted to the same cap but, I agree they should be separated so that the $5,500,000 figure is an actual representation and not theoretical (based on the idea of not tipping, which doesn't work in Orbis).

I don't really have any criticisms to add, seems like a good change to make baseball more viable for the casual players that Alex often times wants to appeal to. Thanks for following up and putting this suggestion together.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

On 12/11/2020 at 7:58 AM, Ketya said:

What would you say the purpose of baseball? I am not playing the game long enough to have the context.

It gives you a little extra a day like the activity bonus but with an hour of clicking.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 6:31 PM, Jangles said:

It gives you a little extra a day like the activity bonus but with an hour of clicking.

Thanks! It feels like the whole baseball thing doesn’t add any value to the game while causing many to consume their time. I wish there was a way for the game to reward the value added activity over mindless clicking. Don’t have an idea though :(

I might be in a minority here, 
but personally I believe baseball would be better used as 1 game per day (or maybe per turn), with a bigger reward.
This as an incentive for players to stay active, but not as an incentive to spqam a buttom 150 times.
Might just be me

On 1/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, BelgiumFury said:

I might be in a minority here, 
but personally I believe baseball would be better used as 1 game per day (or maybe per turn), with a bigger reward.
This as an incentive for players to stay active, but not as an incentive to spqam a buttom 150 times.
Might just be me

You have the log in bonus for that already. Baseball shouldn't serve as essentially a second log in bonus.

• Upvote 2

BrOQBND.jpg