Where to now, Immortals and TFP?

Phoenyx

Speaking as a member of an Immortals Protectorate and a former member of TFP, I am hoping that we get some news as to what they are planning on doing now. The first thing that springs to mind is if this changes things in relation to their current war with Quack. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Daveth said:

I for one am waiting anxiously for your in depth analysis into this change in the political landscape. What do you think happened, Phoenyx?

I've been out of the loop for a while- As can be guessed, Tyrion wasn't exactly pleased with me sharing our private conversations regarding this global war. However, I think other people's guesses make sense- Tyrion did mention in a Thalmor's Radio show that he was thinking of downsizing Swamp after the war. So I think it makes sense that the other Alliances in Swamp decided to remove him and their close Allies TFP before they had a chance to get support to remove one or more of the other Alliances in Swamp. To be honest, I think that TI and TFP are better off this way anyway. I certainly saw no detailed arguments in this forum from any of them. I'm not so sure militarily speaking, but I suspect that the main military strength wasn't coming from most if not all of the others in the Sphere (confirmation on this would be helpful). 

My real concern is what this means for the future of TI and TFP. As I've been mentioning in a certain fictional version of Orbis that Isjaki is running, I think that if HM doesn't reveal more regarding what Ronnie's HM leader source meant when he said that Swamp had approached them and said they wanted to "counter Quack's growth", their best option may be to try to work out some type of peace deal with Quack on their own and call it a day. Ofcourse, what I think is best and what they think is best may be quite different. 

One last point to consider- now that certain internal rifts within Swamp have been made abundantly clear, the question of -who- exactly in Swamp the Mysterious HM Leader was speaking to becomes pretty important. With this separation between TI and TFP, it makes even more sense that there may have been a separate faction in Swamp that did indeed want to go to war with Quack, and it lends credibility to Tyrion and Kaz's statements that if there was such a faction, they knew nothing about this alleged plan. 

6 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

These kinds of decisions are not discussed on open forums.  When they figure out their next step, if they haven't already, they will announce it when they decide the time is right.

Ofcourse. But in the mean time, we can all guess. Speaking of an official response, Kaz has now made a comment in the Alliance thread:

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Thanks 5

One question, why couldn't you have posted this in the Swamp thread ?

What stopped you from not wasting fourm space and killing brain cells? 

Edited by Grave
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grave said:

What stopped you from not wasting forum space...

Remember who you're talking to

• Haha 1

Look up to the sky above~

3 hours ago, Grave said:

What stopped you from not wasting fourm space and killing brain cells? 

Guess you missed the bit about Immortals no longer being in Swamp...

7 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Speaking as a member of an Immortals Protectorate and a former member of TFP, I am hoping that we get some news as to what they are planning on doing now. The first thing that springs to mind is if this changes things in relation to their current war with Quack. 

Have you tried using private channels? Rumor is that the answers you may seek can be found there. Or are we just casually speculating? If that's what this thread is for then I wonder when Partisan will get his name back...

scSqPGJ.gif

1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

Have you tried using private channels? Rumor is that the answers you may seek can be found there. Or are we just casually speculating? If that's what this thread is for then I wonder when Partisan will get his name back...

You know how it is Prefontaine, a fair amount of people don't want to talk to me because they want their OPSEC and all of that. So yeah, we're just speculating here. 

1 minute ago, Phoenyx said:

You know how it is Prefontaine, a fair amount of people don't want to talk to me because they want their OPSEC and all of that. So yeah, we're just speculating here. 

Actually I don't know how it is. I kept my private channels private and rarely had a problem with not getting information I needed/wanted. 

• Haha 1

scSqPGJ.gif

3 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Actually I don't know how it is. I kept my private channels private and rarely had a problem with not getting information I needed/wanted. 

I didn't mean you were doing it. I'm just saying that if you want to reveal information that some want private publicly in order to try to end a war, you have to pay a price. I'm paying it. 

4 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

The problem is he doesn't keep them private he plasters them all over the forums like a moron and then wonders why everyone on both sides just tossed him aside and refuses to acknowledge or interact lol.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

The problem is he doesn't keep them private he plasters them all over the forums like a moron and then wonders why everyone on both sides just tossed him aside and refuses to acknowledge or interact lol.

I still interact. Here, for instance. Trying to end a war is frequently an unpopular position, especially if you're willing to reveal information that people on one or both sides would rather you don't share. But as the old saying goes- the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. 

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

I won't. It's Ame's property now.I have become you permanently.

A younger, more dashing variant, that is.

• Like 1

os9LcJK.gif

5 hours ago, dtc justice said:

Why would you expect to get answers about this on a forum? Your better off asking directly to those involved, but we all know they will ignore you as well.

Good of you to answer your own question. The forums are the public face of Alliances and spheres. It is where their global reputations are made and I think it's a good thing for Alliances and Spheres to maintain a strong public presence here, for their reputations. I may not agree with Partisan's CB for this war, but one thing is certain, he definitely maintains a strong presence here in the Forums. 

29 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

The forums are the public face of Alliances and spheres. It is where their global reputations are made and I think it's a good thing for Alliances and Spheres to maintain a strong public presence here, for their reputations.

This communicates a very clear misunderstanding about what these forums are for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarriorSoul said:

This communicates a very clear misunderstanding about what these forums are for.

From this Forum's rules:

1. The Orbis Central subforum is for Out-of-Game Discussions of Game Politics.
  2. In-Game refences can be made. (Wars, Surrenders, Embargoes, etc) as long as it relates to the topic.

Pretty broad boundaries. Certainly doesn't say that we can't ask questions of Alliances here. And I also feel that narratives can gather strength here. There's a reason that many have said that Quack won a lot on the narrative and I think it's because of people like Partisan who repeat their narrative a lot while the forces arrayed against Quack never really came up with a consistent narrative, the most notable example in my view being Ronnie's post that was later turned into an ad, with no effort on his part that I have seen to try to harmonize his narrative with Tyrion/Kaz's. 

14 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

From this Forum's rules:

1. The Orbis Central subforum is for Out-of-Game Discussions of Game Politics.
  2. In-Game refences can be made. (Wars, Surrenders, Embargoes, etc) as long as it relates to the topic.

Pretty broad boundaries. Certainly doesn't say that we can't ask questions of Alliances here. And I also feel that narratives can gather strength here. There's a reason that many have said that Quack won a lot on the narrative and I think it's because of people like Partisan who repeat their narrative a lot while the forces arrayed against Quack never really came up with a consistent narrative, the most notable example in my view being Ronnie's post that was later turned into an ad, with no effort on his part that I have seen to try to harmonize his narrative with Tyrion/Kaz's. 

My point was really to say that this is not remotely a place where alliances' "reputations are made". At best, people simply hope their reputation doesn't go to die here. Reputations are built and maintained elsewhere, and basically nothing productive comes out of the OWF besides a few chuckles here and there.

It was very easy to assume this was naivete early on, but given how fruitless *gestures broadly* has been, and how consistently you have been told that, in fact, the Open World Forum is not where people have these big, expository discussions where major agreements are brokered, I really can't see how you're being anything but intentionally obtuse so you can keep the bit going.

Edited by WarriorSoul