frick YOU ALEX!

magicknight

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=253720

I had a nice long description of my nation with video links, memes, jokes, roleplay, and I was chronicling the progress of my nation and it was almost all of the fun of the game for me. Your "Quality of Life" changes just took away my quality of life in this game. Now the game is just about pixels fighting pixels. Thanks a lot. Screw yourself.

• Haha 6
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, magicknight said:

I had a nice long description of my nation with video links, memes, jokes, roleplay, and I was chronicling the progress of my nation and it was almost all of the fun of the game for me. Your "Quality of Life" changes just took away my quality of life in this game. Now the game is just about pixels fighting pixels. Thanks a lot. Screw yourself.

very sad.

image.png?ex=65f5ac05&is=65e33705&hm=2cdc4b7e28777e34caf37f251fded716f2beb4178c3e91687d866b47cd329bac&=

Well, I understand from the standpoint of people trying to coordinate attacks military wise that it is annoying to have to scroll down for miles just to see the military count at the bottom of the page. (which is a weird mechanic, since military info should be private and only be seen from scouting/spying). I didn't put a long profile description to make it hard for military count checks... 

For the record I made customized GIFs for my nation page using VIP customization options. Every image (except for those city images since they're literally cancer, every time I put an image that fits the prescribed height and width to be allowed to upload it, the image gets stretched like it is flattened). I ENJOYED making a weird/silly/funny nation page with a factbook and description that makes people laugh. It was like a creative outlet. It kept me active in the game, gave me something to care about and log back in for, and I was constantly thinking "what should I add next? What's the next part of the story of my pixel nation where I chronicle it's progress??"

I am the guy who wants to work towards having achievements on my page that is hilarious when it reads:

ACTIVE         OCTOPUS         A DISH BEST SERVED COLD

(Get it?) (I was still working on getting that third achievement)

I had references to Fallout (the video games) regarding the nuclear radiation globally when I first joined... I joined when it was 95% global radiation levels... I linked "Crawl Out Through the Fallout" as a Youtube song link, then later talked about stuff like wars with meme references, made everything streamlined to fit my nation's fictional backstory of using Seal Meat as the currency because they live in Greenland because they wanted to retreat from the rest of human society because they were enlightened and wanted to find themselves in peace and stay hidden from people who were lost, because were they really found and are people not a part of their society truly lost if anybody can just find this society of self enlightened?  My military was Foot Fetishist Soldiers... had a stompy gif for that of a person in uniform stomping down at camera perspective. My tanks were panzerbjorn from Golden Compass (armored polar bears), my aircraft were Battlecruisers from Starcraft II, even made a reference to that in my factbook talking about how my nation didn't discredit UFO's and Aliens when James Raynor came to us and told us that he's from a different universe, that he fought against aliens that invaded human worlds, that we needed a strong Terran Air Superiority because that's what Zergs are weak to. And my ship meme was "I ship them so hard" as in "shipping" people in fan fictions for love relationships. My spies gif is a raven peeking at you from the shadows, a reference to "birds aren't real" (They are secret government drones to spy on us) subreddit which also came from being a Fallout 4 reference since in that game birds literally weren't real and were robot spies that followed you and if you shot them down you find robot parts in their inventory. My navy was called Lost At Sea... because they will travel the world and be exposed to the lost, so our society shun them along with the Foot Fetishists Soldiers who like to stomp around outside of our nation's borders with the Lost... The military academy graduation ceremony is their funeral, where their families get to say their goodbyes and they no longer have identities and names... some of them get so good at not having an identity they become my spies or spy drone pilot/controllers. Missiles were archery missiles... literally Lars Andersen doing trick archery in my gif. Nukes had the gif of Fallout Boy giving a thumbs up. That was my nation, for the record... posting all of this because I'm deleting it now.

I ENJOYED logging in to geek out over what jokes to add further and noticing how many people came to look at my profile from other nations and alliances... so yeah it's like facebook in that sense. I shit post and I get "likes" by commendations and people look at my page so I see I have followers lolololol.

Because why else play this game? What else is there in this game to give me a reason to come back online everyday to login at day change to buy units, to raid, to communicate with alliance? What is FUN in this game that makes it unique and make me have enjoyment?

Certainly not the military pixel units right? I mean I'd literally get called a "pixelhugger" if I cared about my units or did things that indicated I actually gave a shit about winning or losing nation vs nation wars, since what really matters is alliance wars right? Well shit... so I log in to an account that doesn't matter... and doesn't have any fun stuff for me to care about now? Yeah no... thanks but no thanks, Alex. You took away the ONLY fun element in the game by making videos, images and other memes can't work on my nation description... AND limiting the length of it.

ALL Alex had to do to fix the issue of descriptions being too long to make it hard to scroll down to look at ... again "not supposed to care - pixel military units" is to make it so that reading other people's descriptions can be an optional thing that is turned off as a setting. The rest of us who likes to visit other people's pages and look at their descriptions can continue to do so...

Instead... he just made it impossible to have an interesting page... I mean did I even complain about the 1 MB size limit on all images for nation customization? The ridiculous Politics and Snore page every turn? The way the images have weird arbitrary height and width restrictions? Nope. I sucked it up and customized my own gifs to fit all of that. Why? Because this stuff matters to people... having stuff we LIKE about our page gives us a reason to come online, log on, and stay active in the game.

Otherwise this game is nothing to care about. 

I even posted on game suggestions on how Alex can make the game more interesting and fun by giving us more customization options through a "tech tree" that excludes you from going down a different tech path if you chose one of them... like "focusing on tanks" vs "focusing on planes"... giving us 3 types of every unit, so that there's not just tanks and planes, but "Fighter jets," "bombers", "combat helicopters"... and then tech tree upgrades for each branch with fighters getting "evasive maneuvers" that make them take less damage, Bombers getting "strategic bombing" so they can target military improvements, and "Paratroopers" for Helicopters to increase infantry maximum count like barracks do. Ships can have Battleships that can target ground units once they win a blockade... Carriers that can increase Air unit Capacity like Hangars... and Cruisers that can "defend" against Air strikes even if enemy has AS so that the Cruisers will shoot down aircraft making airstrikes on naval units defensively and get a massive bonus against submarines...  and Submarines are ships that cost way more gas to use, does massive damage to Carriers and Battleships, can't be spied, doesn't show up on nation page military unit counts... but can't help at all with blockades, and does not offer defensive ship capacity... only used offensively. 

If you cared about the game Alex, why don't you focus on making the game more fun and read my suggestions?

There's literally lots of ways to improve the game... giving the game "distance" to smooth out server load. where Military strikes take into account the distance from enemy player nations so that it takes a "travel time"... that means not everyone has to log on at day change or at turn change... they have to instead, plan ahead on how long it takes for their attack to reach a target and coordinate with their alliance that way... and then you can remove your stupid annoying Politics and Snore page... it's SO annoying... when you know if you can't rebuy units fast enough at Day change, you'll get enemies who double buy against you and wreck you... so you sit there refreshing a stupid page called Politics and Snore? COME ON! 

So yeah... thanks a lot of making a already "hard to make me give a shit about anything" game that much more meaningless to me... I've stopped caring.

I'm selling down everything, donating all res to my alliance, and deleting the nation. Bye, Alex. I hope you learn how to code better, and buy a real computer to host the game as a server, instead of using your laptop.

Edited by magicknight
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

If you want to chronicle your nations' history, you can do that using the factbook.

If you want to spam your nations' front page, then frick you too.

Lol. I responded to what you said in my long previous reply, but just for shits and giggles...

What is wrong with people having a funny, silly, meme filled, youtube video linked, page? What is wrong with people having to look at that so much that they actually forget to hit me military wise? That my friend is called good propaganda. 

Also a VERY simple fix would have been to move the military info and other "statistics" UP, to the top of the page and the nation flavor text and non-competitive info at the bottom. Problem solved. frick you too you pixel hugger :P

....If that's what your nation description looked like, then hell yes is there a problem with that: That's the 2nd least readable pile of words I've seen this week.

Making it inconvenient to hit a nation is the reason that the rule and later change was implemented, by the way. It's not a matter of propaganda, it's a matter of using a mechanic in a way that it was very much not intended to. You can still have a youtube video up there I think? Failing that, you can have an anthem. Or just a, y'know, link. You can't have ten thousand memes making it take ages to load your nation page though, since that's literally cheating.

1 hour ago, magicknight said:

frick you too you pixel hugger :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2020 at 6:13 PM, magicknight said:

The change was made necessary by entitled nations like yours and a number in Rose, for popularising abuse of the custom nation description with seemingly no consideration for other players. I'm glad action has been taken to address the abuse.

17 hours ago, magicknight said:

Well, I understand from the standpoint of people trying to coordinate attacks military wise that it is annoying to have to scroll down for miles just to see the military count at the bottom of the page. (which is a weird mechanic, since military info should be private and only be seen from scouting/spying). I didn't put a long profile description to make it hard for military count checks... 

For the record I made customized GIFs for my nation page using VIP customization options. Every image (except for those city images since they're literally cancer, every time I put an image that fits the prescribed height and width to be allowed to upload it, the image gets stretched like it is flattened). I ENJOYED making a weird/silly/funny nation page with a factbook and description that makes people laugh. It was like a creative outlet. It kept me active in the game, gave me something to care about and log back in for, and I was constantly thinking "what should I add next? What's the next part of the story of my pixel nation where I chronicle it's progress??"

I am the guy who wants to work towards having achievements on my page that is hilarious when it reads:

ACTIVE         OCTOPUS         A DISH BEST SERVED COLD

(Get it?) (I was still working on getting that third achievement)

I had references to Fallout (the video games) regarding the nuclear radiation globally when I first joined... I joined when it was 95% global radiation levels... I linked "Crawl Out Through the Fallout" as a Youtube song link, then later talked about stuff like wars with meme references, made everything streamlined to fit my nation's fictional backstory of using Seal Meat as the currency because they live in Greenland because they wanted to retreat from the rest of human society because they were enlightened and wanted to find themselves in peace and stay hidden from people who were lost, because were they really found and are people not a part of their society truly lost if anybody can just find this society of self enlightened?  My military was Foot Fetishist Soldiers... had a stompy gif for that of a person in uniform stomping down at camera perspective. My tanks were panzerbjorn from Golden Compass (armored polar bears), my aircraft were Battlecruisers from Starcraft II, even made a reference to that in my factbook talking about how my nation didn't discredit UFO's and Aliens when James Raynor came to us and told us that he's from a different universe, that he fought against aliens that invaded human worlds, that we needed a strong Terran Air Superiority because that's what Zergs are weak to. And my ship meme was "I ship them so hard" as in "shipping" people in fan fictions for love relationships. My spies gif is a raven peeking at you from the shadows, a reference to "birds aren't real" (They are secret government drones to spy on us) subreddit which also came from being a Fallout 4 reference since in that game birds literally weren't real and were robot spies that followed you and if you shot them down you find robot parts in their inventory. My navy was called Lost At Sea... because they will travel the world and be exposed to the lost, so our society shun them along with the Foot Fetishists Soldiers who like to stomp around outside of our nation's borders with the Lost... The military academy graduation ceremony is their funeral, where their families get to say their goodbyes and they no longer have identities and names... some of them get so good at not having an identity they become my spies or spy drone pilot/controllers. Missiles were archery missiles... literally Lars Andersen doing trick archery in my gif. Nukes had the gif of Fallout Boy giving a thumbs up. That was my nation, for the record... posting all of this because I'm deleting it now.

I ENJOYED logging in to geek out over what jokes to add further and noticing how many people came to look at my profile from other nations and alliances... so yeah it's like facebook in that sense. I shit post and I get "likes" by commendations and people look at my page so I see I have followers lolololol.

Because why else play this game? What else is there in this game to give me a reason to come back online everyday to login at day change to buy units, to raid, to communicate with alliance? What is FUN in this game that makes it unique and make me have enjoyment?

Certainly not the military pixel units right? I mean I'd literally get called a "pixelhugger" if I cared about my units or did things that indicated I actually gave a shit about winning or losing nation vs nation wars, since what really matters is alliance wars right? Well shit... so I log in to an account that doesn't matter... and doesn't have any fun stuff for me to care about now? Yeah no... thanks but no thanks, Alex. You took away the ONLY fun element in the game by making videos, images and other memes can't work on my nation description... AND limiting the length of it.

ALL Alex had to do to fix the issue of descriptions being too long to make it hard to scroll down to look at ... again "not supposed to care - pixel military units" is to make it so that reading other people's descriptions can be an optional thing that is turned off as a setting. The rest of us who likes to visit other people's pages and look at their descriptions can continue to do so...

Instead... he just made it impossible to have an interesting page... I mean did I even complain about the 1 MB size limit on all images for nation customization? The ridiculous Politics and Snore page every turn? The way the images have weird arbitrary height and width restrictions? Nope. I sucked it up and customized my own gifs to fit all of that. Why? Because this stuff matters to people... having stuff we LIKE about our page gives us a reason to come online, log on, and stay active in the game.

Otherwise this game is nothing to care about. 

I even posted on game suggestions on how Alex can make the game more interesting and fun by giving us more customization options through a "tech tree" that excludes you from going down a different tech path if you chose one of them... like "focusing on tanks" vs "focusing on planes"... giving us 3 types of every unit, so that there's not just tanks and planes, but "Fighter jets," "bombers", "combat helicopters"... and then tech tree upgrades for each branch with fighters getting "evasive maneuvers" that make them take less damage, Bombers getting "strategic bombing" so they can target military improvements, and "Paratroopers" for Helicopters to increase infantry maximum count like barracks do. Ships can have Battleships that can target ground units once they win a blockade... Carriers that can increase Air unit Capacity like Hangars... and Cruisers that can "defend" against Air strikes even if enemy has AS so that the Cruisers will shoot down aircraft making airstrikes on naval units defensively and get a massive bonus against submarines...  and Submarines are ships that cost way more gas to use, does massive damage to Carriers and Battleships, can't be spied, doesn't show up on nation page military unit counts... but can't help at all with blockades, and does not offer defensive ship capacity... only used offensively. 

If you cared about the game Alex, why don't you focus on making the game more fun and read my suggestions?

There's literally lots of ways to improve the game... giving the game "distance" to smooth out server load. where Military strikes take into account the distance from enemy player nations so that it takes a "travel time"... that means not everyone has to log on at day change or at turn change... they have to instead, plan ahead on how long it takes for their attack to reach a target and coordinate with their alliance that way... and then you can remove your stupid annoying Politics and Snore page... it's SO annoying... when you know if you can't rebuy units fast enough at Day change, you'll get enemies who double buy against you and wreck you... so you sit there refreshing a stupid page called Politics and Snore? COME ON! 

So yeah... thanks a lot of making a already "hard to make me give a shit about anything" game that much more meaningless to me... I've stopped caring.

I'm selling down everything, donating all res to my alliance, and deleting the nation. Bye, Alex. I hope you learn how to code better, and buy a real computer to host the game as a server, instead of using your laptop.

Wall of text, did not read, much like how I would not have read your long wall of text on your nation page. Both are annoying, move it to factbook

Cry harder

Wanted dead or alive for the following crimes:

Thoughts of attempting rebellion, leaking, being a femboy, being a weeb

22 hours ago, magicknight said:

That's a lot of words and opinions for a player that's 16 days old, I snipped it down to what really mattered. Thanks for giving the game a go I guess, see you around. Don't see why you bothered to make a topic about it if your just gonna rage quit barely a day later..?

22 hours ago, Zephyr said:

The change was made necessary by entitled nations like yours and a number in Rose, for popularising abuse of the custom nation description with seemingly no consideration for other players. I'm glad action has been taken to address the abuse.

lol, classic. But whatever, I'm not surprised you took the opportunity to take a jab.

Judging by the following thread, while most of the respondents are from Rose (naturally, considering you started this weird self-righteous crusade against us), your opinion is not universal and should really not be applied so broadly (i.e. "with seemingly no consideration for other players").

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 4
xzhPlEh.png?1