Change to Planes MAPs

Prefontaine

What do people think of the idea of changing the MAPs required for dogfight (not bombing) from 4 to 3 MAPs per attack? Again, that's only plane vs plane combat. Just looking for general feedback, upvotes/downvotes work.

• Downvote 12

scSqPGJ.gif

Would make planes a necessity, generally you either have planes are you don't, and this would make dealing with raiders easy and kill raiders ability to fight with just soldiers, and the change would make dog piles unfightable. Planes would become a speed beige and would just make them to op again

Edited by Dusty
Dusty be forgetting words
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dusty said:

Would make planes a necessity, generally you either have planes are you don't, and this would make dealing with raiders easy and kill raiders ability to fight with just soldiers. Planes would become a speed beige and would just make them op again

Good point. Dogfight resistance would have to be lowered to 10 for an IT if this were to be implemented. 

scSqPGJ.gif

So assuming I get 4 ITs a day with ground, on an opening blitz I'd get 786 for that day, 1,048 if IT already had.

While for dogfights against an equivalent sized opponent, with max planes, I'd average 928 per day destroyed. Vs 696 right now. 

I suppose this does solve the problem of tank vs air balance, more or less, it even does it in the same method with a different result I harped on, by changing only a single number rather than multiple and accidentally cocking something up.

I guess it's fine, seems like it should do the job, think I'd still prefer higher kill rates with the same MAP, an effective solution is an effective solution though.

I think this would tip the scales too much in favour of planes. By changing the MAP cost for dogfight to 3, you allow people to open individual wars with 2 dogfights (assuming declared at turn change despite fortress) which grants a very high likelihood of getting air superiourity and halving the opponent's tanks.

• Upvote 2

Look up to the sky above~

Just now, Hime-sama said:

I think this would tip the scales too much in favour of planes. By changing the MAP cost for dogfight to 3, you allow people to open individual wars with 2 dogfights (assuming declared at turn change despite fortress) which grants a very high likelihood of getting air superiourity and halving the opponent's tanks.

Did forget about this tho, that makes it basically ground attacks that can slaughter ships and cripple tanks.

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

So assuming I get 4 ITs a day with ground, on an opening blitz I'd get 786 for that day, 1,048 if IT already had.

While for dogfights against an equivalent sized opponent, with max planes, I'd average 928 per day destroyed. Vs 696 right now. 

I suppose this does solve the problem of tank vs air balance, more or less, it even does it in the same method with a different result I harped on, by changing only a single number rather than multiple and accidentally cocking something up.

I guess it's fine, seems like it should do the job, think I'd still prefer higher kill rates with the same MAP, an effective solution is an effective solution though.

Toss a "Thanks" feedback for "meh" then I suppose?

scSqPGJ.gif

I'd only support this if it came with a drastic reduction in plane casualties per attack. People already lose their airforce in a blitz typically. This would be just another nail in their coffin.

46 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I'd only support this if it came with a drastic reduction in plane casualties per attack. People already lose their airforce in a blitz typically. This would be just another nail in their coffin.

Plane v plane is too weak currently. Ground kills more planes than a dogfight does

1 hour ago, dtc justice said:

Plane v plane is too weak currently. Ground kills more planes than a dogfight does

What you mean to say is that Ground vs. Planes is too powerful currently. :P

I don't think buffing broken mechanics in order to match other broken mechanics is the solution.

To add to this in a semi-unrelated way: The dev team is in discussions about reducing the cost (gas, munis) of plane operations and ship operations, and I believe Tanks v Planes is going to receive (a long overdue) fix to make it not as ridiculous.

So hopefully in a timely manner planes v planes will again be the more efficacious means of... killing planes.