GATO member on Global War 16

Patriot_Optimia

Just now, Patriot_Optimia said:

wait wat

I, like you, came in to this forum not knowing certain things. This got a fair amount of people to be upset with me. I think I've learned some since then, though a fair amount of people are still upset with me. That being said, I find the conversations in here infinitely more interesting than the war itself. The war is pretty much a bunch of clicks. Here we can talk about why it's happening and what we can do to stop it.

One thing, by the way- I think most would agree that asking the other side to surrender isn't helping. I think the only way out of this one is to take a step back and look further into how we got here and why the war is continuing, with the end goal of getting people to come to the conclusion that it's not worth continuing any longer. 

1 minute ago, Phoenyx said:

I, like you, came in to this forum not knowing certain things. This got a fair amount of people to be upset with me. I think I've learned some since then, though a fair amount of people are still upset with me. That being said, I find the conversations in here infinitely more interesting than the war itself. The war is pretty much a bunch of clicks. Here we can talk about why it's happening and what we can do to stop it.

One thing, by the way- I think most would agree that asking the other side to surrender isn't helping. I think the only way out of this one is to take a step back and look further into how we got here and why the war is continuing, with the end goal of getting people to come to the conclusion that it's not worth continuing any longer. 

Damn ok thats deep

But how the war began idk what heppened, by looking at the wiki, i can see that TKR declared war on Hedge money and then everyone started choosing sides

3 minutes ago, Sval said:

You rang?

I am ready to accept your surrender.

You're surrendering?

1 minute ago, Patriot_Optimia said:

Damn ok thats deep

But how the war began idk what heppened, by looking at the wiki, i can see that TKR declared war on Hedge money and then everyone started choosing sides

You're surrendering?

Yay progress already! Let The Inquisition spread the word of peace across Orbis.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot_Optimia said:

Damn ok thats deep

Glad you asked :-). I've come up with some tentative conclusions in the following thread:

5 minutes ago, alyster said:

This topic makes me miss NPO.

This is why we can't have nice things -.-

• Downvote 2

Just now, Sval said:

I surrender. I can no longer defend myself against your aggression.

Bruh ok idk if ur sarcastic or not (u probably are) but maybe we can talk in the GATO embassy if u really do want to surender (you probably dont and are sarcastic)

1 minute ago, Patriot_Optimia said:

Bruh ok idk if ur sarcastic or not (u probably are) but maybe we can talk in the GATO embassy if u really do want to surender (you probably dont and are sarcastic)

He is definitely being sarcastic :-p. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot_Optimia said:

Do you even have access to the embassy though

• Haha 1

Just now, epsteindidntkillhimself said:

@quack 

please surrender so we don’t have to hear idiots like this talk on the forums 

i value my mental health

Come now epstein, don't be so mean. We were all newbies once :-). 

Just now, Seifer said:

3 minutes ago, Seifer said:

We gonna make an embassy if OWR wasnt kidding

9 minutes ago, Patriot_Optimia said:

There is a GATO embassy? Where's it hiding?

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

3 minutes ago, WarriorSoul said:

Seems like a bit of a mischaracterization to me. Nobody got upset with you for not knowing things. People got upset with you for not knowing things but asserting that you most assuredly do know things.

I do actually know a few things. I also clearly made some mistakes. But I'm hardly alone on that count. A lot of people here think they know a -lot- of things that I've questioned. Perhaps what most irritates people here is not my lack of knowledge but rather that I question whether what they think they know is actually true.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, alyster said:

Wait? Is GATO part of the war? I have totally forgot to surrender to nuke you.

Funny as soon as our side has managed to pull back the net damage gap by nearly 20 billion the calls for quick surrender appear 🤷‍♂️

I think the OP is a shit post, but your reply is also a pretty big one.

War in this game is set up so that high city count nations can just buy soldiers and fight with no munitions at 600 infra forever and "outdamage" literally any nations in their range. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up "outcosting" the enemy coalition in the damage charts if you drag it out for five months. The hilarity of this is that you even being able to nuke a member of GATO precludes the broken system that allows you to outdamage and outcost opponents after losing a bunch of wars.

Those stats don't include the loss of income generation, city growth, etc, either. Not to mention loss of recruits. After the initial blow ups of infrastructure and military, it's not like anyone could expect Quack to buy up, because they'll just get knocked down again, so instead they will just endlessly suicide their soldiers into low tier nations to burn munitions and steel used to maintain advantages over them in land battles, since the actual cost of them losing these fights is almost nothing. I have half a mind from reading such nonsensical drivel to become momentarily active enough in this game's community to type up as much to point out the deep flaws of these mechanics, but I've been recently assured that they will make changes re; what is clearly an illogical system.

vanishes back into the void.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

FX6Lzru.png

2 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I do actually know a few things. I also clearly made some mistakes. But I'm hardly alone on that count. A lot of people here think they know a -lot- of things that I've questioned. Perhaps what most irritates people here is not my lack of knowledge but rather that I question whether what they think they know is actually true.

no, we just wish you would shut up and know your place. the fact that you have managed to singlehandedly unify everyone from every sphere into disliking you is impressive, so please take the social cue and stop posting things that no one genuinely cares about.

• Upvote 1