Dynamic Project Costs

Shakyr

Tech usually gets cheaper the more it's in production (Apple phones don't count), so what if Projects got cheaper, the more nations that buy them (even if they destroy it afterwards).

I'm thinking like 120% of current prices initially, but once 500 nations have bought it, it's 110%, 1000 it's 100%, 2000 nations it's 90%, 3000 nations it's 80% and then it gets capped there.

It'd help become a money sink for those rich bast nations with too much money on hand, then over time become more affordable for the rest of us plebs.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

I like the idea of larger nations paying more for the projects if they would like to get those first. I would also suggest making all projects a little more expensive so the overall resource use within the game doesn’t go down.

There's inflation. 5 years ago, c14 was upper tier and credit prices were like $5m each. MLP and Iron Dome were the in projects, and nukes were too expensive to be practical. It was said that there was no point going above c20 or like 1800 infra because the ROI was too slow.

Nuke project back then were about as rare as ACP today, but in this war I just impulse purchased it because the money was just lying around.

I think it's easier and more fun to just inflate the economy more and make everything relatively cheaper.

Edited by Rin
  • Like 2

i like the concept but the project costs were.... kinda made in response to novas cheating that we hadnt found out yet

wait a min....

anyway disregarding that

that would change all the resource costs

i still like it tho and wish there was an easy way to do it for everything

OR just implement it on the moon landing and nothing else ;3

rawr

I got to thinking about the effect this might have on the development of nations as a whole. Does anyone feel that it will slow things down? I know most people are rolling their eyes as they click the downvote button, but hear me out.  Who is going to want to make the first move to buy anything if the next guy gets it for a lower price? Large nations already pay a higher price for their development with each new city. Smaller nations already (in most alliances) get built up to a strong mid range nation with grants from taxes on those same nations. 

To me it seems this would unduly burden larger nations who have already gone through the process of building up and learning the game to get where they are.

Edited by Malakai
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 6:40 AM, Malakai said:

To me it seems this would unduly burden larger nations who have already gone through the process of building up and learning the game to get where they are.

Actually, the worst affected would be the middle tier, as they would have to choose whether to buy it now (or take loans to buy it now) or to wait.

The top tier, if they're anything like me, wouldn't care too much about the slightly higher cost. I mean I personally bought Moon Landing on a whim, cause I was bored while saving for my next city.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

I would think top tier nations will not care too much since majority of the projects are much cheaper than the next city. I want to have five projects and the sum of all five is cheaper than my next city (and I am not top tier). 

Dynamic cost also adds another angle players need to consider while planning their nations, without making things overcomplicated.