The Crimson Field: Feedback and the way foward

Isjaki

I write myself and I have to say I enjoyed your fanfiction Isjaki, entertaining to read, thanks for putting in the effort.  :)

One of these days I will rejoin the Nat RP but I am kind of like the black sheep there and no longer have any allies.

4 hours ago, Isjaki said:

For those who are unaware, I write fanfiction for Politics and War. The Crimson Field, my first book was completed yesterday. You can read it here.

While it was generally well received by the community, I am curious to know about areas you guys think I could have improved upon.

I am already aware that there have been some grammatical errors, and someone has very kindly offered to fix that for me.

Meanwhile, I will be taking a break, which can be anything from a few days to a couple of weeks, as I think about the finer details of the plot for book 2. 

While book 1 had been told from a perspective of alliance leaders and government members, I am hopeful book 2 can be less 'elitist'. While it would be difficult to relegate the government members to supporting roles entirely, you can expect a greater focus being given to ordinary members, micros and even nones.

This book will also expand on the culture and society of planet Orbis as a whole, rather than merely focus on alliance affairs.

As a final note, if you enjoyed my writing, you can consider voting for my story on wattpad, I would appreciate that a lot!

I enjoyed your writing. As a fellow hobbyist ooc :)

If you're looking to relegate gov etc to a supporting role you could look into using them as the flavorful background in which your less known (or fictional) protagonists move. That way your background and world writes itself from an immersion pov and you can lay focus on the actual story. 

Just a thought. 

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif