An appeal to Phoenyx

Raphael

My goal was and is to get to the point where we can all agree to the truth on various things regarding the war, such as the truth behind Boyce' claims and what this anonymous HM leader meant. However, I acknowledge that the sources may not want to testify any time soon, if ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

They certainly don't want to testify to you. Because you're a chattering hog monkey who won't take a hint to shutup.

And also because nobody's going to agree on the truth because nobody in any sort of meaningful position actually wants that.

Say what you will about me, but I definitely don't agree that no one in any sort of meaningful positions wants the truth to be known here. It's one of the reasons that so many people were calling for logs in the past. 

16 minutes ago, Jordan said:

One thing I can say for sure is that someone in your position. Not a Gov member of any of the alliances in the war, will not be the one to achieve any sort of agreement. All you do by rambling on like you do is ensure that you have no influence.

I'd suggest taking a step back, evaluating your position and work to get yourself to a position where you can have influence (if this is what you desire) before you try to demand it, by rambling in every forum post.

I may have said most of what I want to say regarding the initiation of the war. Seeing as I may not get any more of the answers that I'm seeking anytime soon, I'm thinking that perhaps tomorrow, I'll draw up my current conclusions on things and perhaps leave it at that, we'll see. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

4 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Say what you will about me, but I definitely don't agree that no one in any sort of meaningful positions wants the truth to be known here. It's one of the reasons that so many people were calling for logs in the past. 

I may have said most of what I want to say regarding the initiation of the war. Seeing as I may not get any more of the answers that I'm seeking anytime soon, I'm thinking that perhaps tomorrow, I'll draw up my current conclusions on things and perhaps leave it at that, we'll see. 

I don't think you understand... No one will care about your conclusions... As I've stated, your ramblings have ensured that you are irrelevant when it comes to discussions in this war, and further in this forum and game politics for the time being.

My suggestion was literal. Step back, evaluate and come back when you have a position of influence.

If you want to be taken seriously and be relevant you have to earn it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I don't think you understand... No one will care about your conclusions... As I've stated, your ramblings have ensured that you are irrelevant when it comes to discussions in this war, and further in this forum and game politics for the time being.

My suggestion was literal. Step back, evaluate and come back when you have a position of influence.

If you want to be taken seriously and be relevant you have to earn it.

Hes been told this many times

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Phoenyx said:

Don't. You can conclude to yourself all you want. Don't ramble in the forums where many many people keep watch for important threads. In case you didn't notice (or perhaps you've noticed but you've decided you are just too important to shut up), nobody really cares about your posts. We can tolerate a few threads of legitimate content, but you're posting wayyy too much watery content. In the past 10 days you've posted 7 topics (so nearly 1/day), taking a look at those topics: 

First post: 2 : 2 (upvotes to downvotes)
Second post: 4 : 3
Third post: 2 : 10
Fourth post: 2 : 3
Fifth post: 3 : 3
Sixth post: 3 : 7
The most recent post: 0 : 7

Yep, I think it's safe to say nobody really wants to hear from you. Please take your stuff elsewhere as this isn't your private forum.

I think you guys are wasting your breath, everyone should just add him to ignored users and stop responding to his threads or posts. He will get bored and quieten down once he realises he has no audience. Maybe in a month you could review his behaviour and consider removing him from your ignored users.

lTXlnCQ.png

20 hours ago, Akuryo said:

And also because nobody's going to agree on the truth because nobody in any sort of meaningful position actually wants that.

This is incredibly sad.

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

5 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Fortunately, it's not true.

On the contrary, it is not merely true but a universal constant.

At this point, if there were any doubts, they've been hashed out far more than enough to warrant an actionable conclusion. Thus, anyone still sticking it out is going to stick it out, and whatever the facts may or may not be are entirely irrelevant to the opinions of the ones making decisions.

As things arguably should be; can you imagine what kind of a game we'd be playing if people actually declared peace because there might maybe be a fault in the pretense for the war? bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh I shudder to think...

8 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

On the contrary, it is not merely true but a universal constant.

I think I've strayed too far into abstract concepts. I'll bring it back to earth- I believe there are definitely people in positions of power in this game that want the truth of whether or not the Swamp leadership wanted to initiate a first strike on Quack. Whether there is -enough- power behind it to make it happen, though, I don't know. 

14 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I think I've strayed too far into abstract concepts. I'll bring it back to earth- I believe there are definitely people in positions of power in this game that want the truth of whether or not the Swamp leadership wanted to initiate a first strike on Quack. Whether there is -enough- power behind it to make it happen, though, I don't know. 

...They do want the truth of that, and the truth of it has long since been proven to their satisfaction either way.

Prevaricating on the subject beyond that is aimless shenanigans.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

I don't know if you guys are high high or in a giant jerk circle, but it seems like both. Why can't you guys just answer him straight, instead of giving him insult and threats? Screenshot_20201128-120637.thumb.png.f0023dc375cdc28a8d99349af77b7115.pngScreenshot_20201128-120643.thumb.png.422695c2048983be6372fe456aa63160.png

I also open my questions up to CotL, CC, & all the other ppl that have been on our butts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

12 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

I don't know if you guys are high high or in a giant jerk circle, but it seems like both. Why can't you guys just answer him straight, instead of giving him insult and threats? Screenshot_20201128-120637.thumb.png.f0023dc375cdc28a8d99349af77b7115.pngScreenshot_20201128-120643.thumb.png.422695c2048983be6372fe456aa63160.png

Thanks DJ. And it's not just the players. Even the moderation team seems to be swayed by how popular a player is. I just got a thread deleted- ostensibly because it wasn't political. How is the discussion of wars I'm in with Quack not political? Meanwhile, a thread is here talking about what drinks players prefer. I mean, sure, it's technically about players, so could run with that, but perhaps the reason that that one stands while mine is gone is simply because my post wasn't popular. I appealed the decision, but I have a feeling my appeal won't get anywhere. This is truly sad in my view. It makes it so that unpopular views, like, say, trying to end the war, are silenced. 

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Upvote 1

On 11/24/2020 at 1:13 PM, Phoenyx said:

My goal was and is to get to the point where we can all agree to the truth on various things regarding the war, such as the truth behind Boyce' claims and what this anonymous HM leader meant. However, I acknowledge that the sources may not want to testify any time soon, if ever.

The truth doesn't matter much once the nukes start flying, all that ultimately matters is that treaties are honored and who is left standing in the end. Eventually the war will be over, loyalties will reshuffle, rebuilding begins again, and the cycle repeats. It's just the nature of this game. 

My meaningless advice (because I'm a nobody here and that is how I like it) is to find yourself a good leader, learn from him and back him up through thick and thin. If he betrays your trust, never let him live it down. And don't worry so much, you'll give yourself a stroke. This is just a game, and it's all just pixels.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

I don't know if you guys are high high or in a giant jerk circle, but it seems like both. Why can't you guys just answer him straight, instead of giving him insult and threats? 

I also open my questions up to CotL, CC, & all the other ppl that have been on our butts

People did put in the effort to answer earnestly and all he's done is go on full steam ahead with his same questions that have already been answered to him 100 different ways and made 50 threads about it all. So now we've reached the point where everyone is done entertaining him and this is the result.

1 hour ago, Phoenyx said:

Thanks DJ. And it's not just the players. Even the moderation team seems to be swayed by how popular a player is. I just got a thread deleted- ostensibly because it wasn't political. How is the discussion of wars I'm in with Quack not political? Meanwhile, a thread is here talking about what drinks players prefer. I mean, sure, it's technically about players, so could run with that, but perhaps the reason that that one stands while mine is gone is simply because my post wasn't popular. I appealed the decision, but I have a feeling my appeal won't get anywhere. This is truly sad in my view. It makes it so that unpopular views, like, say, trying to end the war, are silenced. 

It was likely hidden, not deleted, and it was likely done so because it didn't belong in Orbis Central, not because of "popularity". If you want to open posts relating only to your nation's wars, that belongs in National Affairs, as was pointed out to you earlier.

Edited by Adrienne
  • Upvote 6

BrOQBND.jpg

1 minute ago, Adrienne said:

People did put in the effort to answer earnestly and all he's done is go on full steam ahead with his same questions that have already been answered to him 100 different ways and made 50 threads about it all. So now we've reached the point where everyone is done entertaining him and this is the result.

At this point it's just a demonstration of the futile nature of forums controlled by the masses. The Tragedy of the commons. The failure of democracy and a tyranny of mob rule where fools & thieves are pushed to the forefront of our discourse & entertainment.

"You get what you deserve"

For my part I'm putting fuel on the fire while saying my own fuel doesn't stink (what curse words are allowed on the forums?), but I am doing so knowing that it's just for my own amusement. I hope no one is trapped in the loop of wanting a better experience here while also contributing to the low brow & toxic nature of the forums by feeding the very type of behavior they describe to be negative. Stay self aware people.

• Like 2