Could you create insane amounts of revenue through average annual income with taxes?

EveryoneGetsEmbargoed

Does Increasing your citizens average annual income increase the money from which you tax your citizens? if I would tax my citizens by 15% and they had an average income of $60,000  (annually) and I had 300,000 population, I would receive 4.5 billion dollars (US dollars) this would be a lot of money, this would only happen annually though (in P&W years I would assume) Since it could not be manipulated, you could only achieve such godly amounts of revenue through increasing your commerce, there fore increasing citizens national income. A nation with much more population could possibly receive tens of billions of dollars each P&W year or 182 real life days which is why Its 2058 instead of 2020. (Only assuming this is how the game works) I would wonder if you would collect taxes daily which would be 1% of the revenue of the annual tax revenue. (or if it would collect your entire annual taxes daily) which would be insane amounts of money  (This would probably be diminished by many other factors, but I digress) So if a nation in P&W  had the average annual  income of a real life nation, take Iceland or the United states, would create insane amounts of money (of course every 182 real life days, so perhaps it would be belittled? 

unless thats not how the tax system works, and it taxes your annual average income every day? Of course though, reaching $60,000 annual average income would be insanely hard to reach, if not improbable, possible, but improbable, perhaps taking tens of years to reach that goal, sacrificing military security, etc.

unless I were exaggerating.. I wonder what the maximum possible average annual income is.

Edited by EveryoneGetsEmbargoed
  • Haha 1

Your national tax rate and citizens' average income are in an inversely proportional relationship. Even if you alter your economic policies so that you can increase your tax rate, it won't do anything to your gross income as that will also decrease citizens' average income and balance it out.

If you're talking about increasing your average income while keeping the tax rate stable, that's kind of already what you're doing in this game to increase your income.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kuuhaku said:

Your national tax rate and citizens' average income are in an inversely proportional relationship. Even if you alter your economic policies so that you can increase your tax rate, it won't do anything to your gross income as that will also decrease citizens' average income and balance it out.

If you're talking about increasing your average income while keeping the tax rate stable, that's kind of already what you're doing in this game to increase your income.

I mean, focusing on increasing your annual average income (for your citizens) not the tax rate, If I would assume the tax rate does tax your average annual income by your population, this would be how you would create tax revenue (even if the tax rate doesnt change depending on your policies, i would assume it would have an around a 5% basis that doesn't change. (Focusing on increasing your citizens annual income instead of taxes. This could only partly be true if taxes (whatever the basis would be) does interfere with your annual average income (citizens) 

So your tax rate would go up if youre annual average income goes down? and vice versa

so it would always be the same, and depend on your population.. or would it just be if your taxes go up your annual average income goes down, but not vice versa?

Edited by EveryoneGetsEmbargoed
correction (on my part)

https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/National_Tax_Rate

As Kuuhaku correctly explained national tax rate and weighted average income are irrelevant figures. If you are looking to maximize gross income then increasing the population and commerce rate (which increases your weighted average income without lowering national tax rate) in your cities is indeed the way to go.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=16235

This is the currently biggest nation in the game and they have a gross income of roughly 70m per irl day and 5.8m per pnw day. One pnw-year btw is roughly one irl month (not 182 days) because each irl day equates to 12 pnw days also called turns. Anyway, aforementioned nation provides the peak numbers you seem interested in, but of course the 70m daily gross income doesn't account for expenses and other revenue streams such as resource production.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

10 minutes ago, Dryad said:

https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/National_Tax_Rate

As Kuuhaku correctly explained national tax rate and weighted average income are irrelevant figures. If you are looking to maximize gross income then increasing the population and commerce rate (which increases your weighted average income without lowering national tax rate) in your cities is indeed the way to go.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=16235

This is the currently biggest nation in the game and they have a gross income of roughly 70m per irl day and 5.8m per pnw day. One pnw-year btw is roughly one irl month (not 182 days) because each irl day equates to 12 pnw days also called turns. Anyway, aforementioned nation provides the peak numbers you seem interested in, but of course the 70m daily gross income doesn't account for expenses and other revenue streams such as resource production.

Thank you so much ^^

• Like 1