Boyce and his role in the current global war

Phoenyx

7 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

What odds can I get on it being Milton? 20 to 1?

Just now, Shiho Nishizumi said:

Nah, Milton was more dismissive and wrote far shorter texts.

I'd say EmperorJonas would be better odds. But I don't think they where this coherent? I could be wrong.

I'll give you 2 to 1 Milton over Just some very basic Troll.

• Upvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Aye, but whose reroll...? Jonas? Leo? Roq? ...Roz, albeit in a particularly trolling mood? Keshav?

Wait, it could be Keshav... 🤔 

If it's Keshav I am packing my bags, just saying

• Like 1

Peace in our time

41 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Do you guys believe in evidence at all? No wonder you were all fooled by Sphinx/Boyce and/or wherever their sources were. 

I have done serious investigation, and my sources indicate that you are.........

Canadian.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Okay... okay I've actually lost it, my sides are in orbit

This is your plan for winning the war isn't it

I can't even fight when I'm laughing this hard 🤣

Whatever works 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Okay... okay I've actually lost it, my sides are in orbit

This is your plan for winning the war isn't it

I can't even fight when I'm laughing this hard 🤣

The result of this war was a foregone conclusion the moment tS and TKR made the decision to start arming up 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Untitled.png

5 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Do you guys believe in evidence at all? No wonder you were all fooled by Sphinx/Boyce and/or wherever their sources were. 

You have yet to prove that you aren’t a reroll.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

I saw you comment on the Atlas Wire article about this - the screenshot of Boyce was in there, used from a public forum. I'm quite sure this is just a way to rile people up and the amount of large words people are using in this thread has given me the spins. - but if you aren't just trolling to make people upset - play the game a bit longer and actually see how these wars happen, leaks, rumors, and all the BS that sits between.

This war might not be cut and dry to some - but you're seriously looking at the arming up of a group, while logs from another group are leaked with specific words adding up to an offensive attack on a force they were threatened by. The illusions that people talked to other people - I don't really see where that plays a part or why it would even matter if other people talked to other people. I don't think there is any major leader in this game that doesn't run scenarios like this with their inner circles - when you're on top you're a target and that cycle continues every war, this one isn't any different.

18 hours ago, Lord Vader said:

tCW: Has an MDoAP with swamp which is an MDoAP bloc
Also tCW: Not part of swamp 

🤔

Alright- Tyrion said something about them not being part of the Swamp leadership at some point and I do notice that in the treaty web, they're not a part of it. Was talking to very helpful people yesterday and they pointed out that Swamp is composed of 7 Alliances. They also confirmed that there was in fact one or more people in Swamp who wanted to go on the offensive with Quack. However, they also think Immortals' leader Tyrion and TFP are honest. So what does that leave us with? The possibility that 1 or more of the other 5 Alliances did have some plans to do something on the offensive side. However, the fact that it was never brought up at a Swamp leadership strongly suggests that these plans were far from fruition. The fact that Ronny says that he only heard of these ideas for a week before things apparently fizzled out also suggests that this was definitely not something that had become an actual plan from Swamp, but perhaps just 1 or more smaller Alliances in Swamp who had not yet deigned to even bring it up at a leadership meeting. 

As always, I think it would be good if we could learn more from the sources of information- Ronny's HM leader and Boyce himself (as in, did he talk to anyone other than Sphinx regarding Swamp's plans).

Edited by Phoenyx

3 hours ago, Mad Max said:

I saw you comment on the Atlas Wire article about this - the screenshot of Boyce was in there, used from a public forum. I'm quite sure this is just a way to rile people up and the amount of large words people are using in this thread has given me the spins. - but if you aren't just trolling to make people upset - play the game a bit longer and actually see how these wars happen, leaks, rumors, and all the BS that sits between.

This war might not be cut and dry to some - but you're seriously looking at the arming up of a group, while logs from another group are leaked with specific words adding up to an offensive attack on a force they were threatened by. The illusions that people talked to other people - I don't really see where that plays a part or why it would even matter if other people talked to other people. I don't think there is any major leader in this game that doesn't run scenarios like this with their inner circles - when you're on top you're a target and that cycle continues every war, this one isn't any different.

Last night, I talked to 2 people who aren't in Swamp- one on the Quack side and the other not on the Quack side. Very informative. So anyway, it's one thing to have 1 or more of the smaller Alliances in Swamp think about creating a force that might go at Quack offensively, but it's quite another to put it into action. I have spoken frequently with the current Swamp military leader and he made it very clear that they had absolutely no interest in going to war with Quack. I fully believe that it wasn't even brought up with this leader (from TFP) and Tyrion's Immortals, so this alleged plan was very far from going anywhere. 

22 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Last night, I talked to 2 people who aren't in Swamp- one on the Quack side and the other not on the Quack side. Very informative. So anyway, it's one thing to have 1 or more of the smaller Alliances in Swamp think about creating a force that might go at Quack offensively, but it's quite another to put it into action. I have spoken frequently with the current Swamp military leader and he made it very clear that they had absolutely no interest in going to war with Quack. I fully believe that it wasn't even brought up with this leader (from TFP) and Tyrion's Immortals, so this alleged plan was very far from going anywhere. 

Eh.

Who's to say that military leader isn't just saying that to push their own narrative that they weren't going to attack? People aren't so innocent here as you may *want* to think. Even if it is true - the idea that there would be a possible offensive attack is enough (in my book) to build up and preempt that possible offensive.

So, with logs provided, that is the only motivation really needed to get the soldiers lined up. If you truly are new to the game - I'd suggest reading back on the wiki of the few past wars. Many start with logs, regardless of who these people talked to OR what people say on either side, each side will always have their narrative. That narrative is accepted or rejected by whoever wants to accept or reject.

Your argument - that there were less ore more people in the know, really doesn't matter at all to the grand scheme of things. Even if you took this at face value SOLELY you have logs identifying plans to offensively strike a sphere. That sphere was threatened and preempted. Another sphere jumped in with their CB that aligns with what the logs say. Its basic.

Coming on here doing what you're doing isn't bad, it sometimes broadens the story which is awesome. When I write articles, getting people's story is the main part of the job - but not providing more background makes what you're saying fall negatively or flat, generally for both sides of the argument.

If you got logs of your own, post them up and spice up the narratives!

1 hour ago, Mad Max said:

Eh.

Who's to say that military leader isn't just saying that to push their own narrative that they weren't going to attack? People aren't so innocent here as you may *want* to think. Even if it is true - the idea that there would be a possible offensive attack is enough (in my book) to build up and preempt that possible offensive.

I'm outing the military leader in question- tired of nameless people in all of this. It's Kaz, same one who wrote the thread in the Alliance Forum (Kaz Confessional or something like that). He's also one of the leaders of TFP. And Tyrion, leader of the Immortals, the largest Alliance in Swamp and second largest Alliance in the game in terms of score, has also been adamant there wasn't even a mention of an offensive plan in what I assume were Swamp leadership meetings. Now, it was pointed out to me last night that Swamp is composed of 7 Alliances. So I will concede that 1 or more of the other Alliances may have been hatching plans to attack Quack, but that would have been a small faction of Swamp, and they hadn't even decided to bring it up at a leadership meeting. It goes with what Ronny said about hearing about it for a week before it apparently fizzled out. Kaz has stated that he would have strongly opposed any idea of initiating a first strike against Quack had he ever heard about it. 

Edited by Phoenyx

13 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

The result of this war was a foregone conclusion the moment tS and TKR made the decision to start arming up 🤷‍♂️

Very easy to make the result a foregone conclusion when the other three spheres in the game are signing (what amounts to) M-level treaties in secret with each other :v

37 minutes ago, WarriorSoul said:

Very easy to make the result a foregone conclusion when the other three spheres in the game are signing (what amounts to) M-level treaties in secret with each other :v

Why are we always talking past tense? It's like the war started and that's it, gotta continue it until everyone is exhausted type deal. I think that the main Alliances in Swamp have made it pretty clear that they are quite open to settling this war. Why not give that a try?

Edited by Phoenyx

5 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I think that the main Alliances in Swamp have made it pretty clear that they are quite open to settling this war. Why not give that a try?

Even if that was the case, why would quacksphere do that? They’ve lost all their infra while swamp and the rest still has infra leftover. Not gonna happen scrub

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Vein said:

Even if that was the case, why would quacksphere do that? They’ve lost all their infra while swamp and the rest still has infra leftover. Not gonna happen scrub

Sigh -.-. While this war continues, both sides are losing money. But alright, fine, I guess the war will continue. Here's to hoping that we can at least continue to look at the causes for this war, which is mainly an excercise in looking at what we know and suspect in terms of who the sources of information were that started it and their credibility. 

4 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Sigh -.-. While this war continues, both sides are losing money.

Money is ephemeral; stats are forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

6 hours ago, WarriorSoul said:

Feel free to add "moral victor" on the wiki entry of this war if it makes you feel better 👍

Edited by Charles Bolivar
  • Downvote 1

Untitled.png