Should sweaty people have equal rights?

Zerkium

It is legal for sweaty people to be discriminated against for the immutable trait of sweating often (e.g. during an interview, or fired for being sweaty), and current norms are generally ok with being intolerant and rude towards sweaty people (sweatophobia). 

I and organizations like the NAASP (National Association for the Advancement of Sweaty People) believe sweaty people should have equal rights, and if you don't think so you're a sweatophobe. Sweaty Lives Matter.

Are you for or against sweaty people having equal rights, and if against why do you choose to be a sweatophobe?

Serious note: I'm applying the principle of "people with immutable traits should be protected". What would stop us from applying the principle to its maximum to immutable attributes such as sweating more often, or left-handedness, or genes relating to disgust sensitivity (making a person be conservative), or genes relating to openness (making a person be more left-leaning)?

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, Zerkium said:

It is legal for sweaty people to be discriminated against for the immutable trait of sweating often (e.g. during an interview, or fired for being sweaty), and current norms are generally ok with being intolerant and rude towards sweaty people (sweatophobia). 

I and organizations like the NAASP (National Association for the Advancement of Sweaty People) believe sweaty people should have equal rights, and if you don't think so you're a sweatophobe. Sweaty Lives Matter.

Are you for or against sweaty people having equal rights, and if against why do you choose to be a sweatophobe?

Serious note: I'm applying the principle of "people with immutable traits should be protected". What would stop us from applying the principle to its maximum to immutable attributes such as sweating more often, or left-handedness, or genes relating to disgust sensitivity (making a person be conservative), or genes relating to openness (making a person be more left-leaning)?

In short no they should not and if anyone down votes this you are a fat sweaty person

• 3 weeks later...

I realise that this is a strawman that's being presented, but i'm going to waste my time responding because I have nothing else better to do.

The difference between sweaty people and, say, LGBTQ people, racial minorities, or women, is that sweaty people are not often targeted for their overactive glands.  LGBTQ people have often been assaulted, murdered, and raped in attacks explicitly because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.  The gay panic defense and the related trans panic defense have often meant that these murderers have walked free or faced lesser sentencing.  It should be clear to us in America that racial minorities have had a long history of abuse by the majority, from slavery to Jim Crow and beyond.  And as for women, that had also been abundantly clear with the frequency of domestic violence, and trends of women being denied jobs due to possible pregnancies or other traits that would not affect the job.

Protected classes in the American legal system are protected because they have faced (often lethal) discrimination by the majorities in power - and have needed to legally fight for their rights to equal protection under the law.  As far as i'm aware, sweaty people as a class have not been the victims of systemic discrimination.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1