Project Idea(s) That I'm Thinking About for an Absurdly Long Amount of Time (or Maybe an Absurdly Short Amount of Time)

Solomon Ben-David

Hello there!

DUN d-d-dun dun dun DUN d-d-dun dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUN

I'm coming from you loud and clear through my semi-deteriorating mental state with some (possibly half-baked) ideas!

(Please tear them down if you wish, nothing matters anymore!)

Right, the ideas. Alright, so these ideas come in the form of projects!

1. Colonialism

It has certainly been mentioned/asked about/shot down before, but I think it'd be a really interesting idea. We just need to balance it right. Here's a few ideas:

Pros (Why would you get the Colonialism Project?)

• Would allow for someone to obtain a larger variety of resources.
  • Would be super neat to show off/add to a country's lore (if they wish to have a detailed lore-yes I do have one and it's excessive but don't judge, I just have too much free time)
  • Would allow for more interesting projects (I'll be throwing these down below)
  • You can choose where new cities go (old cities would be in the same continent). This would be available as a dropdown menu in the "create new city" page.
  • That's pretty much it!

Cons (Why would this project not be super OP?)

• This project obviously targets whales, so the cost would be relatively high. Currently, I'm thinking it to be comparable to Space Program. Here's my thought (Feel free to argue these values; they're estimates): $50,000,000; 2,500 Uranium; 10,000 Oil; 2,000 Iron, 2,000 Bauxite; 10,000 Gasoline; 20,000 Steel; 15,000 Aluminum; and 50,000 Food. These are based off of the values seen in Space Project and lightly comparing it to needs of colonialism.
  • You would be able to establish cities in that continent (it would/should show the continent in the city info page), but the cities would only be able to produce the resources in the continent they're in. (So, if a city's in North America, it would only be able to produce coal, iron, and uranium. If it's in Europe, it would only be able to produce coal, iron, and lead. So on and so forth.)
  • You can only have cities in two continents.
  • This project requires CCE, UP, and ITC to build.

If you have any suggestions regarding this balance, feel free to add in!

2. Mars/Moon Base (This would be two separate projects with similar outcomes)

This is something that I started playing around with after I started fleshing out the above project. This idea comes from the fact that the game date is supposedly 2058, so we should have something like this (or maybe because we're currently in the middle of our 16th global, none of us should exist).

Requirements:

• This requires Colonialism, Space Program, Telecommunications Satellite, and Moon Landing to build (that's a lot, but I feel as if it would be worth it on this scale.)
  • The cost of this would be $500,000,000; 1,000,000 Food; 25,000 Uranium; 25,000 Gasoline; 15,000 Aluminum; and 35,000 Steel. This is expensive, but again, if the nation have the 4 aforementioned projects, this should be a large amount for a project, but manageable.

What you would get:

• First, status, because you can say that you have an expensive project
  • Second, this would add an extra "continent" to your list (Mars, Moon). These would offer either a larger variety of resources or entirely new resources, depending on how much effort Alex wants to put into this.
  • This would be very similar to Colonialism.

I think these would be interesting ways to add a new spin on the game, as this would certainly change some upper-level strategy. I'm open to discussion on this, but feel free to tear this project apart so I can figure out ways to improve these ideas!

Quick note: None of this was passed by Rose. I'm proposing this as a random nation, so please don't yell at any other Rose member for me proposing this. My words are not Rose's words. I know that's pretty obvious, but I just wanted to explicitly state that. Just in case.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

4.png