Guest Zephyr

Offending Nation Details
Nation: Joe Land
Leader: Comrade Joe
Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=6286

Offending Forum Post Link

ubREDCm.png

Coerced Quitting / Forcing Players to Quit or Leave the Game

Bullying, harassing, or otherwise coercing/encouraging players to quit the game is against the rules. Depending on the severity and scale of the offense, this can result in anywhere from a moderation strike to a permanent ban. The punishment is subject to moderator discretion.

In the offending post, Comrade Joe encourages a new player to quit the game; the player is less than a day old, asking for help setting their nation's policies. This kind of new player bullying should probably qualify as a forum posting violation too.

Looking at the nation in question, I would report it for hate speech. This is Nazi imagery, and this should be reportable. However, it's not against the game rules, so while I wish I could report it, I can't because it's not against the game rules, and the game rules should be updated to include this.

Note (this is also the edit): I have been told that hate speech is reportable, but it is not in the game rules (which it should be). While I don't agree with telling this nation to delete itself, I do agree that this nation should not be welcome.

Edited by Solomon Ben-David
Update

4.png

30 minutes ago, Solomon Ben-David said:

Looking at the nation in question, I would report it for hate speech. This is Nazi imagery, and this should be reportable. However, it's not against the game rules, so while I wish I could report it, I can't because it's not against the game rules, and the game rules should be updated to include this.

Note (this is also the edit): I have been told that hate speech is reportable, but it is not in the game rules (which it should be). While I don't agree with telling this nation to delete itself, I do agree that this nation should not be welcome.

It is in game rules though; by name.

In-game Communication

All forms of in-game communication, including but not limited to, messaging, war declaration reasons, alliance announcements, leader, city, or nation names, and nation and alliance descriptions must be appropriate. Vulgar language, mean comments, Nazism or Nazi related names and titles, Terrorist organizations related names and titles etc. are not allowed and will result in your nation receiving a strike.

• Like 2

• Administrators

The player has already been banned after I got an in-game report about it. I understand the circumstances here @Comrade Joe, but in the future please just report the nation. I am not going to take moderation action against you because of the circumstances here, but in general, telling a new player to quit like this would be against the rules (assuming, you know, that they're not a white supremacist / Nazi.)

• Like 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic