Yo, just joined and my Nation is already a nuclear wasteland? lol

MeteorJunk

Just joined today under Libertara, and my nation is already starving because apparently the land we settle on is a nuclear wasteland? 200 radiation, so no food output lol. Am I going to be able to play the game? Who knows, by tomorrow all my people might of starved because my Nation somehow instantly became a wasteland with no warning or reason. But would like tips please.

Hello@MeteorJunk welcome to the game. And sorry about the radiation, a world war is currently ongoing(number 16th if you curius). Which mean that over a 100 nukes get fired a day at the moment. It leave the world a tiny bit radiated. 

But even without the radiation i wouldn't recommend a new nation to produce their own food. As you have very little land, and food production kinda depend on how much land you own.
You are therefore better of mining any other raw ressource like coal, then selling your surplus on the market. Where after you can buy food, which is going be bit more expensive then normal, because of the before mentioned radiation. But it is still the cheapest ressource in the game. 

No nation is really able to be self sufficient in this game, as no nation can produce every ressource. 

So you either need to depend on trade with the market(you being in control) or an alliance that can pull ressources together(Others being in control). 
Which method being used is going depend on your choice in alliance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

tenor (1).gif

thanks I guess, @Zim. I only have like 1 million though, so I wonder how I am going to keep my people from starving to death lol. I only have coal and even then I have a minimal amount of it, people are less likely to buy 20 coal than 200. Maybe I have to play the waiting game and then sell?

@MeteorJunkYou really don't need all that much food at your current size. You have a population of around 30.000, you should have daily food consumiton of around 30, so it will only cost you around 5500 money to keep your nation feed for a day. 

If you look under "Revenue" it should give you the exact number. So long you bellow a million people it should be fairly cheap to keep your population well feed. 

And as for ressources, people buy the cheapest even if there isen't much. The people living of trading will especially do this as they see it as undercutting. Basely a strategy where an nation try to artificial lower the price of market, so they can buy stuff at a cheaper rate. 

Well whatever raw you choice to invest in, do please go all out with it, you get a stacking bonus by having more of the same ressource production in a city(just pr city and not nation, so you can still invest in different ressources to sell or refine.)

Another advice; i do hope you gotten discord account, it kinda become the main communication tool for this game, and many alliance won't even accept people without an discord account. Another thing is the war, some of warning alliances don't currently accept new members as they don't have the time or ressources to invest into it.
At any rate it good idea to write to a gov member of the different alliances you trying to apply to.  

tenor (1).gif

Just ignore food completely, all you get is a decrease on monetary tax income. Raid others to get food and sell it for a good price and build mines to sell the yield directly. Especially lead, good stuff during wars.