War options overhaul

Herb

P&W has a lot of competitive mechanisms, but all of the roleplay mechanisms are useless and affect the game hardly if at all. I'm proposing an addition to the war declaration and peace offering system that would give more incentive for alliances and nations to declare wars and add immersion to the game.

"War type" would change to "War objective" with multiple choices.

Nations

warobjective.png.3a572e1e6ae0cd5419846beb3e5c1a05.png

With the "Show superiority" war objective, you will do 50% of potential infrastructure damage and take 50% of potential loot. (Ordinary)

With the "Raiding" war objective, you will do 25% of potential infrastructure damage and take 100% of potential loot. (Raid)

With the "Destruction" war objective, you will do 100% of potential infrastructure damage and take 25% of potential loot. (Attrition)

With the "Adopt government" war objective, you will do 25% of potential infrastructure damage and take 25% of potential loot. If you defeat your opponent, their government type will change to your choice for 252 turns (3 weeks) until it can be changed. 

With the "Convert religion" war objective, you will do 25% of potential infrastructure damage and take 25% of potential loot. If you defeat your opponent, their religion will change to your choice for 252 turns (3 weeks) until it can be changed.

For the new war objectives, "Adopt government" and "Convert religion", and any other similar war objective with an objective beyond damaging or raiding, the attacked nations have the chance to peace out after the war has been going for 24 turns (2 days) and the attacking nation's war objectives would come to effect in the nation.

The original white peace is available at any time as well.

Alliances

I propose alliances have an in-game mechanism to declare wars, they would have some of the nation war types, but also some alliance-only war types. I also suggest a new war stats display for all alliances, showing who have beat them in war and who are they superior and inferior to. It would be located in the wars-tab of the alliances.

warobjective2.png.b94b573d9fb5737c53360d468c1c066e.png

With the "Show superiority" war objective, you will do 50% of potential infrastructure damage and take 50% of potential loot. If you defeat your opponent's alliance in a war, their war stats will display that they are inferior to your alliance and lost a war to you. Defeating someone you were inferior to will change your alliance to be superior over them.

With the "Demand reparations" war objective, you will do 50% of potential infrastructure damage and take 25% of potential loot. If you defeat your opponent's alliance in war, your alliance bank will receive 3% of each enemy alliance member's resources and money.

With the "Limit influence" war objective, you will do 100% of potential infrastructure damage and take 25% of potential loot.

With the "Adopt government" war objective, you will do 25% of potential infrastructure damage and take 25% of potential loot. If you defeat your opponent's alliance, their members government types will change to the winning leader's choice for 252 turns (3 weeks) until it can be changed.

With the "Convert religion" war objective, you will do 25% of potential infrastructure damage and take 25% of potential loot. If you defeat your opponent, their members religions will change to the winning leader's choice for 252 turns (3 weeks) until it can be changed.

In an alliance war with the casus belli "Show superiority", "Demand reparations" and "Limit influence", members of the alliance war would be unable to declare war with "Adopt government" and "Convert religion" war types.

Declaring war to an alliance would account in for active treaties:

Declaring war on an alliance with a mutual defense pact with other alliance(s) would show a warning message showing the alliance's allies and treaties. 

Declaring war to an alliance while you have a MAP / MDoAP with other alliances will give their leaders an option to join the war, located in their alliances war tabs. It expires in 24 turns (2 days), and declining would be dishonoring a treaty and would instantly annul all treaties with the alliance in question.

For optional defense/aggression pacts, your allies leaders get an option in their alliance's war tab to join an ally's war. Declaring war manually on an alliance that is at war with your OAP or ODP ally automatically joins you in the war on your ally's side.

After 84 turns (1 week):

- Any alliance leader can cede in to the attacking side's war objective peace terms and get their alliance out of the war. Negotiating peace alone is a cowardic act and would annul all treaties with allies partaking in the war.

- Biggest 3 alliance's leaders from each side can negotiate peace for their entire side, if all 3 of them vote for it in their alliance's war tabs. The leaders can propose a white peace as well.

Other alliance leaders can join a conflict and choose their side on it manually or start separate wars without being involved in a war.

After an alliance war ends, alliances sign an automatic, uncancellable non-aggression pacts for 84 turns (1 week), as a minimum time to prevent non-stop wars.

------------------

What I could see this bringing would be more fun, more dialogue and coordination between alliance leaders, having more fun declaring wars and bringing new kinds of wars in to the game. Imagine a religious war in Orbis, i.e Knights Templar vs. an Islamistic alliance. Some people could even care about the mechanisms to a degree, losing a religious war could instabilize an alliance and cause unrest.

This game generates some amazing stories. I think this would create some more amazing stories out there. I would be happy if even 1% of this all would be implemented.

TL;DR

new war types, ability to cede to peace terms and get quick peace & alliance wars.

Edited by Herb
Minor edit
  • Like 1

If possible I think it would be good to allow a custom entry of the length of the uncancelable nonaggression pact. All of those involved enter a time frame using days instead of turns, if all match, then no nation in any alliance in the agreement can violate it. 

Edited by Malakai
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Malakai said:

If possible I think it would be good to allow a custom entry of the length of the uncancelable nonaggression pact. All of those involved enter a time frame using days instead of turns, if all match, then no nation in any alliance in the agreement can violate it. 

Yeah, that is a great idea. Anything to make the game more fun.

Me and you had the same basic Idea about war declarations by alliances. One think I would like to add to your list of things a war declaration does is have both alliances embargo each other. The would give the embargo feature some much needed power and also fits in with how an actual war works. I also think that nations should be able to try and defy the embargo but at the risk of it not going through and the resources/money are lost or the alliance to have an in game way of seeing it and a way to punish them. 

• Like 1

Your fav goth

RIE 6.5 Flag mini.png

• Wiki Mod

or hear me out you can make these and many more terms at the negotiating table. With real player interaction not shallow labels. And hard no on hard coding treaty chains.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

1 hour ago, Dr Rush said:

or hear me out you can make these and many more terms at the negotiating table. With real player interaction not shallow labels. And hard no on hard coding treaty chains.

That'd be amazing and would be glad if it happened.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:56 PM, Greatest Louisiana said:

Me and you had the same basic Idea about war declarations by alliances. One think I would like to add to your list of things a war declaration does is have both alliances embargo each other. The would give the embargo feature some much needed power and also fits in with how an actual war works. I also think that nations should be able to try and defy the embargo but at the risk of it not going through and the resources/money are lost or the alliance to have an in game way of seeing it and a way to punish them. 

Alliance-wide embargoes are a good idea, hadn't thought of them. Definitely a good idea.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the religion/gov type change idea is great. Maybe you can add political ideology there too (communists would probably love to spread communism eh?).

It doesn't change anything to the game other than text and an image, and players would be making a sacrifice in not getting more loot or destroy more infra. I can envision some alliances being dedicated to attacking (probably inactive) nations to change their religion to a custom religion.