Hi, Im a new user looking for some tips for getting started.

Buddy_Fuddy

Here are some tips:

1st: Don't grow food on your own.

It is not recommended that ''small'' nations (small meaning new) grow food because it isn't practical. Instead of investing your precious improvements on farms, invest them to mines. With mines, you can get resources to make power stations and more. If you think you have too much of a certain resource, try trading it for money on the trade section in the game. Of course, you can't let your nation starve, so with the money you got from trading, purchase a few thousand food.

2nd: Join an alliance.

No nation in Politics and War can become self sufficient, because no nation can get all of the resources by mining them. Of course you can get any resource you want through the market (Trade section) but that's impractical, and you can lose money REALLY quick. One way to get resources for cheap or for no price at all is to join an alliance. There are many alliances in Politics and War. Just go to the alliance recruitment page and find the alliance you want. It might be hard to find an alliance these days due to the Global War, but there are some that aren't participating.

3rd: Raid.

Raiding is one of the most sufficient ways to get resources of any kind. Of course, raiding requires you to build a military, so don't forget that. Just make sure you don't raid the wrong people that are backed by an alliance, or you can say bye-bye to your nation.

Edited by Damianidis
Mistakenly sent it.
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Damianidis said:

Here are some tips:

1st: Don't grow food on your own.

It is not recommended that ''small'' nations (small meaning new) grow food because it isn't practical. Instead of investing your precious improvements on farms, invest them to mines. With mines, you can get resources to make power stations and more. If you think you have too much of a certain resource, try trading it for money on the trade section in the game. Of course, you can't let your nation starve, so with the money you got from trading, purchase a few thousand food.

2nd: Join an alliance.

No nation in Politics and War can become self sufficient, because no nation can get all of the resources by mining them. Of course you can get any resource you want through the market (Trade section) but that's impractical, and you can lose money REALLY quick. One way to get resources for cheap or for no price at all is to join an alliance. There are many alliances in Politics and War. Just go to the alliance recruitment page and find the alliance you want. It might be hard to find an alliance these days due to the Global War, but there are some that aren't participating.

3rd: Raid.

Raiding is one of the most sufficient ways to get resources of any kind. Of course, raiding requires you to build a military, so don't forget that. Just make sure you don't raid the wrong people that are backed by an alliance, or you can say bye-bye to your nation.

Thanks for the tips. I am almost done with my new user bonus thing so I will probably start raiding soon. Im looking for an alliance. And am currently in the process of switching over my food from self grown to mines for trade. :)

14 hours ago, Kratos said:

giphy.gif

Hiiiiiii :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 12:59 AM, Kratos said:

So, did you joined any alliance yet? Most gud & reputable alliances in orbis don't accept absolute newbies unless you show potential to get gud ,if i were you i would have played the game for like 1 month (solo) to understand basic mechanics , building upto 10 cities alongwith cheap useful projects (probably IA & PB) , reading wiki, forums to get a grasp of obvious & finding what play-style i truly like , Econ or Pirate cause you just can't decide that in 1 day you have to play for a bit these games are slow-pace you need to find what you like or you will get bored, try to get into alliances who are politically profound , have gud growth programs , not afraid to war, guides and mentorships.
Never join a micro, know who are the world-leaders in orbis whose decisions play a role in orbis politics etc. 

Happy Gaming :) 

Personally, one of the first things I did after joining this game was find an Alliance. I'm glad I did, I think they helped to make sure that I didn't make a lot of beginner mistakes. 

• Upvote 1

Doing the tutorial and then objectives is/was very helpful to me, I recommend you do both because not only do they teach you to play, you also get money rewards and as others said join a reputable alliance so there is less chance of you getting flattened by a powerful country, and stay in beige as long as possible. Welcome!