Ummm, What the Hell happened with radiation over this past weekend?

Buddy_Fuddy

2 minutes ago, Buddy_Fuddy said:

ok, Thanks. I was just wondering why when i left it i had a nat positive and then came back overnight to -200 tons food per day.

Jokes aside. A Global War has broken out. 1000+ nations at war. 100s of nukes have been launched over the past week. Food production lowers as radiation rises. 

Edited by Kosta
Grammer
  • Upvote 5

Sorry, im new. Dont really know where stuff goes

3 minutes ago, Kosta said:

Jokes aside. A Global War has broken out. 1000+ nations at war. 100s of nukes have been launched over the past week. Food production lowers as radiation rises. 

Thats Fantastic. Good thing im still in beige... I dont feel like getting nuked

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Just a headsup, that people in PNW really, really don't like people that try to avoid war (pixel hug). It's in the name, Politics and War;)

And you also have applied to one of the alliances that is fighting, so not sure how that's going to work out for you :P

Also, why are you producing food at your size? That's only for large people with generally 30+ cities and a lot of land (3000 and above).

Edited by legovdlp
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Buddy_Fuddy said:

Yeah, i get that. but im still trying to get my bearings. i dont even know how to do anything war related (im like day 6). Is food production not usually done by smaller countries? like i said, im pretty new and dont really know what i doing

You'll get used to the mechanics in due time. :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

36 minutes ago, Buddy_Fuddy said:

Yeah, i get that. but im still trying to get my bearings. i dont even know how to do anything war related (im like day 6). Is food production not usually done by smaller countries? like i said, im pretty new and dont really know what i doing

No, it's not usually done by smaller countries because to make it worthwhile, you need a good bit of land. Especially with the radiation happening now, I'd probably switch to something else. It'll last a little while lol.

• Upvote 2

BrOQBND.jpg

29 minutes ago, Buddy_Fuddy said:

Food is indeed mainly produced by the largest nations since they're the only ones that can (and have) afforded the tremendous cost of setting up a modern agricultural industry. Smaller nations don't have the land area or bonus project usually, so they're much better off producing mineral or oil wealth instead. Now, you're in North America, which means that you should right now be trying to produce either coal, iron, or uranium.

I would highly suggest you go for uranium. Coal and iron are used for steel, which is useful in war but it's not nearly as useful as it used to be. Basically, demand isn't going to go up that much even on account of the war. Meanwhile, uranium is used for pretty much all nations' power plants as well as being indispensable for nuclear weapons production, both of which are absolutely in demand and will remain so until the end of the war. (Though you might find it relatively difficult to get it to your buyers, since there's currently no way to smuggle an actual trade through a blockade.)

Food would be amazing if you could produce it, but... well, you can't. And it is way absurdly expensive, to the point that you would actually be losing money by feeding your people. (For reference, the only effect of running out of food is your commerce goes down. A bit. And at your range, commerce isn't even worth getting at the best of times.)

Tl;dr: Talk to people. Alliance leaders, etc, and see if you can find an alliance that fits with your playstyle. Do bear in mind of course that all alliances worth considering are either at war right now or are always at war anyway, but with only 3 cities you're in a perfect position to make a TON of money by declaring wars on the battered hulks of nations that have gotten blown up in the war.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

No, it's not usually done by smaller countries because to make it worthwhile, you need a good bit of land. Especially with the radiation happening now, I'd probably switch to something else. It'll last a little while lol.

At this point im not farming for money im just farming so i dont get the 2/3 reduction to everything. even though i could do other things with my land

1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Food is indeed mainly produced by the largest nations since they're the only ones that can (and have) afforded the tremendous cost of setting up a modern agricultural industry. Smaller nations don't have the land area or bonus project usually, so they're much better off producing mineral or oil wealth instead. Now, you're in North America, which means that you should right now be trying to produce either coal, iron, or uranium.

I would highly suggest you go for uranium. Coal and iron are used for steel, which is useful in war but it's not nearly as useful as it used to be. Basically, demand isn't going to go up that much even on account of the war. Meanwhile, uranium is used for pretty much all nations' power plants as well as being indispensable for nuclear weapons production, both of which are absolutely in demand and will remain so until the end of the war. (Though you might find it relatively difficult to get it to your buyers, since there's currently no way to smuggle an actual trade through a blockade.)

Food would be amazing if you could produce it, but... well, you can't. And it is way absurdly expensive, to the point that you would actually be losing money by feeding your people. (For reference, the only effect of running out of food is your commerce goes down. A bit. And at your range, commerce isn't even worth getting at the best of times.)

Tl;dr: Talk to people. Alliance leaders, etc, and see if you can find an alliance that fits with your playstyle. Do bear in mind of course that all alliances worth considering are either at war right now or are always at war anyway, but with only 3 cities you're in a perfect position to make a TON of money by declaring wars on the battered hulks of nations that have gotten blown up in the war.

Thanks for the davice :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Marco Polo said:

It is best for you to join an alliance that will help you out and allow you to go on raids at your level. Raids are the only thing that will help small new players like yourself.

Thanks, Ill look for an allience to join :)

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

I want to ask what color trade blocks do/ how they work. How can I get out of grey?

go to edit nation... select a color then actually save the changes

as for wat they do ... there is a color bonus each turn

imma just go find the wiki page... brb

https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/Color

checking ur nation ur on black so ur not gunna get the color bonus for  that alliance

id join arrgh so you can learn the important mechanics of the game first since it matches your color choice

also since ur already raiding id swap to the pirate policy instead of moneybags
and make sure to buy infra to the nearest hundred then in groups of 100 following that cause it costs more other wise

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr

6 hours ago, Buddy_Fuddy said:

I want to ask what color trade blocks do/ how they work. How can I get out of grey?

What Kata said.

Just make sure you don't join green or maroon, that way lies only tears and regret.

On 11/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, Buddy_Fuddy said:

I was trying to figure out what happened to my food production and then i saw the Radiation. why is it 100% almost everywhere. What happened in the 2 days i took a break?

What is Camelot teaching you over there that you're producing food at 5 cities and 1500 land?

For all their talk of "Disband and Join Cam" They really don't make it appealing. :D

• Haha 3

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

On 11/4/2020 at 12:36 PM, Marco Polo said:

It is best for you to join an alliance that will help you out and allow you to go on raids at your level. Raids are the only thing that will help small new players like yourself.

Not necessarily. If you have the time and the patience for playing the market, you can do quite well by it. A friend of mine hasn't even left beige yet but he's already gotten 10 million by offering to buy at the highest price, then offering to sell at the lowest. The trick is to always be looking resources whose buy offer/sell offer spread makes it worth the time to go chasing after sellers/buyers. Well, more like constantly adjusting prices, can get pretty dull. I honestly wish there were a feature in game that could do this for you automatically, but I know it's the reverse, people get banned if they use a bot to do it. I neither attacked or was attacked by anyone for the first 2 months that I played. Only 2 wars I got into after that were both because of the global war. 

Edited by Phoenyx

@Phoenix

I mean, people do that, yes, but 10m isn't much and you can make a lot more from raiding. (You can also use the market without being on beige). Milking beige and avoiding wars isn't what most would consider a good playstyle, since you're missing a large portion of the game.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Borg said:

@Phoenix

I mean, people do that, yes, but 10m isn't much and you can make a lot more from raiding. (You can also use the market without being on beige). Milking beige and avoiding wars isn't what most would consider a good playstyle, since you're missing a large portion of the game.

The whole war thing is a part of the game I generally prefer missing out on :-p. However, I did initiate and win 2 wars in this global war thing at the request of my former Alliance. And also lots of political posts here in this Forum.

• Downvote 1

On 11/4/2020 at 5:25 AM, Malleator said:

This does not belong in Orbis Central.

Wow, Malleator being a little salty !@#$ in this thread. Gotta downvote that new player every time for posting in the right forums amirite? XD

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

However, I did initiate and win 2 wars in this global war thing at the request of my former Alliance.

Nowhere near good enough! If you hadn't been kicked for not complying with a gag order (literally by your own admission), I suspect you'd have been kicked for wartime negligence. E$ certainly would have.

The only alliances in existence that won't kick you for failing to fight on their behalf during a war are alliances with no IA departments whatsoever, and in those cases you'd never be able to avoid getting slotted by raiders.

It used to be that you could reliably avoid war by having literally zero score, but now that everyone has a natural 10 score you can't avoid war even that way.

Sorry bub, but you're going to have to fight, one way or another.