Glitched Attacks/MAP calculations

Hughes

13 minutes ago, Hughes said:

It seems that Military Action Point deduction after doing attacks is broken. 

So, I had a war that I thought I was safe from being defeated in, here is the war card from 11:44 pm game time:

image.png.922e583a6c1feecb01969404d0fce271.png

52 resistance is too much to take down in one series of attacks, even with 3 successful navals, costing 12 MAPs and doing 42 resistance. He only had 4 MAPs after daychange, but soon after daychange, I receive a notification saying that "Lawnistan has defeated you in war," and notifications that he had naval attacked me three times and did a ground for the beige.

image.thumb.png.f93033cc5c3825e2db98d863baba57f9.png

I checked war timeline to confirm. Sure enough, he only should have had 4 Military Action Points, but was able to do attacks that should have cost 15 MAPs within only a couple minutes and was able to defeat me. I know this was a problem earlier this year or last year, where players could spam naval attacks to do a ton of attacks and even defeat instantly at once without having the required MAPs, this looks pretty similar to that.

2 minutes ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

The same glitch occured to me twice in a war against the same defender (i opened a ticket after the first instance) and I have seen it on multiple other occasions during the recent global conflict.

It's been an Exploit for a while. Alex never could figure out why and never fixed it. The fact that it's been done to two different people demonstrates he clearly knew what hwas doing and was intentionally employing a game exploit. This should be in the game reports section for cheating.

• Like 2

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

I did it recently: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=782216

Just bashed the attack button. I think pressing back after an attack might have something to do with it?

Another possibility was that it was at 12 MAPs for a long time so it might actually be exactly 15 MAPs, but it wasn't subtracted on the first hit.

Edited by Rin

• Administrators

Thank you all for letting me know. I am working on a fix, but it is hard to reproduce this issue at will, which makes it hard to know if any particular fix has worked. I have been tinkering with the code though, so keep reporting these occurrences. When they finally stop, I'll know that the issue is fixed.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rin said:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=800379

I did an air attack with 12 MAP. Still have 9 left. I think the big might be that it's collecting unused MAPs but not displaying it past 12.

I thought this might be the case as well, I've had wars where an airstrike only cost 2 MAPs, and iirc I was sitting on 12 MAPs at the time.

• Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

• 2 weeks later...

Had this happen just now against me in a conflict. Since I have no units and am at unlootable money minimums, only infrastructure damage and MAP loss was incurred.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=813278

12/07/2020 04:59 pm

King Siinuupewa of Chokoku ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Paradisum led by Imperator Dei Zed and eliminated 10 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. King Siinuupewa's forces lost 94 soldiers and 0 tanks, while Imperator Dei Zed's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 126.57 infrastructure in the city of Siddhashila and 0 improvements. King Siinuupewa stole $0.00 in the attack.

12/07/2020 05:00 pm

King Siinuupewa of Chokoku ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Paradisum led by Imperator Dei Zed and eliminated 10 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. King Siinuupewa's forces lost 117 soldiers and 0 tanks, while Imperator Dei Zed's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 125.06 infrastructure in the city of Universe Heat Death and 0 improvements. King Siinuupewa stole $0.00 in the attack.

King Siinuupewa of Chokoku ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Paradisum led by Imperator Dei Zed and eliminated 10 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. King Siinuupewa's forces lost 111 soldiers and 0 tanks, while Imperator Dei Zed's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 126.49 infrastructure in the city of Shangri-La and 1 improvements. King Siinuupewa stole $0.00 in the attack.

King Siinuupewa of Chokoku ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Paradisum led by Imperator Dei Zed and eliminated 10 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. King Siinuupewa's forces lost 104 soldiers and 0 tanks, while Imperator Dei Zed's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 149.96 infrastructure in the city of Shamayim and 0 improvements. King Siinuupewa stole $0.00 in the attack.

12/07/2020 05:01 pm

King Siinuupewa of Chokoku ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Paradisum led by Imperator Dei Zed and eliminated 10 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. King Siinuupewa's forces lost 90 soldiers and 0 tanks, while Imperator Dei Zed's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 129.19 infrastructure in the city of Valhalla and 0 improvements. King Siinuupewa stole $0.00 in the attack.

• Like 1

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Zed said:

Had this happen just now against me in a conflict. Since I have no units and am at unlootable money minimums, only infrastructure damage and MAP loss was incurred.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=813278

Thank you for letting me know.

• Like 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So good, it happened again.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=813406

12/08 04:50 am    Emperor Viriato of Portuguese ordered a ground attack upon your nation of Paradisum. The attack was an immense triumph. Emperor Viriato's forces lost 100 soldiers and 0 tanks, while your defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. You used 0.00 tons of munitions and 0.00 tons of gasoline defending the attack. The attack destroyed 32.30 infrastructure in the city of Purgatorium. Emperor Viriato stole $0.00 in the attack and destroyed 0 improvements.

12/08 04:50 am    Emperor Viriato of Portuguese has defeated you in war. You have forfeited $46,724, 0 Coal, 0 Oil, 272 Uranium, 0 Iron, 0 Bauxite, 0 Lead, 261 Gasoline, 304 Munitions, 359 Steel, 200 Aluminum, and 4,037 Food and lost 4.2% of the infrastructure in each of your cities in exchange for peace. Your nation has been automatically moved to the Beige Protection Color Trade Bloc for 24 turns. This prevents new war declarations on your nation.

12/08 04:50 am    Your alliance bank has been looted! Emperor Viriato of Portuguese took $234,860, 0 Coal, 30 Oil, 22 Uranium, 10 Iron, 2 Bauxite, 23 Lead, 45 Gasoline, 36 Munitions, 59 Steel, 40 Aluminum, and 362 Food.

12/08 04:50 am    Emperor Viriato of Portuguese ordered a ground attack upon your nation of Paradisum. The attack was an immense triumph. Emperor Viriato's forces lost 117 soldiers and 0 tanks, while your defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. You used 0.00 tons of munitions and 0.00 tons of gasoline defending the attack. The attack destroyed 32.33 infrastructure in the city of Tian. Emperor Viriato stole $0.00 in the attack and destroyed 0 improvements.

12/08 04:50 am    Emperor Viriato of Portuguese ordered a ground attack upon your nation of Paradisum. The attack was an immense triumph. Emperor Viriato's forces lost 85 soldiers and 0 tanks, while your defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. You used 0.00 tons of munitions and 0.00 tons of gasoline defending the attack. The attack destroyed 34.00 infrastructure in the city of Purgatorium. Emperor Viriato stole $0.00 in the attack and destroyed 0 improvements.

12/08 04:49 am    Emperor Viriato of Portuguese ordered a ground attack upon your nation of Paradisum. The attack was an immense triumph. Emperor Viriato's forces lost 96 soldiers and 0 tanks, while your defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. You used 0.00 tons of munitions and 0.00 tons of gasoline defending the attack. The attack destroyed 34.03 infrastructure in the city of Tian. Emperor Viriato stole $0.00 in the attack and destroyed 0 improvements.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.