[DoW] Look What You Made Me Do

Vexz

3 hours ago, Benfro said:

How would we ever know about TCW’s upper tier in this hypothetical? 7 of their largest nations have already gone VM while on the winning side. War dodging while on the dog piling side is some sort of new mental gymnastics that I’ll never be able to understand. 

Gotta dodge them 80% odds nukes, I guess

3 hours ago, Benfro said:

How would we ever know about TCW’s upper tier in this hypothetical? 7 of their largest nations have already gone VM while on the winning side. War dodging while on the dog piling side is some sort of new mental gymnastics that I’ll never be able to understand. 

You know TCW really wants to take down Quack... but they'll let their new friends do all of the you know... fighting. 

• Haha 1

big_morph-sig.jpg.dc5493086dfd6fa978316880fe6a6c62.jpg

The Knights Radiant 
Ghostblood Babsk of Foreign Affairs

Journey before Destination.

Leaving this here for reference. The entirety of your booo dogpile talk is irrelevant.

For all your talk of minispheres and fair fights, one of your sphere leaders has just openly admitted to every single world we've said so far being entirely correct.

Edited by Prefonteen

os9LcJK.gif

8 hours ago, Cooper_ said:

This declaration is probably the defining point of this war, perhaps of the entire post-IQ era.  Unfortunately, I think this is true for the wrong reasons.  The war was expected to be a HM/Swamp v Quack.  I'm not sure who would've won, but it would've been close.  But my qualms aren't limited to what could’ve been  the makeup of an excitingly competitive war, they mostly lie with the lasting repercussions on the meta.  A lot of the ideas that Rose suggested y'all stood for have been abandoned here.  At one point, you seemed to believe in the ideas of a balanced, multipolar world and fighting in wars for the sake of the meta.  

Now, that's no longer the case.  Things have changed.  There's an interesting juxtaposition you can create between the declaration here and the declaration at the beginning of Dial-Up.  In one, you were outnumbered, outgunned, and fighting against a plot to gang up on a smaller sphere.  Today, you are outnumbering, outgunning and fighting with a plot to dogpile another sphere.  In the first case, the claims about fairness and the meta made a lot of sense, and earned you a lot of fans like many of us in Quack.  Yet here we are where we're faced with the same set of justifications that ring hollow in a set of circumstances that belies your cause to enter.  It's hard to make better wars from the former as you stipulate in the OP when this scenario is reminiscent of the same former chicanery in past wars, entering without a CB and without regard for the consequences on the meta.  

The situation is further complicated by the stances y'all have taken for months if not years preceding this war on what the meta should look like.  Outwardly, there seemed to be Rose buy-in to the concept of a world with many powers that isn't constrained by consolidation.  Inwardly, those principles weren't applied.  Rose's entry has solidified the resolve of Quack.  Many of us were expecting significant changes in the composition of spheres and a serious shift in power as a consequence of the war with HM/Swamp.  This might've (perhaps was even likely to have) resulted in the breakup and restructuring of Quack and/or Swamp, the two largest spheres in the game.  Personally, that's where I saw value.  There were a lot of moving parts and numerous opportunities to see the dynamic in Orbis radically change, a true expression of elusive dynamism in Orbis.  It’s going to take a lot for that to be considered again.

I don't know what the political result of this will be.  The entry has mortared any cracks in Quack internals and effectively isolated us from the rest of the game.  The expectation that we'll see a significant restructuring after this is now in flux.  This is the most disappointing part.  It's also where I see the most hypocrisy for any real motivations about the meta, sphere size, or any sort of principles.  Bipolarity and stagnation is something I fear, and the necessary ingredients were assembled here.  Heck, it even defeats the purported CBs and reasons behind the other sphere's war too.  The corruption of these values is full-thickness.  And maybe that doesn't mean much to most people.  To the born-and-bred TKR guy, this is everything.

I’m struggling with understanding how you see us moving forward from here, Quack and Orbis.  I don’t want this to happen.  No one in Quack wants this to happen.  A move to bipolarity and stagnation like we saw in the past is demonstrably harmful, yet it’s seeming more and more inevitable.  The conditions are already unfavorable, and we’re going to need to see change (and a lot of it) if we hope to stop this.

Yet despite all of this, we still don't have a reason behind the entry–if there really even is one.  The series of shifting rationales we've been given haven't added up.  The few lines we've been given here aren't effective either.  For such a large-scoping decision and for all of the good faith we have–I have–afforded you, this merits more.  The future of Orbis that you've catalyzed deserves at least some better explanation for the decision made here.  

I hope you consider this.  I hope the damage is reparable.

Tugging at my heart strings, this is surely noted. Our dms are also open for you Cooper, don't be shy now, you were persistent before, don't stop now ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, Vexz said:

Tugging at my heart strings, this is surely noted. Our dms are also open for you Cooper, don't be shy now, you were persistent before, don't stop now ;)

To be clear - why is the onus on Cooper or TKR to initiate contact after we and our allies were hit by Rose?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Benfro said:

To be clear - why is the onus on Cooper or TKR to initiate contact after we and our allies were hit by Rose?

Cooper and I had a little catch up with things, but he had made it clear to me that he and you weren't yet ready emotionally to speak about in game, so I left it there. Which is why I said in my post that if he wanted, he could reach out to me in dms, not to be dismissive of his feelings and beliefs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Vexz said:

Cooper and I had a little catch up with things, but he had made it clear to me that he and you weren't yet ready emotionally to speak about in game, so I left it there. Which is why I said in my post that if he wanted, he could reach out to me in dms, not to be dismissive of his feelings and beliefs.

I am definitely emotionally ready to speak about your part in this dogpile. Happy to function as a mouthpiece for friend @Adrienne with her permission.

Sounds fun?

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

11 minutes ago, Vexz said:

Look at this.

You literally claimed you weren't being dismissive of his feelings and dismissed them in the same paragraph just here. 

How are we supposed to believe your first comment was made in good will?

You seem like a conceited backpedaling jackass to me, if I'm being honest. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Rose should feel utterly ashamed for not considering the emotional wellbeing of the mighty Syndicate members and her allies before declaring war against them.

We will not let this stand!

• Like 3

XLL3z4T.gif

6 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Rose should feel utterly ashamed for not considering the emotional wellbeing of the mighty Syndicate members and her allies before declaring war against them.

We will not let this stand!

Hey, I'm a conceited jackass too. 

But I don't backpedal.

If they're going to be insensitive and drag it into a public forum, they need to stick to their guns or apologize authentically, as far as I'm concerned. 

I'll say at the very least I respect them for not running a racket as Econ mgmt and stealing from their members. They've got that going for them at least!

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

1 minute ago, Sisyphus said:

Hey, I'm a conceited jackass too. 

But I don't backpedal.

If they're going to be insensitive and drag it into a public forum, they need to stick to their guns or apologize authentically, as far as I'm concerned. 

I'll say at the very least I respect them for not running a racket as Econ mgmt and stealing from their members. They've got that going for them at least!

I agree, this insensitivity cannot go unpunished!

And you sir are truly an inspiration to us all, a cyclist amongst men!

• Like 1

XLL3z4T.gif

Just now, Prefonteen said:

if more syndicate members were like this, we'd be rich off of dubiously acquired banks.

Indeed, I am truly the most Loyal Syndicate Supporter.

I shall continue to set an example for my fellows.

XLL3z4T.gif

alright you guys want a cb, ill give u a cb. let me tell u a story to offer some context

Valk: Hey partisan lets go play frisbee golf

partisan: ok partner, that sounds great

they took off towards the folf course, discs in hand and valk readies up to start his first throw, eyes narrowed on the bucket

partisans phone rings, "friday" by rebecca black playing over and over again while he refuses to answer it so he can "enjoy the song". 

valk whiffs the shot. fricking rebecca black. partisan. took everything from him. valk announces his immediate folf retirement and travels the world

he sees all kinds of people and places. One day he came across a giant hedge, no other path but through it. as he is making his way through the hedge, pushing all the branches out of the way he starts to realize that there is money instead of leaves on this hedge. 

as he finally reaches the other side of the hedge he cant help but don a big smile. As he looks across the swamp in front of him he knows exactly how he will exact his revenge.