[DoW] Look What You Made Me Do

Vexz

1 minute ago, Phoenyx said:

My Swamp source not only doesn't want their identity revealed, they don't even want me to put what they said in to my own words. However, I will say this- they don't seem to be a fan of Sphynx. You -think- that the people I have spoken to are lying, but you don't know who they are. I do. I honestly think they should say their own thing here, but they just feel that their words will be twisted and it will be worse than saying nothing at all. I think it's sad that the highest ranking member in an Alliance in Swamp talking here is me, but there you have it. 

Tbh, they're right, more often than not, the best thing to say is nothing.  Not being a fan of Sphinx has no bearing their willingness to cooperate to attack someone they like even less.  Just ask the hedge/swamp coalition that rolled tCW a few months ago and couldn't stand working with each other, even before the war started.

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

26 minutes ago, Hime-sama said:

It feels like you're missing a lot of information, information that is publicly available on these forums. I would urge you to go read up more and digest it all, instead of solely what your coalition leadership has fed to you and asking us to reexplain things that have already been thoroughly explained.

If you think I'm missing some important piece of information, you can always link it to me. I think few if anyone with 11 cities has done as much as I have to try to understand the root causes of this conflict and I've also paid a heavy price for doing so. 

15 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

No, it is not. Agreements between Commonwealth, Swamp, HM and Rose (different agreements, to varying degrees) were in place before we fired a shot. In fact, we attacked *because* we found out about that.

I thought you guys attacked because you thought you were going to be attacked first, as Boyce said. 

2 minutes ago, Lossi said:

Tbh, they're right, more often than not, the best thing to say is nothing.  Not being a fan of Sphinx has no bearing their willingness to cooperate to attack someone they like even less.  Just ask the hedge/swamp coalition that rolled tCW a few months ago and couldn't stand working with each other, even before the war started.

I've been sitting on a quote for what feels like a very long time (in fact only written yesterday afternoon). This is the guy that doesn't even want me to say what he said in my own words. I just think it's so very important that you hear something from someone who is -actually- high up in Swamp instead of my own interpretations. So here it is:

The whole point, war was started on conjecture.    Sphinx is a known selective leaker.    Chaos bloc, among others, started a preemptive war based on something that even if discussed wasn’t even in the planning phases from a military build up stand point. This war...started by a leak of a former ally of Sphinx who took a convo he had with Sphinx claiming swamp wanted to hit Quack.    It’s nonsense.   Ludicrous in fact.   It’s the entire game against Quack right now and we are barely winning.    Swamp vs Quack would have been a blood bath and had I ever even been approached about such a thing,  I would have opposed it with every fiber of my being because it would have lead my fellow alliance and bloc members to the slaughterhouse.

5 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

If you think I'm missing some important piece of information, you can always link it to me. I think few if anyone with 11 cities has done as much as I have to try to understand the root causes of this conflict and I've also paid a heavy price for doing so. 

I think you're missing a lot of important information, too much for me to dig up and link at your leisure. If you really want the truth, go read the recent threads from since the war started, and the posts contained therein.

I do commend you, at least, for trying, especially as a newer nation and despite your past alliances' wishes. Good luck.

• Like 2

Look up to the sky above~

1 minute ago, Hime-sama said:

I think you're missing a lot of important information, too much for me to dig up and link at your leisure. If you really want the truth, go read the recent threads from since the war started, and the posts contained therein.

I do commend you, at least, for trying, especially as a newer nation and despite your past alliances' wishes. Good luck.

I don't need to get fully educated right away, you know :-p. Baby steps. One link would be good for starters.

59 minutes ago, Lossi said:

As a former guardian, I won't trash those guys because I still have the utmost respect for them.  But you should realize and understand, there's a huge difference between between the story leaders tell each other, vs stories they tell members while they're on the winning side and don't need to care about the pr fallout of their statements.

Yo its been a while Rosey (Its Juha), I'm well aware of what you're saying here and you're absolutely right. I really don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but from what I can tell I don't think the leaders are being dishonest regarding their roles leading up to the war. Although it means nothing coming from me, I can tell you none of the leaders (atleast in Guardian) have even pushed a narrative regarding war, its more or less just business as usual. I haven't been sold anything by anyone, I just hopped on the forums as an observer and formed my every opinion based on the arguments presented.

36 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I don't need to get fully educated right away, you know :-p. Baby steps. One link would be good for starters.

I have to agree with Hime here, Partisan's DoW on Hedge and tCW is where it all started.

Edited by Arric II Vysera
Sorry for the spam
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arric II Vysera said:

I have to agree with Hime here, Partisan's DoW on Hedge and Swamp is where it all started.

Link? I suspect you're talking about a thread that I have participated in, but haven't read from the beginning, namely this one:

Edited by Phoenyx

10 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Link? I suspect you're talking about a thread that I have participated in, but haven't read from the beginning, namely this one:

That's the one. Just read everything outlined in the OP first and just the arguments given by the leadership of each side. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arric II Vysera said:

That's the one. Just read everything outlined in the OP first and just the arguments given by the leadership of each side. 

I read the first few pages, but man, that thread is long -.-. I think I've read enough for now at any rate. Also been participating in the last few pages. 

Edited by Phoenyx

4 minutes ago, MCMaster-095 said:

“Barely winning” is not how I would describe this war. None of us have any military, those who’re able to build anything up get it instantly destroyed, and when we come out of beige we get instantly slotted.

Honestly, I've always felt this fellow underestimates the strength of his side, but that can come in handy sometimes- if you tend to underestimate your side's strength, it's hard to be disappointed :-p. Anyway, as far as I can see, I am the only Swamp member posting here and from all the time I've spent in Swamp and the Swamp Alliances within (pretty much most of the 2 months I've played PAW), they are a very defensive group. Suggesting that Swamp would go on the attack is kind of like suggesting a hedgehog would do so. I mean yes, I suppose it's possible, but the much more likely situation is that they won't. But you attack them and theirs first and well, think hedgehog.

The thing I'm thinking about the most is, this war can easily stop. From what Vexz said earlier, Rose is willing to end this. Based on what this senior Swamp official said, I can easily imagine the same. Why not give peace negotiations a go?

8 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Honestly, I've always felt this fellow underestimates the strength of his side, but that can come in handy sometimes- if you tend to underestimate your side's strength, it's hard to be disappointed :-p. Anyway, as far as I can see, I am the only Swamp member posting here and from all the time I've spent in Swamp and the Swamp Alliances within (pretty much most of the 2 months I've played PAW), they are a very defensive group. Suggesting that Swamp would go on the attack is kind of like suggesting a hedgehog would do so. I mean yes, I suppose it's possible, but the much more likely situation is that they won't. But you attack them and theirs first and well, think hedgehog.

The thing I'm thinking about the most is, this war can easily stop. From what Vexz said earlier, Rose is willing to end this. Based on what this senior Swamp official said, I can easily imagine the same. Why not give peace negotiations a go?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Anyway, as far as I can see, I am the only Swamp member posting here and from all the time I've spent in Swamp and the Swamp Alliances within (pretty much most of the 2 months I've played PAW), they are a very defensive group. Suggesting that Swamp would go on the attack is kind of like suggesting a hedgehog would do so. I mean yes, I suppose it's possible, but the much more likely situation is that they won't. But you attack them and theirs first and well, think hedgehog.

How is any of that relevant to the post you were responding to?

Look up to the sky above~

44 minutes ago, MCMaster-095 said:

“Barely winning” is not how I would describe this war. None of us have any military, those who’re able to build anything up get it instantly destroyed, and when we come out of beige we get instantly slotted.

I dunno, I think they're just terrible at war or something.  They're going to start bleeding cash like their efforts against Arrgh.  I tend to believe their struggles are only going to get a lot worse.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

1 hour ago, Hime-sama said:

How is any of that relevant to the post you were responding to?

The first part, the part you didn't quote, was my response to what he said. The second part was suggesting a course of action that would probably resolve the issues he'd raised. 

Leave it to one of the worst fighting AAs in the games history to again join the winning side of a dog pile. Can't say I'm surprised 😂.

On 11/12/2020 at 8:46 AM, Zues said:

Leave it to one of the worst fighting AAs in the games history to again join the winning side of a dog pile. Can't say I'm surprised 😂.

o6KdlVq.gif

Trust me, I'd like to ignore the past three or four years of history, too (for OOC reasons, granted ;)) - but in terms of Rose, thankfully it's no longer pre-2017!

On 11/14/2020 at 10:27 PM, Eumirbago said:

Gag Order Gag Order Gag Order Shit War Performance Gag Order Gag Order Gag Order

@Akuryo Gag Order Gag Order @Epi Gag Order Gag Order

hi Eumir, classic post, miss you 💕

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Like 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

5 hours ago, Kurdanak said:

o6KdlVq.gif

Trust me, I'd like to ignore the past three or four years of history, too (for OOC reasons, granted ;)) - but in terms of Rose, thankfully it's no longer pre-2017!

hi Eumir, classic post, miss you 💕

Just tell @Akuryo and @Epi how it really be bro ❤️ 

Edit: Shit I forgot @Grave

Edited by Eumirbago
Lxr4VfE.png