We are here for the whales - t$ DoW

Prefonteen

1 minute ago, Sisyphus said:

I’m not saying the people that made the community up were bad. 

I’m saying Buorhann offered nothing but “ “personality” “ to enrich it, so if he wants to compare track records, personally or based on alliance, he’s not going to come out the other end looking very qualified.

I appreciate your attempt at being controversial, but I’m afraid you don’t know enough about Buirhann’s communities nor mine to comment with any real substance.

Oh I wasn't attempting anything. Just merely commenting upon some emotional tantrum throwing which I found to be quite distasteful.

Untitled.png

Just now, Charles Bolivar said:

Oh I wasn't attempting anything. Just merely commenting upon some emotional tantrum throwing which I found to be quite distasteful.

If you actually had access to enough information to understand the full context, you’d understand my frustrations. 

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

4 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

I’m saying Buorhann offered nothing but “ “personality” “ to enrich it, so if he wants to compare track records, personally or based on alliance, he’s not going to come out the other end looking very qualified.

If you want me to wave my quack to prove you wrong on this, I can.  You’ll have to give me time since I’ll be digging back from...  what, 2014 to now?

7 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

If you actually had access to enough information to understand the full context, you’d understand my frustrations. 

Oh I have seen the basis or have been informed of the relevant particulars at least. What I have been priviy to just reminds me there is a fine distinction between the amusing and the petty.

Feel free to share and vent though 👍

Edited by Charles Bolivar

Untitled.png

4 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Oh I have seen the basis or have been informed of the relevant particulars at least. What I have been priviy to just reminds me there is a fine distinction between the amusing and the petty.

I never claimed that I wasn’t petty.

6 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

If you want me to wave my dick to prove you wrong on this, I can.  You’ll have to give me time since I’ll be digging back from...  what, 2014 to now?

I don’t doubt that you are vain enough to dump your time into the effort.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

I don’t doubt that you are vain enough to dump your time into the effort.

It's not about me or my achievements, I just like showing how idiotic people can be when I have the time to do so.  Especially when they make asinine statements like yours regarding someone (Even if that someone is me).

• Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

It's not about me or my achievements, I just like showing how idiotic people can be when I have the time to do so.  Especially when they make asinine statements like yours regarding someone (Even if that someone is me).

I think you need to give up Buo. Clearly you will never amount to much in his eyes. I mean how could you even approach his level of competency and care for community when you haven't pulled off anything aproaching this level of brilliance.

Deja vu perhaps?

Edited by Charles Bolivar
  • Upvote 1

Untitled.png

43 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

If you want me to wave my dick to prove you wrong on this, I can.  You’ll have to give me time since I’ll be digging back from...  what, 2014 to now?

I'm ready to dickwave.

42 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

As informed as the last time you informed yourself and came to t$ channels with your ahem, well formulated opinion?

• Haha 5

os9LcJK.gif

30 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

I think you need to give up Buo. Clearly you will never amount to much in his eyes. I mean how could you even approach his level of competency and care for community when you haven't pulled off anything aproaching this level of brilliance.

Deja vu perhaps?

Look everyone, this man has drudged up public and common knowledge against me! What a jaw dropper!

Hell, simply using that against us as a CB would’ve been better than this sham of excuses y’all have stitched together trying to cover your tracks postfacto.

Further highlighting the fact that your entire coalition doubled down on shrewd politicking with no material basis for action. 

It’s fine if that’s the play, but I’ll reiterate again it’s quite ridiculous to claim anything else is a factor.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

No idea where this thread has gone but I got bored after the back and forth.

I've been avoiding it because the cb is very lol-worthy and hardly worth the effort to even argue because there isn't one.

Yeah we've disliked the approach t$ and TKR have taken with the game, we prefer smaller spheres and they have instead continued to expand theirs. Despite us not wanting to have long-term relationship with Swamp (it's why we cancelled the ODP) it became apparent that having smaller spheres was not going to be great going forward if one sphere continued to sign. This led to having probably a closer relationship post-ODP than originally anticipated.

Swamp has issues with Quack for their own reasons and we discussed them at length. We made a commitment when you built up that if either was hit we'd help each other. Considering you hit their ally anyway, wasn't really a shock they came in.

Rose on the other hand was a shock. In fact our coalition believed close to the start of the war that they may not enter for us. That's not to say there was no pressure on them to join in and a case for why it wouldn't be in their interests to let Swamp or Hedge get rolled. Ultimately however we had no 'coalition' as you put it.

As for the "dogpile". Really? Some of you have actively planned and executed a dogpile. You never had an issue when it was on your side. Not to mention it seems like you were intent to have a dogpile here.

To brush this all aside and make out this is everyone elses fault is meh.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

6 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

No idea where this thread has gone but I got bored after the back and forth.

I've been avoiding it because the cb is very lol-worthy and hardly worth the effort to even argue because there isn't one.

Yeah we've disliked the approach t$ and TKR have taken with the game, we prefer smaller spheres and they have instead continued to expand theirs. Despite us not wanting to have long-term relationship with Swamp (it's why we cancelled the ODP) it became apparent that having smaller spheres was not going to be great going forward if one sphere continued to sign. This led to having probably a closer relationship post-ODP than originally anticipated.

Swamp has issues with Quack for their own reasons and we discussed them at length. We made a commitment when you built up that if either was hit we'd help each other. Considering you hit their ally anyway, wasn't really a shock they came in.

Rose on the other hand was a shock. In fact our coalition believed close to the start of the war that they may not enter for us. That's not to say there was no pressure on them to join in and a case for why it wouldn't be in their interests to let Swamp or Hedge get rolled. Ultimately however we had no 'coalition' as you put it.

As for the "dogpile". Really? Some of you have actively planned and executed a dogpile. You never had an issue when it was on your side. Not to mention it seems like you were intent to have a dogpile here.

To brush this all aside and make out this is everyone elses fault is meh.

Oh I’m sorry. It was 3/4s of y’all colluding and 1/4 tentatively colluding and ultimately supporting. Riiiiight. Much better.

So two parties are actively plotting, one is pledging unconditional support, and the other is bandwagoning in - and that’s the best case scenario.

And we aren’t complaining about the dogpile in and of itself. It’s the blatant hypocrisy and abandonment of principles in the process of reaching that dogpile that we’re abhorring.

3 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Neither TKR nor t$ has continued signing much if at all since the end of last war? Y'all have been peddling this stuff since the end of last war. To tiresome degrees.

I mean you spammed treaties in that war as well. Which was fine and I even supported it at the time because I expected for our side to have to deal with a dominant IQ. I'll grant you that most your additions to your sphere were under protectorates that then were upgraded but there never seemed to be any concern about your growing size.

For numbers the only people who were close to you was Swamp, who were in much lower tier entirely to you. I don't mind if you disagree with how you feel the game should be but I am kinda over large spheres that inevitably force a bi-polar world. I feel like I've been pretty consistent on this for a while now.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

1 minute ago, Keegoz said:

I mean you spammed treaties in that war as well. Which was fine and I even supported it at the time because I expected for our side to have to deal with a dominant IQ. I'll grant you that most your additions to your sphere were under protectorates that then were upgraded but there never seemed to be any concern about your growing size.

For numbers the only people who were close to you was Swamp, who were in much lower tier entirely to you. I don't mind if you disagree with how you feel the game should be but I am kinda over large spheres that inevitably force a bi-polar world. I feel like I've been pretty consistent on this for a while now.

We treatied TI and TKR in the face of an onslaught of IQ, with the the acknowledgement that we'd be fighting a repeat war if we even survived the initial war, and with the intention of preventing IQ from splitting our fronts?

Are you really using that as a justification for your horseshit?

os9LcJK.gif

2 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Oh I’m sorry. It was 3/4s of y’all colluding and 1/4 tentatively colluding and ultimately supporting. Riiiiight. Much better.

So two parties are actively plotting, one is pledging unconditional support, and the other is bandwagoning in - and that’s the best case scenario.

And we aren’t complaining about the dogpile in and of itself. It’s the blatant hypocrisy and abandonment of principles in the process of reaching that dogpile that we’re abhorring.

I guess you're quite upset about this. As the largest sphere in the game did you expect Hedge to take the position of just rolling over?

Having a conversation with other alliances after Quack decided to militarise out of the blue isn't against the rules. Swamp and Rose both have their own reasons for their dislike for you and ultimately joining against you.

2 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

We treatied TI and TKR in the face of an onslaught of IQ, with the the acknowledgement that we'd be fighting a repeat war if we even survived the initial war, and with the intention of preventing IQ from splitting our fronts?

Are you really using that as a justification for your horseshit?

You're also ignoring the IQ alliances that ultimately ditched IQ and swapped to your side (Carthago, OWR etc.). I even mentioned that I supported those ties. Heck I was in TKR supporting that tie when it was signed. However, none of us predicted IQ to straight up mass delete post-war.

11 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

I guess you're quite upset about this. As the largest sphere in the game did you expect Hedge to take the position of just rolling over?

Having a conversation with other alliances after Quack decided to militarise out of the blue isn't against the rules. Swamp and Rose both have their own reasons for their dislike for you and ultimately joining against you.

More confused, as most of this does not rhyme with your stated intentions and objectives. But alright.

We milled up because these "conversations" were confirmed to have been conducted, with agreements at their conclusion, prior to us milling up. Using our response as a postfacto justification is a it meh.

If i'm frank, KETOG has been the most straightforward party throughout this. We did not expect anything less than hostility from you (and that played a factor in our choice of opening the front on you, as we saw your entry as a 100% given). Fair game in that regard.

The "quack = IQ."  stuff from which the "quack man bad" flows is genuinely insulting though, considering the circumstance under which we fought them. When you prematurely peddled that we would not have it, and we won't now.

Regarding rose and swamp, im sure they both have their own reasons. Both of them have been less than straightforward with us over whatever it is that bugs them, and have failed to produce anything of note, and that's something that will (or won't, we'll see) be taken up between us and them, rather than you.

5 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

You're also ignoring the IQ alliances that ultimately ditched IQ and swapped to your side (Carthago, OWR etc.). I even mentioned that I supported those ties. Heck I was in TKR supporting that tie when it was signed. However, none of us predicted IQ to straight up mass delete post-war.

That occured midwar, last war. Again- how is any of this relevant to the postwar? Is that the foundation of your issue with us?

lol.

Edited by Prefonteen

os9LcJK.gif

7 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

“after” 

You have a right to have all the conversations and agreements you want to.

Pretending it’s justified on the basis of a “hegemonic track record” that doesn’t exist and comparisons to IQ (who we disdain with a passion, to the point that we’ve actually tempered our approach so as to avoid comparisons) is unacceptable to us.

Thank you for being straightforward at least, it’s refreshing, all of the moralistic posturing at the onset of this war really soured my pallet for good sportsmanship. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prefonteen said:

More confused, as most of this does not rhyme with your stated intentions and objectives. But alright.

We milled up because these "conversations" were confirmed to have been conducted, with agreements at their conclusion, prior to us milling up. Using our response as a postfacto justification is a it meh.

If i'm frank, KETOG has been the most straightforward party throughout this. We did not expect anything less than hostility from you (and that played a factor in our choice of opening the front on you, as we saw your entry as a 100% given). Fair game in that regard.

The "quack = IQ."  stuff from which the "quack man bad" flows is genuinely insulting though, considering the circumstance under which we fought them. When you prematurely peddled that we would not have it, and we won't now.

Regarding rose and swamp, im sure they both have their own reasons. Both of them have been less than straightforward with us over whatever it is that bugs them, and that's something that will (or won't, we'll see) be taken up between us and them, rather than you.

I don't remember actively calling you IQ. IQ was unique mainly because they actively cheated and wanted to make their enemies quit the game. We've all agreed to never allow that to happen again and I believe that you would always stick to that.

I have however expressed to some extent being concerned about the size of your sphere. This is what ultimately put us on the path to hositility. Albeit other issues do exist, I wouldn't say they on their own would have been enough to view you as a threat we'd need to do something about.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

I don't remember actively calling you IQ. IQ was unique mainly because they actively cheated and wanted to make their enemies quit the game. We've all agreed to never allow that to happen again and I believe that you would always stick to that.

I have however expressed to some extent being concerned about the size of your sphere. This is what ultimately put us on the path to hositility. Albeit other issues do exist, I wouldn't say they on their own would have been enough to view you as a threat we'd need to do something about.

Unfortunately, you are not the single mouthpiece for your sphere keegoz, and the IQ comparisons are numerous enough, both on the forums and in private channels, for us to view that as your (royal) narrative.

If you as a collective want to distance yourself from that, that's cool. Beyond that there are issues, but from our end it's less serious. We know the risks we took. As long as your colleagues keep beating the IQ drum, its hard for us to dignify your comments regarding sphere size.

os9LcJK.gif

Just now, Sisyphus said:

“after” 

You have a right to have all the conversations and agreements you want to.

Pretending it’s justified on the basis of a “hegemonic track record” that doesn’t exist and comparisons to IQ (who we disdain with a passion, to the point that we’ve actually tempered our approach so as to avoid comparisons) is unacceptable to us.

Thank you for being straightforward at least, it’s refreshing, all of the moralistic posturing at the onset of this war really soured my pallet for good sportsmanship. 

I mean, I'd argue t$ at points has had a hegemony but I really can't be bothered arguing over politics that happened 3+ years ago and the data to support any of that likely no longer exists anyway. It however was not on the scale of what IQ did.

I feel like comparisons to IQ come out much like how people stupidly relate things to a certain WWII leader. You take a characteristic or two and note that something else also has those traits. People forget however that those comparisons are easy to make with almost anything. There is probably an over-running of emotions in some cases as well.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Keegoz said:

I mean, I'd argue t$ at points has had a hegemony but I really can't be bothered arguing over politics that happened 3+ years ago and the data to support any of that likely no longer exists anyway. It however was not on the scale of what IQ did.

I feel like comparisons to IQ come out much like how people stupidly relate things to a certain WWII leader. You take a characteristic or two and note that something else also has those traits. People forget however that those comparisons are easy to make with almost anything. There is probably an over-running of emotions in some cases as well.

3 minutes ago, Theodosius said:

Ah yes, preparing to battle hordes of IQ in the forthcoming peace cycle, if we ever got to one that is, that would have likely not even put us at 1:1 odds with aforementioned party, is treaty spam designed to obviously become a hegemonehhh. Except, may I tickle your memory a little, you were a part of this plan and you are very well onboard tying up all majors who were left breathing so we can even have a chance to stand up to IQ. So like, why even try to use this argument.

Then came the February shenanigans. The war wasn't even over yet, the guinea pig's corpse was still warm, but the hyenas were already out for blood. Out of respect for your sphere's laundry though, I will skip this part. It's hardly for children's eyes.

So.. you cancelled the ODP with Swamp but clearly kept the paperless tie. In comparison, t$ has cancelled people it had during and before the last war, among which was TI and & who went on to create their own sphere. Along such cancellations, we have signed two ground roots protectorates at the beginning of the last peace cycle, who have grown incredibly since (props to BK and Eclipse). Sorry, are you accusing us and our allies for running, god forbid, *effective* alliances? @BK, you're gonna have to disband, I'm sorry. You're too big.

So, let us sum up this small spheres argument. On one hand, we have a newly minted sphere whom you have worked in two global wars - so, twice now. On the other, we have an old, historically friendly sphere who you have worked with more than I can count on my fingers. Allegedly separate spheres, ran by cordial FA partners, whom you work in a cohesive manner. I wonder if the dictionary has a word for that. Alas, I'd rather use a metaphor. Just because you're not married to your girlfriends, my old partner, does not mean you are not dipping it into them every night.

I have to comment on that Rose shock. Shit, you had me giggling. I am sure it was a true plot twist that after years of having a paperless tie to Rose, it was truly, overwhelmingly s h o c k i n g to have them on your side, mon cheri. Something that was, by the by, apparent ever since the February shenanigans, even if we conveniently ignore the history of said cooperation for a moment there. Perhaps at your next weekly FA cabal meeting with Abbas on Facebook, you should finally propose. It's time. Really. The girl has been waiting for years. Marry her, Keegoz. Make Abbas happy.

Pack it up, theo just murdered the thread.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

os9LcJK.gif

19 minutes ago, Theodosius said:

Ah yes, preparing to battle hordes of IQ in the forthcoming peace cycle, if we ever got to one that is, that would have likely not even put us at 1:1 odds with aforementioned party, is treaty spam designed to obviously become a hegemonehhh. Except, may I tickle your memory a little, you were a part of this plan and you are very well onboard tying up all majors who were left breathing so we can even have a chance to stand up to IQ. So like, why even try to use this argument.

Then came the February shenanigans. The war wasn't even over yet, the guinea pig's corpse was still warm, but the hyenas were already out for blood. Out of respect for your sphere's laundry though, I will skip this part. It's hardly for children's eyes.

So.. you cancelled the ODP with Swamp but clearly kept the paperless tie. In comparison, t$ has cancelled people it had during and before the last war, among which was TI and & who went on to create their own sphere. Along such cancellations, we have signed two ground roots protectorates at the beginning of the last peace cycle, who have grown incredibly since (props to BK and Eclipse). Sorry, are you accusing us and our allies for running, god forbid, *effective* alliances? @BK, you're gonna have to disband, I'm sorry. You're too big.

So, let us sum up this small spheres argument. On one hand, we have a newly minted sphere whom you have worked in two global wars - so, twice now. On the other, we have an old, historically friendly sphere who you have worked with more than I can count on my fingers. Allegedly separate spheres, ran by cordial FA partners, whom you work in a cohesive manner. I wonder if the dictionary has a word for that. Alas, I'd rather use a metaphor. Just because you're not married to your girlfriends, my old partner, does not mean you are not dipping it into them every night.

I have to comment on that Rose shock. Shit, you had me giggling. I am sure it was a true plot twist that after years of having a paperless tie to Rose, it was truly, overwhelmingly s h o c k i n g to have them on your side, mon cheri. Something that was, by the by, apparent ever since the February shenanigans, even if we conveniently ignore the history of said cooperation for a moment there. Perhaps at your next weekly FA cabal meeting with Abbas on Facebook, you should finally propose. It's time. Really. The girl has been waiting for years. Marry her, Keegoz. Make Abbas happy.

I feel like you guys are skipping over the parts of my posts where I openly admitted that I supported the ties and why we made them. Fact is the reason did disappear afterwards.

Never said you have to drop anyone, but don't be shocked that I dislike your relative size. If you remember when we tried to make smaller spheres in KT the aim was always to get IQ to split up to make it a reality. I haven't really had the energy or the time to push that hard for it this time around and a part of me had hoped it'd happen naturally.

We cancelled Swamp with the intention to move away because tCW was dealt with. We agreed to defend each other in the face of your militarisation (so like a week ago?), which yes was made easier due to a pre-existing relationship. 

I haven't spoken to abbas for months. I legit haven't been active for a month. This is your side of the narrative that you've tried to push since the end of the war. Although cute, factually incorrect. I think the last time I spoke to a Rose gov member was about my rl about a month ago (and it wasn't even abbas) to explain my absence from the game. Rose helping us when we were in KT shouldn't have been a shock. It was legit against IQ lol, they never helped us with anything but IQ. You know as well that it was a push to have them help in a few of those wars but hey if it makes you happy to put explain it all way with "abbas and Keegoz" so be it.