We are here for the whales - t$ DoW

Prefonteen

14 minutes ago, LukeTP said:

If there's one thing i've learned in my time playing PnW... people decide who they are going to attack, THEN go and find a CB afterwards. Once one side has decided to war the other, the reasoning for it is kind of irrelevant. Everyone won't just suddenly stop and go "actually, the CB was complete rubbish, let's have peace".

I agree, this war won't just stop because people suddenly realize the whole thing was started based on speculation with little to no evidence, but I think it could certainly start to wind things down at least. 

I have been told by someone I trust that Boyce is the leader of Terminus Est (TEst) and was long allied with Sphinx. This is why they talked so much. When TCW/Sphinx was allowed to join Swamp, he was told that he had to drop TEst because Swamp didn't want to get too large. It is the assertion of my source that Boyce was mad about this and therefore decided to leak the conversation he had with Sphinx. For my part, I have to question whether he really believed that TCW/Hedge/Swamp was going to attack Quack and if so, what the basis for it was. Because it seems to me that logs between Sphinx and Boyce only support the idea that TCW/Hedge/Swamp wanted to form a defensive Coalition should Quack attack.

• Haha 1

sigh

Can we if someone decides to leave the game awhile, please just, leave them be.

---

@Phoenyx With the "+" button you can quote multiple people at the same time, please make one instead of 30 forum posts in a row without anyone else talking inbetween.

Edited by BelgiumFury
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BelgiumFury said:

sigh

Can we if someone decides to leave the game awhile, please just, leave them be.

---

@Phoenyx With the "+" button you can quote multiple people at the same time, please make one instead of 30 forum posts in a row without anyone else talking inbetween.

2 posts isn't 30 -.-. I'm personally a fan of shorter posts myself, so I appreciate it when posts aren't that long. It seems that the forum software is kind of on your side though, since if I post 2 posts in succession quickly enough, the software will clump them together regardless of what I would prefer. This makes it harder to make thread trees for threads, which I have done in the past in other forums, but haven't yet done in Politics and War.

30 minutes ago, Sval said:

If you opened your mouth just a little wider, @Phoenyx, I am certain you could easily accommodate that second foot.

I think I've done fairly well considering how new I am to all of this.

21 minutes ago, Andreius1 said:

Stop talking and fight

People can talk while fighting you know. Some people quite enjoy talking about the reasoning behind wars with the opposing side (albeit some people like to talk in circles too). :v

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

1 hour ago, Andreius1 said:

Stop talking and fight

Now only army divisions matters most, not who is wrong or who is right

Pew pew pew

"In all history, there is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare. Only one who knows the disastrous effects of a long war can realize the supreme importance of rapidity in bringing it to a close." - Sun Tzu

51 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

"In all history, there is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare. Only one who knows the disastrous effects of a long war can realize the supreme importance of rapidity in bringing it to a close." - Sun Tzu

Bismarck would like to disagree.

38 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

To be fair, it probably was true when Sun Tzu wrote it over 2000 years prior ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed 😛

1 hour ago, Phoenyx said:

Otto von Bismarck? I don't mind a history lesson if you're interested in providing it...

He managed to unify the Germans because of the Franco Prussian war.

Edited by BelgiumFury

39 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

To be fair, it probably was true when Sun Tzu wrote it over 2000 years prior ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright, well here's something a bit more modern:

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

39 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

Agreed 😛

He managed to unify the Germans because of the Franco Prussian war.

Ok, but still not sure how that relates to long wars being ok doke :-p. 

17 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Alright, well here's something a bit more modern:

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ok, but still not sure how that relates to long wars being ok doke :-p. 

does 6 months of war sound short?

2 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Depends what war we're comparing it to. Certainly a lot shorter than the Hundred Years' War in Europe :-p. 

An interesting example, since that war pretty much benefited both France and England. Mostly because they were able to keep it off their turf and contained within the HRE.

War definitely benefits those that aren't directly in it.

4 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

In real life, sure that’s true, but this isn’t real life, and there aren’t any life or death consequences of war in this game, unless you count my brain cells and sanity, which this game has managed to kill off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

An interesting example, since that war pretty much benefited both France and England. Mostly because they were able to keep it off their turf and contained within the HRE.

War profiteers most of all :-p. 

10 minutes ago, MCMaster-095 said:

In real life, sure that’s true, but this isn’t real life, and there aren’t any life or death consequences of war in this game, unless you count my brain cells and sanity, which this game has managed to kill off.

Hey, one most consider those poor brain cells, lol :-p. 

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Actually China itself has benefitted through all of its history through internal strife, I know it contradicts Sun Tzu but yeahhh... he also lived during an age of 500 years of war, it was another 280 after Sun Tzu before China was restored very briefly by the Qin Emperor Qin Shi Huang. It's pretty ironic actually.

Edited by PhantomThiefB
words.. they need to be spelt right

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

8 minutes ago, PhantomThiefB said:

Actually China itself has benefitted through all of its history through internal strife, I know it contradicts Sun Tzu but yeahhh... he also lived during an age of 500 years of war, it was another 280 after Sun Tzu before China was restored very briefly by the Qin Emperor Qin Shi Huang. It's pretty ironic actually.

I think we could probably all agree that some wars are worth fighting for and others aren't and that real wars shuld only be used as a last resort. Game wars, well not quite, but still, I think a case can be made that it's best to use as a last resort there too. And certainly if one finds that one is in one and the reasons for the war starting are not as good as one originally supposed, that would make a good reason to start winding things down I would think. 

8 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

I have been told by someone I trust that Boyce is the leader of Terminus Est (TEst) and was long allied with Sphinx. This is why they talked so much. When TCW/Sphinx was allowed to join Swamp, he was told that he had to drop TEst because Swamp didn't want to get too large. It is the assertion of my source that Boyce was mad about this and therefore decided to leak the conversation he had with Sphinx. For my part, I have to question whether he really believed that TCW/Hedge/Swamp was going to attack Quack and if so, what the basis for it was. Because it seems to me that logs between Sphinx and Boyce only support the idea that TCW/Hedge/Swamp wanted to form a defensive Coalition should Quack attack.

I really enjoy reading your crazy spin. 

Did you read the logs?? Sphinx was pretty clear about the idea of offensively hitting Quack, not just talking about a defensive arrangement. 

big_morph-sig.jpg.dc5493086dfd6fa978316880fe6a6c62.jpg

The Knights Radiant 
Ghostblood Babsk of Foreign Affairs

Journey before Destination.

12 minutes ago, BigMorf said:

I really enjoy reading your crazy spin. 

Did you read the logs?? Sphinx was pretty clear about the idea of offensively hitting Quack, not just talking about a defensive arrangement. 

I read all the logs with Sphinx in them that I could get my hands on. I never saw him saying that TCW/HM/Swamp would attack first. I only saw Boyce say that. If you could point me to logs where Sphinx said that TCW/HM/Swamp was planning a first strike, buy all means, link them.