We are here for the whales - t$ DoW

Prefonteen

1 hour ago, Orcinus Orca said:

Meh. TKR doesn't deserve to get rolled. I've always been a fan of TKR, from them rolling us, to getting rolled alongside them, to rolling them. 

tS, on the other hand, definitely does, for the shenanigans they pulled while KETOG, Chaos, and Rose were fighting IQ. Yes, they got rolled by IQ in NPOLT, but not because of what they did to GG. They got rolled for doing shitty FA, and just getting outplayed by IQ.

Ik you are salty, and can't help being so, since you are James' prodigy, but let's not kid ourselves. Swamp isn't the one getting rolled atm. 

See, that's at least a lot more valid a justification/narrative to go with than all this "quack hegemony" talk. Guard/GOB in particular have plenty of reason to want a piece of t$ for our hit on them a year ago. I'd dispute the political context of the rest of KETOG where that is concerned due to preceeding diplomacy and/or provocations, but well, that's something that's been rehashed.

Y'all and y'alls allies/coalition mates decided to drum up the hurr durr quack=iQ talk while justifying plans for a game-wide dogpile though. That's something we feel is hilariously hypocritical, and something we have pre-empted.

For the GG stuff- I'm happy to talk with GG about that if they so please.

20 minutes ago, Arric II Vysera said:

Thanks pop. Came back at the right time too now that I'm beige. These posts attracted attention from nations who reminded me words here have an impact on my precious pixels.

I don't understand, what do you mean by (yet)*? That post outright says that Rose "was out". At worst the intention to roll you guys existed, but never become anything more than that and would've remained that way until further steps were taken in that direction. Is there something else to make you think otherwise?

I thought you attacked because you KNEW an attack was coming FOR SURE. That's not what said by Ron or any other leader to my knowledge. As far as I've seen the most damning thing here is that there were attempts to form a coalition to attack Quack, but that never went anywhere. You and several others made the claim that a hit by our spheres was imminent. Unless new revelations popped up and I'm essentially just wasting your time here, I don't think that proves that claim.

Wasn't even talking about me here, but ok. But the only reason I'm asking for proof is because I honestly think its lacking.

Now I don't mean to waterboard you with long posts, but I figure I'll include it here since I would be saying some of it here anyway. Its not really directed at anything you said to me, but a summary of everything said in this thread.

You put effort in to that. I can appreciate it, and will assume you're genuine. It sounds like some of the details that preceeded our entry are still a bit fuzzy to you. I'll try to respond more in depth sometime today (as i'm at work), with a more in-dept answer.

Stay strong until then!

• Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

4 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

See, that's at least a lot more valid a justification/narrative to go with than all this "quack hegemony" talk. Guard/GOB in particular have plenty of reason to want a piece of t$ for our hit on them a year ago. I'd dispute the political context of the rest of KETOG where that is concerned due to preceeding diplomacy and/or provocations, but well, that's something that's been rehashed.

Y'all and y'alls allies/coalition mates decided to drum up the hurr durr quack=iQ talk while justifying plans for a game-wide dogpile though. That's something we feel is hilariously hypocritical, and something we have pre-empted.

For the GG stuff- I'm happy to talk with GG about that if they so please.

You put effort in to that. I can appreciate it, and will assume you're genuine. It sounds like some of the details that preceeded our entry are still a bit fuzzy to you. I'll try to respond more in depth sometime today (as i'm at work), with a more in-dept answer.

Stay strong until then!

You know its grumpy, yet another justification for our caution about your sphere, this slight is noted and will not be forgotten.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bollocks said:

By being such a hegemony so big and powerful that the rest of the game can gang up on you 3v1 

You think Karma happened only because NPO was statistically relevant?

15 minutes ago, Roberts said:

CB was derived from a time-traveler who traveled 10 years into the past to share a prescient warning about manhwa and koreaboos

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

10 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Lets talk about something that didn't happen 10 years ago, I am grumpy and live to talk about thing that happened back in the day, but even I can barely remember that thing.

I really miss politics being intricate and interesting. I feel like leaked discord logs of sphinx have moved the world for two years now and it's boring.

OPSEC used to be a skin-tight thing that allowed complex plots to form - leaks happened but were rare. Now it seems that anytime someone receives a DM it gets forwarded straight to Partisan. Do better, PnW. Queue "back in my day"

Edited by Roberts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

You know its grumpy, yet another justification for our caution about your sphere, this slight is noted and will not be forgotten.

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Lets talk about something that didn't happen 10 years ago, I am grumpy and live to talk about thing that happened back in the day, but even I can barely remember that thing.

Everyone knows we should stick to 1 - 5 year old CB's. Geez.

1 hour ago, Roberts said:

I really miss politics being intricate and interesting. I feel like leaked discord logs of sphinx have moved the world for two years now and it's boring.

OPSEC used to be a skin-tight thing that allowed complex plots to form - leaks happened but were rare. Now it seems that anytime someone receives a DM it gets forwarded straight to Partisan. Do better, PnW. Queue "back in my day"

Opsec has never been skin-tight in PW.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

4 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

It is GOB or whatever name we want, and GOB cannot correct anyone otherwise, ronny friend. 
gob.jpg

I know that in your senile state it can be hard to remember, but we are here to help :) 

Edited by Darth Ataxia
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Roberts said:

Is OPSEC being a skin-tight thing a part of a (newish) pirate's code?
The pirates I used to know would steal, plunder, lie and leak secrets on a regular basis.
Do better, P&W pirate!  Another one for "back in my day" 😉

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Orcinus Orca said:

Ik you are salty, and can't help being so, since you are James' prodigy, but let's not kid ourselves. Swamp isn't the one getting rolled atm. 

Rolled?  No.  But the battlefield performance of Dumpster Coalition leaves much to be desired.  Swamp vs Arrgh is but a preview.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

On 11/2/2020 at 5:01 PM, Batavus said:

Hi @Harry Flashman, @Lord Tyrion, @Richard Payne III,
I don't think it's a secret I've been close to alliances in Swamp for years. I gave GodFury (precursor to TLE) a protectorate, worked on my coalition not rolling TFP (Knightfall), helped the Federation get a protectorate with TFP and Alexio's Frontier Records after the Nova Riata merger turned into a disaster and worked with Alexio several times. I've complimented those of you (Immortals, TFP, Fark, TLE) who stayed in the war, when numbers and moral support mattered and others fought alongside IQ or dropped out the war against IQ within days after entry. The appreciation for that stands.

Given our ties and the rumors building up I've been pretty quiet on the Forums and sought you guys out in DMs. Your words have been pretty clear: we had no plans to hit Quack. It's annoying and a shame the case that Swamp has approached other spheres about dealing with Quack, has just been building.

I'm not going to rehash it all here. After months of regular remarks by several players on the OWF, Immortals FA James most clearly voiced his opposition on the radio about Quacksphere being waaaaay to large and scary. After a friendly convo in DMs I tried a "Let me know if your concerns develop into something more than that... or if you simply feel like a chat XD" but apparently to no avail. By incorporating TCW Swamp has grown to give-or-take the same size as Quack. I'm looking forward to a radio show on that and let's drop the "maybe TCW or other alliances will be cut when we re-evaluate" - TCW is Swamp now, obviously. And with TCW you embraced an alliance with plans to hit Quack.

I have to hand it to SRD: he doesn't owe us anything and I'd understand it if he held some grudges against t$, but at least he mentioned (it was presented to him that) Swamp approached HM about hitting Swamp. You can't just say maybe "
I'm out of the loop with my sphere but you just prove it" . Can't you Ask Alexio (part 2) instead? Why should we? We can't ignore HM putting this out there.

I get it when one of the two largest spheres wants to take out the competition and prepares for that. It's P&W, not Politics & Kumbaya. I also know at times sphere leaders have middlemen. That old ties and fresh assurances get forgotten in the process is... annoying. That a Duckpile was deemed necessary is a shame. But at least own up to Swamp discussing an attack on Quack with HM so we can all move on. I promise I won't call your sphere IQ. Yet 😉

You're a good dude.   I enjoyed our working together those months ago when things seemed extremely dire and were crazy and out of hand.   But lets get things straight.   I wasn't the biggest fan of how you initiated that conversation as if you had no idea what happened.   Furthermore, that episode was recorded and you're able to go back and listen to it and you will hear that I did not voice opposition or say that Quack is 'waaaaaaaaaaaay to large and scary' as you put it.   I simply inquired why not a single person in the game seemed to care that Quack had rapidly grown to surpassing the size of the next 2 sphere's combined and that even if all three combined against Quack it would be a toss up.   That's literally what I said.   You can go back and listen to it.   Further more, I told you flat out in our conversation that I found Quack's size concerning and you pled ignorance to how large quack had grown when I pointed it out.   It sure didn't feel like you were being forthcoming or were trying to play some game with me to keep from saying too much one way or the other.   That's how those things go.   But Partisan decided to whine to Tyrion about it instead of, asking me personally why I said those things, which was another interesting development in my opinion.   

Furthermore, earlier in this thread I pointed out how you guys did literally nothing to combat the narrative that had begun forming about Quack that quite literally everyone was aware of and as far as I'm concerned, Parti's response amounts to a 'we didn't want to put the effort in for that so we just accepted things how they are'.   That's a punt.

Finally, in regards to tCW.   We fought them, then we allied with them.   Those things happen, quite often if I'm not mistaken.   It's no secret that Swamp lacks adequate nations where it really counts.   Y'all hype the nation count while conveniently ignoring how many of our nations are not in a range relevant to the rest of the game.  There were concerns aplenty but we decided to give it a go.   tCW is not Swamp proper.   But an attack on tCW is an attack on & and an attack on & is an attack on Swamp.   We don't have non-chaining clauses, we just do as we do.   You guys asked us to let you hit tCW.   We said no.   You did it anyway.   They frankly didn't have to be Swamp for it to matter.   You hit an & ally 2 hours after asking our permission to do so and being denied.   There keeps being talk about the relationship between Quack and Swamp prior to this, clearly it didn't mean much if you guys decided after we said 'don't attack our ally' to attack our ally.   What did you really expect to happen no matter what might have happened previously?

Edited by Dr James Wilson
damn forgotten words -_-
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

4 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Rolled?  No.  But the battlefield performance of Dumpster Coalition leaves much to be desired.  Swamp vs Arrgh is but a preview.

Buddy. Your alliance naval blitzed me. Let's clean up our own house, and then start criticizing others, aight?

• Haha 3

On 11/2/2020 at 12:49 PM, Sval said:

We caught you with your pants down. 

Let's see... you telegraphed your attack from a mile away, everyone knew to expect it, and even had time to scramble together the rest of the game against you. Who's got their pants down? 

On 11/3/2020 at 6:07 PM, Benfro said:

There's so little activity in this thread today other than a Fist sighting to pour gas on someone's fire, but TBD whose? Where did all the Hedge/TCW/Swamp/Rose apologists go?

NGL, I have no idea how you guys can handle reading 19 pages of this. Like, go outside or something.

13 hours ago, Roberts said:

Karma war is older than some people currently playing. Let that sink in for a second. 

9 hours ago, Darth Ataxia said:

It is GOB or whatever name we want, and GOB cannot correct anyone otherwise, ronny friend. 
gob.jpg

I know that in your senile state it can be hard to remember, but we are here to help :) 

Did we ever accept that term? And be prepared to permawar if you don't accept our name is GRUMPY

Hey guys I made it to the end of the threads! Who's going to buy me a cake? 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

11 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Did we ever accept that term? And be prepared to permawar if you don't accept our name is GRUMPY

And yet we're the ones compared to IQ.

Look up to the sky above~

3 minutes ago, Hime-sama said:

And yet we're the ones compared to IQ.

That term is the exact kind of easy to accept meme term that goes with every war. IQ didn't let terms be set at all. Try again, buck-o

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

2 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

That term is the exact kind of easy to accept meme term that goes with every war. IQ didn't let terms be set at all. Try again, buck-o

Your mere threat of permawar was enough, I don't even need to try.

Thanks again for the gas ❤️

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Yes, GoB accepted, just as they accepted paperless ties with Rose and Swamp.

image0.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Maybe you're being compared to IQ because of your complete inability to take a joke.

Classic, but you know IQ held years-long grudges too, right?

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

First off, fricking @ me if you're gonna bring me up lmfao

Even with my activity at minimums to collect the fricking daily bonus, I'll always live in your heads

It's not my fricking fault your friends over at Camelot: @Epi @Azazel @King Arthur @Aero and whoever the frick are able to be shook by some random reroll that didn't even fricking participate in the last fricking wars

There is years and years of history of these forums with my fricking username on it showing that a gag order can't stop me from making a fool of you guys LMFAO

giphy.gif 

EUMIR'S BACK

Edited by Leopold von Habsburg