We are here for the whales - t$ DoW

Prefonteen

2 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

It doesn't take much from you to see what you're about. 

And you should be envious because your sphere has been slowly decaying around Grumpy's ankles for two years now. 

Where is that alliance you were leading when last we spoke? 

Wait, what?  Are you serious?

Did you miss the whole disbanding several months ago??

absolutely ludicrous that the line is somehow that Quack is the big bad despite being the only ones not to be making "big bad" moves.

has made significant FA moves to grow its sphere since the NAP began:

Hedge: yes

Swamp: yes

Quack: no

has participated in a curb stomp against a smaller sphere with absolutely no risk of defeat:

Hedge: yes (2x)

just admit that this is politically expedient and you all want a war and drop this facade of "checks and balances" against some hegemonic sphere

tenor.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Uhhh...  ok?  I guess you win that?  Congrats?

I mean, you wanted to reminisce about the past and how it applies to the world today.

I was just curious is all.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

8 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

I mean, you wanted to reminisce about the past and how it applies to the world today.

I was just curious is all.

Honestly I’m thinking you’re taking some strong drugs and I’m envious of that high you’re riding, lol.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Honestly I’m thinking you’re taking some strong drugs and I’m envious of that high you’re riding, lol.

Meh, I was trying to be roundabout and cheeky about how generally unimpressive you are at cultivating and maintaining communities and how your only motivation for being here right now is a senseless fear response based on nothing substantial.

I’ll just stick with a direct approach:

Your Econ and IA is middling (at best) with alliance building and your fearmongering and saber rattling is either 1.) Paranoid and misguided or 2.) Willfully obtuse and opportunistically cynical. None of these factors culminating in a good look for you.

Edited by Sisyphus

20 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Your Econ and IA is middling (at best) with alliance building and your fearmongering and saber rattling is either 1.) Paranoid and misguided or 2.) Willfully obtuse and opportunistically cynical. None of these factors culminating in a good look for you.

Ok, now you have me even more curious.  Where have I given a damn about a “good look” for me?  I have never been shy of being aggressive in my approach to others, nor did I care about the FA consequences of it.

No where in your reply shows why I would be envious of your sphere.  Why?  Because I’m not.  I have never built up a big sphere and never wanted to.  I honestly have no idea where you guys get that from.  My actions throughout my entire play history shows that.

I also never handled Econ or IA.  It was either Milcom or FA.  And I’ll admit my FA is questionable to a lot of players. I guess you sucked @Sketchy when it came to our Econ.

Then again, when your alliance just sits on its ass for the majority of its time (until you got played by NPO), building up is pretty easy.

In any case, seeing as how there’s no real conversation here pertaining as to why I’m belligerent or envious of your sphere, I’ll just chalk it up to you talking out of chapped ass and leave it here.

I’m not the one rolling you, nor did I have a hand in it just FYI.  I will admit that I’m enjoying watching it though. Just do me a favor, and when you guys get tanked - blow up Camelot.

Edited by Buorhann

10 hours ago, Leftbehind said:

I'd rather take the chance with 10 adults. My three year old beats the unholy hell out of me and thats all in the name of playing. 

Are you really going to complain about a dog pile when you tried to dogpile us? Don't be a hypocrite. Wars are never even so maybe you guys should take some ownership as to why this happened instead of being mad that it did. 

It isn't a secret that Quack's size and ability made everyone leary that they could position themselves to be the next Hegemony. It is simple logic. For all your "immense measures" taken it didn't stop you guys from becoming so big that it would take at least two blocs in order to challenge you. Not one of the other blocs, be it Hedge, Rose, or Swamp has the ability to challenge on its own. Even a HedgeSwamp coalition would be a very uphill battle. So when you say that you watched your size I'm going to call nonsense on that. All you done was keep yourselves just under the bar.

Like it or not, Hegemony is bad for business and you done nothing to prove that you wouldn't take it if opportunity arises. 

Score is the worst way to compare sphere sizes, so on what grounds are we the hegemony? On literally all other fronts, you guys have the number advantage, the low and whale tier advantage not to mention whatever secret coalition or whatever this is with Rose that even gives you a mid tier advantage 

Peace in our time

22 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

-snip-

Maybe I’m reading too far between the lines, but definitely seems to me like you’re here to back up the “Quack Bad” narrative in some form or fashion. (My money is still on you playing purposefully obtuse.)

it’s a narrative that simply falls flat, the only remotely aggressive thing we have done is deliver justice to UPN, and even then we scaled our involvement relative to the opponent. 

We’ve made no concerted effort to expand our sphere beyond original members and home-grown protectorates. We’ve maintained no aggressive stances toward any rival spheres and have been focused on internal growth and development (to an impressive effect, particularly in regard to member growth rates and well-developed communities).

So it seems quite plain to me that the current coalition that has formed against us must be completely misguided in their paranoia or acting out an aggressively cynical ploy to disrupt our affairs. 

In short: Our opponents are either paranoid fools or willfully performing their narrative in an attempt to justify their blatant plotting and aggression, particularly when making comparisons between Quack and IQ.

The bit that rubs me the wrong way is the absolute farce of it all.

Why not just openly admit your intentions? A cynical play to attack a rival without CB. To pretend otherwise is a play more in line with Roquentin’s approach to politics than anything I’ve seen coming out of Quack. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Upvote 4

Nah.  I honestly don’t care much about the Quacksphere but other than what I’ve stated earlier.  I’m just honestly surprised that you folks didn’t see this coming, or at least Syndicate didn’t see it coming (Actually, you did speculate it would happen, but I guess you forgot).

I mean, from what I gathered, UPN/TCW got rolled, there was an attempt to get Camelot rolled (?), and you guys are currently getting rolled.

Outside of the new and improved BK and TKR, I’m sure you can see the common denominator here.  That’s my speculation at least.  I don’t know the politics going on, whether you guys pissed people off or it’s simply the community playing a containment CB on your sphere.

1 hour ago, WarriorSoul said:

absolutely ludicrous that the line is somehow that Quack is the big bad despite being the only ones not to be making "big bad" moves.

has made significant FA moves to grow its sphere since the NAP began:

Hedge: yes

has participated in a curb stomp against a smaller sphere with absolutely no risk of defeat:

Hedge: yes (2x)

just admit that this is politically expedient and you all want a war and drop this facade of "checks and balances" against some hegemonic sphere

tenor.gif

Errr, hedge didn't even exist until over a month into the NAP, and it's "moves to grow" placed it as the smallest sphere. This isn't a circus mate, go elsewhere with that.

How do you fail even harder at the stupid dogpile whining than everyone else? Did Swamp magically not participate in the 10 day war or this one, by your metric, in curious which. Or do they not count for this one because TCW is somehow not part of them in your eyes, despite your logs showing they literally signed to balance the scales?

Just admit you're an idiot which no idea what's happening already, as it's plainly abundant here you can't even follow the simplicity that is your sides talking points let alone anything beyond that.

6 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Also guys remember, syndicate never, ever, made publicly threatening remarks to TCW, Rose or Camelot, and never did it allow a (currently chained and gagged) mouthpiece to do it for them. You imagined that, it was a dream.

Nor did any of their allies ever commit blatant hostile acts of espionage, seen only as not such by... Ah yes, the most powerful individual sphere they were hiding behind.

Nor have they ever made claim to a CB on a target they blitzed which didn't show even circumstantial evidence, let alone at least be bothered trying to fake it so we know they tried in the end. 

And don't forget, syndicate never attempted to narrow this conflict down to 350 vs 1000, because the Syndicate never engages in dogpiles. Indeed, syndicate would never stooop so low. It merely engaged in strategic allocation of immensely superior resources, which is entirely different, and totally doesn't conflate with the public hostility and threats or acts of literal war committed by itself or it's allies.

Always remember, they were never a sore loser when their own game exploded in their face, no, you were just lying, caniving, secret hegemons who made it all up just to piss in the pipes that deliver their showers.

Also screw daylight savings that shit is dumb, I'm going to bed.

You're bad at this. Sweet dreams my prince.

50 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Nah.  I honestly don’t care much about the Quacksphere but other than what I’ve stated earlier.  I’m just honestly surprised that you folks didn’t see this coming, or at least Syndicate didn’t see it coming (Actually, you did speculate it would happen, but I guess you forgot).

I mean, from what I gathered, UPN/TCW got rolled, there was an attempt to get Camelot rolled (?), and you guys are currently getting rolled.

Outside of the new and improved BK and TKR, I’m sure you can see the common denominator here.  That’s my speculation at least.  I don’t know the politics going on, whether you guys pissed people off or it’s simply the community playing a containment CB on your sphere.

Attempt to roll camelot didn't occur. We did fling a bit of shit in the early days of the NAP, because you know.. camelot did try to roll us out of the game, and epi kept running his mouth. Past months we've been pretty tame to camelot (essentially since they started actually doing diplomacy).

TCW got rolled by swamp, who they then signed with in a 4way coalition to roll us ;). We only rolled UPN over a very valid grudge.

As for the rest of your comment: Yes, syndi man bad. We know.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

41 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

We can expect something and be appalled by it just the same.

What common denominator? Providing too much benefit of the doubt and having the sense to be apologetic and course correct when we find we’ve strayed off course?

And why should it be left up to your speculation? Why wouldn’t they plainly state the intention there? Why bother with all the manufactured bluster when there is real, pure motive there? 

It’s quite obvious and plain that they weren’t even considering their motives deeply enough to even feign as much concern about our part in all of that history. Especially when you note they were colluding with Sphinx and Camelot to pull it off.

Makes more sense to me this is a forward-looking cold play, based on collective fearmongering and opportunism than anything more substantive.

Let's keep in mind that the fearmongering began when the smoke from lat war had not yet cleared. It began when the dominant force holding us down magically committed seppuku, leaving a TKR-t$ alliance which had formed solely to survive that onslaught directionless.

The "syndi-TKR man hegemon" cries began straight away, allowing for no time to actually recalibrate our FA as we'd stated we would.

And from there on, we did make various attempts to limit our growth- and size. Those attempts have now been repainted as being conducted by parties now fighting us, in *spite* of our supposed hegemonic tendencies.

Referring you to TI, Ampersand and Soup among others.

I'd start throwing around logs again from that period to prove once more that some of you are lying through your teeth, but i'm sure you'll call me a filthy leaker and my mother a horse if I do that.

Syndi man bad ;).

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

17 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Also guys remember, syndicate never, ever, made publicly threatening remarks to TCW, Rose or Camelot, and never did it allow a (currently chained and gagged) mouthpiece to do it for them. You imagined that, it was a dream.

Nor did any of their allies ever commit blatant hostile acts of espionage, seen only as not such by... Ah yes, the most powerful individual sphere they were hiding behind.

Nor have they ever made claim to a CB on a target they blitzed which didn't show even circumstantial evidence, let alone at least be bothered trying to fake it so we know they tried in the end. 

And don't forget, syndicate never attempted to narrow this conflict down to 350 vs 1000, because the Syndicate never engages in dogpiles. Indeed, syndicate would never stooop so low. It merely engaged in strategic allocation of immensely superior resources, which is entirely different, and totally doesn't conflate with the public hostility and threats or acts of literal war committed by itself or it's allies.

Always remember, they were never a sore loser when their own game exploded in their face, no, you were just lying, caniving, secret hegemons who made it all up just to piss in the pipes that deliver their showers.

Also screw daylight savings that shit is dumb, I'm going to bed.

You probably should go to bed, I picked up on some of that but you didn’t express your ideas as clearly as you could have.

Also most of this is blatant conjecture on your part.

11 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

You're bad at this. Sweet dreams my prince.

Attempt to roll camelot didn't occur. We did fling a bit of shit in the early days of the NAP, because you know.. camelot did try to roll us out of the game, and epi kept running his mouth. Past months we've been pretty tame to camelot (essentially since they started actually doing diplomacy).

TCW got rolled by swamp, who they then signed with in a 4way coalition to roll us ;). We only rolled UPN over a very valid grudge.

As for the rest of your comment: Yes, syndi man bad. We know.

Princess*

Early in the NAP? You were bolstering about it after our war with TCW had concluded, a good, 4-6 weeks ago? I recall that timeline being a syndicate favorite. (Not a jab it is actually a fairly appropriate timeline for large conflicts after all 😛)

Yet you didn't hit Swamp. You hit Hedge, all because of a guy so paranoid about us his actions literally guaranteed the very rolling TCW received, claimed they were at it again! With... Ironically as much as evidence as he had every other time, none. 

What's weird is the complaining about dogpiles. You tried to make it one for yourselves, or rather a strategic allocation of superior resources, for yourselves, and it blew up in your face. Which apparently was the result you expected. So with that and the lack of any evidence a judge would even view worthy enough to be used as toilet paper it's so shit, I fail to see any problem other than an all expenses paid trip on the Boyce paranoia train.

Syndi man bad? I think we all know the true culprit, syndi snake! You sir are a corruptive influence, just like Dungeons and Dragons on the minds of innocent youth in the 80s and 90s!

That joke was awful but I don't care. 

5 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

You probably should go to bed, I picked up on some of that but you didn’t express your ideas as clearly as you could have.

Also most of this is blatant conjecture on your part.

It doesn't not help me that daylight savings is screwing with the forum software lol. 

Also it's weird to talk about conjecture when you just droves yourselves off a cliff because the equivalent of a homeless man with a sign said the aliens were invading and the secret whirlpool down there would save you. 

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Princess*

Early in the NAP? You were bolstering about it after our war with TCW had concluded, a good, 4-6 weeks ago? I recall that timeline being a syndicate favorite. (Not a jab it is actually a fairly appropriate timeline for large conflicts after all 😛)

Yet you didn't hit Swamp. You hit Hedge, all because of a guy so paranoid about us his actions literally guaranteed the very rolling TCW received, claimed they were at it again! With... Ironically as much as evidence as he had every other time, none. 

What's weird is the complaining about dogpiles. You tried to make it one for yourselves, or rather a strategic allocation of superior resources, for yourselves, and it blew up in your face. Which apparently was the result you expected. So with that and the lack of any evidence a judge would even view worthy enough to be used as toilet paper it's so shit, I fail to see any problem other than an all expenses paid trip on the Boyce paranoia train.

Syndi man bad? I think we all know the true culprit, syndi snake! You sir are a corruptive influence, just like Dungeons and Dragons on the minds of innocent youth in the 80s and 90s!

That joke was awful but I don't care. 

What were we bolstering about?

Hedge was hit because boyce's confirmation straight up outlined Hedge as being "definitely in", and because t$-Hedge relations have at no point been friendly since the end of last war. We both know this aku.

There's also the military consideration of Hedges top tier dominance ;)

Swamp-t$ relations were viewed as neutral, and knowing that we were fricked either way if the intel was correct (which it was), we opted to throw a hail mary at the most hostile and most directly implicated parties.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Also it's weird to talk about conjecture when you just droves yourselves off a cliff because the equivalent of a homeless man with a sign said the aliens were invading and the secret whirlpool down there would save you. 

You should really stop trying to come up with your own analogies and stick to common and time tested idioms and turns of phrase.

Because you suck at creating your own analogies, and that’s not conjecture!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Meh, I was trying to be roundabout and cheeky about how generally unimpressive you are at cultivating and maintaining communities and how your only motivation for being here right now is a senseless fear response based on nothing substantial.

Sheesh, that's a bit rough don't you think?

Buo's community building couldn't have been that bad considering half of TGH post disbandment went to tS, two of whom are members of your gov/depts and I dare say the rest play an active role in your community. I know buo has been getting a bad rap for how he has been, well, his usual hippo self towards a few of them over post TGH drama but discrediting any community he built seems perilously close to discrediting or tarnishing these upstanding former horde members who now call tS home (whom I wish well in all their endeavours and also whom I hope I do not have to fight during this war.)

But do what you feel 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Charles Bolivar

Untitled.png

9 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Sheesh, that's a bit rough don't you think?

Buo's community building couldn't have been that bad considering half of TGH post disbandment went to tS, two of whom are members of your gov/depts and I dare say the rest play an active role in your community. I know buo has been getting a bad rap for how he has been, well, his usual hippo self towards a few of them over post TGH drama but discrediting any community he built seems perilously close to discrediting or tarnishing these upstanding former horde members who now call tS home (whom I wish well in all their endeavours).

I’m not saying the people that made the community up were bad. 

I’m saying Buorhann offered nothing but “ “personality” “ to enrich it, so if he wants to compare track records, personally or based on alliance, he’s not going to come out the other end looking very qualified.

I appreciate your attempt at being controversial, but I’m afraid you don’t know enough about Buorhann’s communities nor mine to comment with any real substance.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Upvote 1