We are here for the whales - t$ DoW

Prefonteen

we may all disagree whether quack is a hegemony in the game or not, but one thing is for certain: you guys are definitely a hegemony when it comes to unreasonably long forum posts

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

No one can escape the fate that was chosen for them. All that remains is the end, where you will all perish. Eternal greatness exists only within The Syndicate. Sing a song of sorrow in a world where time has vanished.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

8 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Buorhann is back in the game now, and as belligerent and bullheadedly off-base as ever. 

I smell envy. 

Wow, I’m active on the forums for a day and somehow I’m belligerent and bullheaded when just asking questions about the war.

Correct me if I’m wrong, @Sisyphus, but when our last conversation ended - you were fully expecting Syndicate to get rolled.

I’ll let you in on something though, I’m not “active” (As in compared to my history) and I’ve actively turned down assisting and joining AAs to be more “active”.  Nor have I had any knowledge of this.  I know, hard to believe, I fully intended on taking an actual break till stupidity hit from another situation.

However, I do remember warning a lot of people that if Syndicate and TKR (As well as their minor AAs around the respective AAs) remained treatied after the NAP ended, it would make a lot of players worried.  As someone who engaged heavily with the community, I was not just sharing a personal opinion.  It was a warning from what many worried about.

Also, why would I be envious of your sphere again?

• Upvote 3

Yes, I am evil incarnate, IQ 2.0.  The whole world was securely under our jackboot, which is why we're facing 30:70 odds right now.  You have exposed me.  I will go away now, defeated and dejected, my evil plot foiled by you meddling kids, and your stupid dog, too.

Edited by HeroofTime55

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Wow, I’m active on the forums for a day and somehow I’m belligerent and bullheaded when just asking questions about the war.

Also, why would I be envious of your sphere again?

It doesn't take much from you to see what you're about. 

And you should be envious because your sphere has been slowly decaying around Grumpy's ankles for two years now. 

Where is that alliance you were leading when last we spoke? 

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

34 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Yes, I am evil incarnate, IQ 2.0.  The whole world was securely under our jackboot, which is why we're facing 30:70 odds right now.  You have exposed me.  I will go away now, defeated and dejected, my evil plot foiled by you meddling kids, and your stupid dog, too.

Hyperbole isn't much of a disguise 👍

Untitled.png

48 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Hyperbole isn't much of a disguise 👍

I notice that Swamp aren't the ones out here peddling this silly "hegemony" theory.  It's all Hedge and Rose talking it up like it's a real thing.  Still trying to convince yourselves that you made the right call?

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

8 hours ago, Cooper_ said:

I'm not really one for spin.  It makes me dizzy.  On the other hand, I'm a big fan of speaking the truth, and I think all of the statements I made oblige with that.  If you have evidence to the contrary of what I said, I welcome the discussion.  

Looking at your response, I feel like you're just playing semantics or maybe it's just nonsense.  We're not hella-huge, but we're huge?  Swamp is large, but we're a different large?  What does that even mean?  I can't respond to vague definitions that don't have any logic or data backing them up.  I mean this whole narrative has been vague.  My thinking is it's vague because going into specifics would make it easy to scrutinize the narrative.  I've already given you statistics that show Swamp being larger than Quack by a significant margin as well as outiering above and below us.  You've told me what kind of huge you think Quack is.  That isn't really a fair equivalency.  

Unless someones starts giving me a valid definition of what a hegemony actually is and then proves how Quack qualifies under those conditions, all of these arguments hold no water.  We can dance around on rhetoric, but in reality there's zero substance to these claims.  Thus, I will continue to suggest that this hegemony narrative is nothing but a political mask for opportunism because that's what the hard evidence suggestions.  

Finally, I have a real problem with quality critique.  This double standard is always leveled against TKR.  I don't understand why we have to be handicapped by some notion that we're competent.  Yeah, we put a lot of effort into training our members and gov, and it pays off.  That should be expected, and we take pride in it and our community.  Your metaphor is a bit off as the competency advantage tops off pretty rapidly.  The wars against IQ numbers and our quality demonstrated that nicely.  And I think that's pretty insulting to Swamp who has a lot of promising gov (and many old guard) in T&, TI and TFP, especially.  

As an aside, it's nice to see you around, Kev.  I hope @Pika and you are doing well.  I didn't get to say good bye when y'all left last time.  Stay well, friends.

I'm not sure how it is a confusing concept. The 'hella' is an emphasis point, but removing it does not remove the adjective it is emphasizing. More semantics. The point is that you guys are large. Just because you cut down on making yourselves even larger by turning down some treaty offers doesn't change the fact that the size of your bloc is large.

Also, you are assuming that I have called you a hegemony. I have not. I am currently not pushing any narrative,  I am but an observant ghost.

In regards to Swamp: I have had the opportunity to work with and alongside a good portion of these individuals you have talked about and I have nothing but positive things to say about some of the leaders in the bloc (especially Tyrion). Unfortunately it doesn't quite negate the bloc's derp and noobishness. Perhaps one day. But as it stands, I believe what I said earlier to be accurate.

Thank you for the well wishes :) I'm happy to see you posting on the forums and also hope you are doing well

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

How is it that when it was pointed out Quack's CB against HM was at NPO levels of fickleness, the response was how ridiculous it is to be compared to IQ... not how wishy-washy this CB is.

But ofc "muh, we're moving preemptively to a perceived threat".

22 minutes ago, Arric II Vysera said:

How is it that when it was pointed out Quack's CB against HM was at NPO levels of fickleness, the response was how ridiculous it is to be compared to IQ... not how wishy-washy this CB is.

But ofc "muh, we're moving preemptively to a perceived threat".

I don't know how you guys literally plotting to roll us is a "fickle" CB.  We're just fighting now instead of later.  This one is 100% on y'all.  Not us.  Again, who are you trying to convince?  Everyone knows about the plan, our side was made aware (hence this war), obviously all of you were well aware of your plan, the instant counters make it plainly obvious, who actually are you selling this line to?

• Upvote 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

53 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I notice that Swamp aren't the ones out here peddling this silly "hegemony" theory.  It's all Hedge and Rose talking it up like it's a real thing.  Still trying to convince yourselves that you made the right call?

You started this little mud fight. Perhaps you are asking the wrong people?

Untitled.png

Just now, Charles Bolivar said:

You started this little mud fight. Perhaps you are asking the wrong people?

Are you still pretending we ever had a choice?  Come on.  We know you all got pulled together to roll us. Hell, my money is that the log leaks were part of the setup. You can shout "hegemony" all you want, but the reality simply is that we were in the way of someone else's ambitions.  Who could that possibly be?  Hmmm.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

2 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Are you still pretending we ever had a choice?  Come on.  We know you all got pulled together to roll us. Hell, my money is that the log leaks were part of the setup. You can shout "hegemony" all you want, but the reality simply is that we were in the way of someone else's ambitions.  Who could that possibly be?  Hmmm.

All in the game, yo.

Or would you have us believe you haven't been engaged in the same planning, plotting and scheming since the start of the NAP?

Untitled.png

4 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

All in the game, yo.

Or would you have us believe you haven't been engaged in the same planning, plotting and scheming since the start of the NAP?

We clearly have not, as literally 80% of the world hit us accusing us of being a hegemony, doesn't seem we really had anyone else on our side.  Seems like we probably weren't plotting to hit random people for "getting too big" and instead were focusing on growth.  Especially when you factor in that we actively turned down people who wanted to treaty with us.  That's some real smart plotting on our part, they'll never see it coming!

(Honestly, I want to yell at the leaders on our side for not doing more to build more relationships because, well, lol)

But if it helps you to keep pretending we're somehow the crooks in all this, go right on ahead.  Don't expect our sympathy when some sort of swamp monster comes for you next, lmao.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)