no

Absolute Chad

5 minutes ago, harvethon said:

With the approval rating there could be consequences for having a low approval rating for example 

1. the population could start a riot which could destroy infrastructure or improvement slots

2. civil war could break out in the country  possibly if you won the civil war the countries would reunite. 

I thought that could be a cool concept because I don't believe there are any consequences at all for having a a low approval rating.  

Nah

• Haha 3

image.png?ex=65f5ac05&is=65e33705&hm=2cdc4b7e28777e34caf37f251fded716f2beb4178c3e91687d866b47cd329bac&=

Does the approval system really matter?

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, Zim said:

It would need to be rewoked...

iBIExJI.png

On 10/15/2020 at 6:51 AM, Zed said:

Does the approval system really matter?

No, and I'm pretty sure Alex said when he introduced it that he only ever intended it to be for roleplay purposes.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, harvethon said:

With the approval rating there could be consequences for having a low approval rating for example 

1. the population could start a riot which could destroy infrastructure or improvement slots

2. civil war could break out in the country  possibly if you won the civil war the countries would reunite. 

I thought that could be a cool concept because I don't believe there are any consequences at all for having a a low approval rating.  

You've suggested disadvantages for a poor approval rating, but what about perks for a good approval rating? I feel like without a positive side to it, there's really no reason for anyone to support transforming the innocuous approval rating system into a potential obstacle.

I think Alex said not too long ago he wanted to balance approval rating. And have more interaction with the internal affairs of your country. 

Temper your expectations though, civil wars won't happen, Alex has said multiple times (tens of times) cities are just like land an untouchable resource. 

On 10/18/2020 at 1:49 AM, Zephyr said:

iBIExJI.png

No, and I'm pretty sure Alex said when he introduced it that he only ever intended it to be for roleplay purposes.

You've suggested disadvantages for a poor approval rating, but what about perks for a good approval rating? I feel like without a positive side to it, there's really no reason for anyone to support transforming the innocuous approval rating system into a potential obstacle.

Maybe increase commerce resource production and increase morale in soldiers because soldiers will believe in what there fighting for. Or something like that

Ahhh, the monthly "make approval rating mean something" suggestion! We were about due for it.

Anyway, my usual rebuttal to this suggestion remains: My approval rating stands at -1147.68%. That's negative one thousand one hundred forty-seven percent. Meanwhile the record for lowest approval stands at nearly negative ten thousand percent.

In the past, meanwhile, my approval rating has been as high as something like 300%, and the current highest approval is over 2135%.

I'm pretty sure those facts speak for themselves :P

8 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Ahhh, the monthly "make approval rating mean something" suggestion! We were about due for it.

Anyway, my usual rebuttal to this suggestion remains: My approval rating stands at -1147.68%. That's negative one thousand one hundred forty-seven percent. Meanwhile the record for lowest approval stands at nearly negative ten thousand percent.

In the past, meanwhile, my approval rating has been as high as something like 300%, and the current highest approval is over 2135%.

I'm pretty sure those facts speak for themselves :P

To be fair, surely a sudden change that actually makes the approval rating relevant would have to result in a reset for everyone to keep things fair.