Depleted uranium as a new resource

Jangles

As uranium gets used by your reactors a small amount then converts to depleted uranium, and you may choose to use it in an attack to give your units a small boost similar to how you can choose whether soldiers use ammo. I don't want to get into the particular balance in this post just whether you guys think it would be a good concept. The concept being to introduce a resource that would dwindle in supply during the early stages of a global war, creating a certain milestone. Having it be rare enough that not everybody can afford to always use it, and to fight without it wouldn't be a guaranteed loss. And to add an extra element to the current war system.

Edited by Jangles
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

As a separate post so people can downvote and upvote accordingly.

I was thinking it would be a resource that nations save up for major wars. As an outline, 75% of uranium used by reactors is converted to DU, and the amount of DU used will be 5% of munitions consumption.

so a nation with 20 cities would produce only 18 Du a day

Soldiers will take 0.00001 of DU for a ground attack and a small amount for defensive battles (I can't find the values in the wiki for defensive usage) for a very small 5% boost to tanks killed

Tanks will take 0.0005 of DU while also using a very small amount for defensive battles with a 10% boost to tanks killed

As DU is armor penetrating Air vs Air or Air vs Soldiers would not use it, but aircraft could use 0.0125 DU for a ground or naval bombing making it expensive while also give a large 25% boost to tanks bombed and a 10% boost to ships destroyed.

Ships would take less DU as a %: 0.10 DU for a 10% boost.

Edited by Jangles
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 1:45 PM, TheTick said:

I def like this idea, as an addition this could be a new espionage op, where you use the depleted uranium as a crude bomb in a city

Please don't bring your crude bomb into this conversation.
It is a diffrent idea.

• Upvote 1