Stimulus Payments We Received

Randyjohnson

Trump haters should remember something. President Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child. That money has helped a lot of good people during this terrifying pandemic.

I realize that Donald Trump isn't the greatest President we've ever had. If I were to say that he's another Abe Lincoln, I would be a liar. He's no Abe Lincoln and neither is Joe Biden. Trump has some flaws but so do all people (and that includes Joe Biden). Trump isn't perfect and you and I aren't perfect either.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, durmij said:

Canadians got 500 a week. Also, you realize it wasn't his money and stimulus checks aren't that rare of a policy right? And America consistently lags behind every other industrial country when it comes to social safety nets for the disenfranchised. 

As a Canadian I can confirm by saying

yeet

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

To be fair... the United States is not Canada, nor any other westernized nation, and we do not harbor the same philosophies as others either. We are a lot more individualist than just about every other western nation, ergo, we do not support welfare states. 
in my opinion the current American welfare should be scrapped and redone to be more strict and very individualist/specific.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

1 hour ago, Corpsman said:

To be fair... the United States is not Canada, nor any other westernized nation, and we do not harbor the same philosophies as others either. We are a lot more individualist than just about every other western nation, ergo, we do not support welfare states. 
in my opinion the current American welfare should be scrapped and redone to be more strict and very individualist/specific.

Basically every other industrial nation beats America in most metrics that actually measure quality of life. Upward social mobility is the core of the America Dream, but every nation that hasn't stripped back it's welfare state is beating America in this regard. Social securities enable individuals to improve themselves, and capitalist thinker Adam Smith highlighted the need to fully fund services that are not inherently profitable in order to support individual growth.

20 hours ago, durmij said:

Basically every other industrial nation beats America in most metrics that actually measure quality of life. Upward social mobility is the core of the America Dream, but every nation that hasn't stripped back it's welfare state is beating America in this regard. Social securities enable individuals to improve themselves, and capitalist thinker Adam Smith highlighted the need to fully fund services that are not inherently profitable in order to support individual growth.

to the last part, yes. but what isnt profitable? healthcare is. insurance is. law enforcement, charity, military, infrastructure etc. is under government control for a reason. your point is mute and also incorrect. correct me if in wrong but we have the most rich people and an incredible standard of living. that is only untrue in, get this, cities that are usually controlled by democrats.

3 hours ago, Comrade Joe said:

Benjamin Netanyahu dislikes this post. 

Netanyahu is about to be voted out for a reason, sunshine.

To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 11:08 PM, Corpsman said:

to the last part, yes. but what isnt profitable? healthcare is. insurance is. law enforcement, charity, military, infrastructure etc. is under government control for a reason. your point is mute and also incorrect. correct me if in wrong but we have the most rich people and an incredible standard of living. that is only untrue in, get this, cities that are usually controlled by democrats.

Netanyahu is about to be voted out for a reason, sunshine.

Maybe it better to say that some things shouldn't be profit profitable, like healthcare.
Let take USA as an example, they spend more of their GDP on healthcare then any other country, but still end up with worse service then Cuba. With both fewer beds per capita, fewer doctors per capita, and higher infrantry motality rate. And that is all the while the USA is spending twice the amount of money per. citizen as the best healthcare system on planet: France. 

Another example would be fire stations, the world first fire service was private owned. And worked on buiness model of "i see your house in on fire, how much will you pay me to put it out?" And when profit feel short they started new fires on their own. 
The point is, that businesses that profit of human misery shouldn't be working for profit. It why private prisons have also proven to be a giant failure. 

For your other point the US does indeed have the highest number of rich people per. capita, but also either the highest or second highest poverty rate in the developed world. USA have a higher procenties of it's population living in poverty then that of Mexico.  
What's more USA also sucks at social mobility, it is again in bottom half of developed countries, basely you have higher chance of achieving the American dream in over two dusin other countries. 
As for standard of living, the USA does indeed score higher in this, then it does in most of these list, landing on the 15 spot. 

Which is better then being near buttom, like with infant mortality rate. 

The USA really should be able to outperform most countries in these metrics with the amount of ressources they put into it. But they just fall short because the system is just so broken. 

Edited by Zim

tenor (1).gif

Whoops, I should clarify. Healthcare and insurance are profitable while everything else I said is not. 
 @Zim I wanna respond but I am about to leave for work, so I'll respond later.

@Corpsman take your time, i didn't respond when you first posted it because i didn't have the time then either. 
I just saw a need to respond, when Zaxon's reminded me this excisited.  

And sorry if i came off as hostile, you know politics get one rilled up. 

• Like 1

tenor (1).gif

Just now, Zim said:

@Corpsman take your time, i didn't respond when you first posted it because i didn't have the time then either. 
I just saw a need to respond, when Zaxon's reminded me this excisited.  

And sorry if i came off as hostile, you know politics get one rilled up. 

Yah, I got chu.

• 2 months later...

So uh, Trump just vetoed the $600 stimulus.  Not for the reason you'd think he, a Republican, would.  He vetoed the stimulus because he feels it should be higher, at $2000 per person.

I'm as diehard anarchist as they come.  I believe that all states should collapse into horizontal and democratic local governments.  I believe Trump is the worst of a bad line of imperialist, warmongering Presidents who abuse the office to give tax cuts to the bourgoise class.  But i'm actually on his side for once - he actually managed to support something that lefties and progressives have been pushing for.

Feels straight out of Castle Itter.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day, I suppose.

Not gonna stop me from wanting his ass in prison, but... I can't believe i'm saying this... good on Trump.

• Like 1

It's funny. Congress grants billions to Israel and other countries at the drop of a hat. Meanwhile, they can only spare $600 for the average American and they expect us to be grateful for it.

These politicians and big business people don't understand how close they are to getting the French Revolution treatment.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

4 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

People are waking up. We could be on the verge of a major political shakeup over the course of the Biden/Harris administration.

In contemporary times it will look like it started with the Trump/Pence administration and exploded in the Biden/Harris administration.

The historians will know it started long before that, when the people were no longer afforded stability and support after major crises.

3 hours ago, The Boofinator said:

No, we support welfare corporations

I can't speak for you, but everyone I know hates the idea of anyone giving them a "safety net".

But, I will say my opinion on this topic has changed due to this video 

I strongly suggest watching it, because I think that's a fair compromise. I have no objections to the UBI in the way he presents it.

The government just dropped $1800 into my checking account. I'm honestly personally pretty pissed about it. Not because I'm anti-money, but because $1800 doesn't even begin to cover the amount of damages that this government imposed lockdown has done to my family.
It's going to take a helluvalot more than $600 per person to shut me up and buy me off. I pay more than this in taxes per quarter.

Edited by Angantyr
  • Upvote 1