Walk The Plank (ROH)

Richard Payne III

12 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

What? Don't pull me into your shenanigans.  I am not involved in any of this shit show, and would like to remain that way.

Ey now, I just wanted to give you the opportunity to plug your zero-tax alliance

don't be so grumpy about it 😐

• Haha 3

This has gone for 9+ pages? wow. I haven't bothered reading every single shit here since everyone is pretty much repeating themself, but as someone who has experienced both a raiding/farming life and a succesful one if i were to say, let me teach you guys something.

1. Are you hurting arrgh?

Are you damaging arrgh? Probably not, Are you refraining them from making money? Yes, Do they care? some do, some dont. 

2. Is this worth it?

Obviously not, Picking a fight with arrgh has no benefits nor a good reason to do at all, The only legitimate/good reason that one could have is to have fun. Thats all there is to it.

If you plan to war arrgh then the most thing you could do is to be annoying. What do I mean by "being annoying"? Well, Perma blockading, beige cycling, Staying online at their daychange and kill their stuff when they try to buy/double buy. Making sure they dont get out of blockade by having a decent amount of ships and so on. This is to prevent them from making any money at all. Will they care? most will, others wont. is this economically worth it? No, obviously not. Will you end up taking more damage than what arrgh does? Of course, Are you still willing to do it? thats your own decision.

If you want to achieve something, Keep this war with arrgh for at least 6+ months. Keep the perma blockades/beige cyclings consistent. Only then might you see yourself hurting arrgh. Are you able to afford a 6+ months war with arrgh? I dont know, is it worth it? no, you'll get eaten by others alive while you're busy with arrgh. 

Thats all from me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Vein said:

This has gone for 9+ pages? wow. I haven't bothered reading every single shit here since everyone is pretty much repeating themself, but as someone who has experienced both a raiding/farming life and a succesful one if i were to say, let me teach you guys something.

1. Are you hurting arrgh?

Are you damaging arrgh? Probably not, Are you refraining them from making money? Yes, Do they care? some do, some dont. 

2. Is this worth it?

Obviously not, Picking a fight with arrgh has no benefits nor a good reason to do at all, The only legitimate/good reason that one could have is to have fun. Thats all there is to it.

If you plan to war arrgh then the most thing you could do is to be annoying. What do I mean by "being annoying"? Well, Perma blockading, beige cycling, Staying online at their daychange and kill their stuff when they try to buy/double buy. Making sure they dont get out of blockade by having a decent amount of ships and so on. This is to prevent them from making any money at all. Will they care? most will, others wont. is this economically worth it? No, obviously not. Will you end up taking more damage than what arrgh does? Of course, Are you still willing to do it? thats your own decision.

If you want to achieve something, Keep this war with arrgh for at least 6+ months. Keep the perma blockades/beige cyclings consistent. Only then might you see yourself hurting arrgh. Are you able to afford a 6+ months war with arrgh? I dont know, is it worth it? no, you'll get eaten by others alive while you're busy with arrgh. 

Thats all from me. 

I would think if you can get Arrgh to agree to stop raiding you, that would be your victory condition.  Now will Arrgh ever do that? that is the question, I believe at one point they did have a no raid list, i dont know if they still do.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I would think if you can get Arrgh to agree to stop raiding you, that would be your victory condition.  Now will Arrgh ever do that? that is the question

Nope. We won't.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I believe at one point they did have a no raid list, i dont know if they still do.

That's true, but pretty old history. Before Papers, Please, Arrgh had a quite strict DNR list and was more "careful" with its raids.
After Papers, Please, Arrgh kept only a short DNR with just some friendly alliances and the alliances that were buying pirate insurance.
For the rest 3 years, there is no actual DNR list in Arrgh.

Edited by Ripper
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I would think if you can get Arrgh to agree to stop raiding you, that would be your victory condition.  Now will Arrgh ever do that?

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Nope. We won't.

632589255515963401.png?v=1 

• Haha 5

Expectation:

image.png.b5197d47dba64c20e9379814ae6ad7a3.png

Reality:

soldier-bunker-Viet-Cong-Vietnam-War.jpg

Edited by Corpsman
Jesus that was hard to structure, smh.
  • Haha 4

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

Arrgh can never be defeated because they are one of the very few alliances that breeds fierce individualists who choose to work together. Almost every other alliance is only as strong as their organisational skills. Arrgh has no real organisation, and is infinitely adaptable as they dominate their chosen ecosystem. 

If you want to defeat Arrgh, you have to do that 6 month campaign to Yarr...

• Like 5

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

In case it's been lost on anyone, Arrgh has dealt 26bil in damage too The swamp(resources/infra/units yada yada), taking into account loot, 23 bil. Arrgh has received 10 bil(same stuff) in damage, but looted around 5 bil. Arrgh losses are at around 5 bil. 

• Like 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

1 hour ago, James II said:

In case it's been lost on anyone, Arrgh has dealt 26bil in damage too The swamp(resources/infra/units yada yada), taking into account loot, 23 bil. Arrgh has received 10 bil(same stuff) in damage, but looted around 5 bil. Arrgh losses are at around 5 bil. 

Thanks for the numbers.

In wars against raiders, I don't think numbers are as relevant because Arrgh and other raiding alliances play by different rules. I think a better victory condition would be if Swamp can pin Arrgh down and prevent them from really doing anything. 

While I do think Swamp has that capability, I don't think they have pulled it off yet and they may ultimately not be able to. 

new_forum_sig_2.png

44 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

Thanks for the numbers.

In wars against raiders, I don't think numbers are as relevant because Arrgh and other raiding alliances play by different rules. I think a better victory condition would be if Swamp can pin Arrgh down and prevent them from really doing anything. 

While I do think Swamp has that capability, I don't think they have pulled it off yet and they may ultimately not be able to. 

My point was, it clearly wasn't worth it :P

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

On 10/23/2020 at 6:56 PM, Thalmor said:

Thanks for the numbers.

I'd also argue that the main cost of this war isn't a visible one tracked by Borg or Carthago's bots. It's the reputation of these Swamp alliances, fresh off a victory, now looking like a paper tiger while Arrgh continues to mount billions per day in damages. It's also worth wondering how many nations have sold infra or refrained from building/rebuilding during this time. Peacetime is prime growth and tiering opportunity that "major powers" can't afford to miss.

I'm sure Quack, Rose, and Hedge are just looking on with popcorn in-hand at this point while the sphere with the largest lower tier(s) is hampered from growing into a threat while they tighten their tiering and grow fat on that 3.5k+ infra.

• Upvote 3

This is silly. So much hubris and ego on these forums.

Let's be honest. Arrgh is getting it's butt kicked.

Just some basic arithmetic should clear this up. 

I know it's fun to talk about burning pixels and destroying infra and all that but there's only so much infra to destroy. You can talk a big game with all the stat padding. Obviously we have bigger infra losses, we're a bigger AA. We bought that infra  a long time ago. It's a sunken cost. Sure, we'll rebuild after. AAs know infra will be lost and there are savings for that. Infrastructure is a fixed cost.

The real costs are on the battlefield. Those are costs that you pay for every day. Those are costs that will just keep going up as long as this war goes on. The limit does not exist. Troops, loot, munitions, gas, steel. As of 10/26 - all of Swamp has taken 12.79b in losses, 9.37b after accounting for loot. Arrgh has taken 9.15b in losses or 5b after accounting for loot.  

Swamp is 600+ nations. Arrgh is 50. 

We're at about $15.6 million per nation (with a 600 nation lowball used), over what? almost 30 days now? So this war is costing us $521k/day per nation. Our nations are big, we have cities and commerce. With steel up again, I make that internally in like 2 turns. 

Arrgh is spending $100 million per nation or $3.3 million/day. That is 6 times more per nation per day on this war. Those are real day-to-day costs. Not to mention half their nations have under 10 cities. And the pirate economy has been limited due to blockades. 

So who really can go on longer here? 

Like you all have pointed out before. You're a bunch of individuals. Some of you aren't fairing well. Some nations stopped fighting back. Now they're just sitting pirate farms that I raid  and recoup losses on. If this war drags on, more nations will just go into VM or stop fighting back and turn into a pirate farm.

I get about $10 million every 5 days out of one. Another is blockaded and out of food. Can't trade, can't buy soldiers to raid. smh I still have a full standing military. That $10mil should cover my military upkeep. And after 12 nukes, my infra is blown to shit, so have fun trying to hurt me. My infra costs $165m total. I've taken $145m in damages and already raided $70mil to help rebuild. Keep sending those $7mil nukes my way too. LOL such a great ROI

Are the 6 of you that are in net profit this war going to keep dragging the other 44 through the mud for this charade that pirates are  unbeatable? 

We have 33 nations in net profit, and every day that number will grow at the expense of your guys.  

• Downvote 2

Why do people buy infra? More infra is more taxes. We are dealing more in damage to you on a daily basis than the taxes you collect. Good luck with the rebuild.

As for damage, it's an interesting assumption that damage is equally distributed across Swamp. We haven't even bothered fighting some of you, and some others have taken close to a billion in damage.

As for profits, the alliance as a whole is in profit. Swamp aren't the only ones we are raiding. We are raiding other alliances too. If you want to spend your resources on fighting us, though, no one minds. 

Look at the writing on the wall sometime. While you guys are busy wasting warchest on non-existent pixels, other spheres have already tiered and militarized.

Don't rate yourself so highly. Pirates are always with 3 slots full. Other times, it's some random nations, and now, it's Swamp. What's the difference? We will continue raiding you and you are welcome to waste resources 'hurting' us.

1 hour ago, MBaku said:

And the pirate economy has been limited due to blockades. So who really can go on longer here?

Pirates. Because we are always under blockade and we are always fighting. Makes no difference whether it's Swamp or anyone else in Orbis. People have done larger anti-piracy operations for much longer before. All have failed.

This play may be an “OP move” for the next war. Swamp knew they would get their ass kicked in a fair fight or against a decent sphere, so they gave themselves an out with this Arrgh war.

I can hear it now: “we would have done well in <insert war name here>, but we were busy dealing with Arrgh”. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Relic said:

This play may be an “OP move” for the next war. Swamp knew they would get their ass kicked in a fair fight or against a decent sphere, so they gave themselves an out with this Arrgh war.

I can hear it now: “we would have done well in <insert war name here>, but we were busy dealing with Arrgh”. 

Eh... I think you're giving them too much credit. The impression I get is that swamp actually believes they are accomplishing something.

The reality is Swamp is utterly ignorant of how piracy/arrgh works, as evidenced multiple times in this thread.

Damage stats are currently: $4,545,804,884.07 vs $25,524,539,178.83, which is approx. a 5.61x damage ratio in favour of Arrgh - for comparison Arrgh vs. TKR was roughly even. Leaving aside the flawed premise of the plan, the execution itself has been absolutely woeful.