Walk The Plank (ROH)

Richard Payne III

4 hours ago, Richard Payne III said:

Yes, it strokes my ego 😎

glad we've established the real reason

no, I don't care for the cost to sit on them.

doesnt matter whether you care or not, the cost remains the same

As for competence, you said it yourself, you don't follow us. So really you shouldn't even had mentioned competence. However, since you did let me tell you something. Do you think TKR, Rose, Grumpy, T$ or any of the others became "competent" by sitting around not fighting? By laying back and hugging pixels right?

your point here is really weird and it doesnt really make sense. all of these alliances have been around longer, have had more experience and have more prestige. they don't need to go to war every 3-6 months to remain good at the game. they already have all the skills they need to succeed. not only that but rose has been fighting raiders for months and im sure the others have been as well idk i dont stalk their war page. why do you think rose never posted an roh on the forums on arrgh? because they arent clowns and they dont need to remind everyone of their presence because they're GOOD and people respect them

despite personal feelings I think that's the general consensus in Orbis.

yeah most of orbis is dumb

I'll keep blaring my war horns till my guys are deemed "Competent." 

dont waste your breathe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hope said:

glad we've established the real reason

doesnt matter whether you care or not, the cost remains the same

your point here is really weird and it doesnt really make sense. all of these alliances have been around longer, have had more experience and have more prestige. they don't need to go to war every 3-6 months to remain good at the game. they already have all the skills they need to succeed. not only that but rose has been fighting raiders for months and im sure the others have been as well idk i dont stalk their war page. why do you think rose never posted an roh on the forums on arrgh? because they arent clowns and they dont need to remind everyone of their presence because they're GOOD and people respect them

yeah most of orbis is dumb

dont waste your breathe. 

Damn. Too bad the guys you're sticking up for have never heard your name. Also, I think we've warred more often then that tbh. Gotta make up for the 5 years these other aas got on me ofc.

Just now, Richard Payne III said:

Damn. Too bad the guys you're sticking up for have never heard your name. Also, I think we've warred more often then that tbh. Gotta make up for the 5 years these other aas got on me ofc.

I also should say that I promise most of orbis knows my name 😜

24 minutes ago, Richard Payne III said:

Yeah, I remember raiding you one time, thanks for that 😄

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

33 minutes ago, Richard Payne III said:

by what standard hun? even if they didnt know me (they do) it’s better than being known as the clown alliance who posts RoH’s in response to Arrgh raids or as the alliance that got utterly BTFO’d by GOONS that one time

Edited by hope
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

There is no "winning" or "losing" in such wars for Arrgh.
We don't care about the wars to begin with.
Wars and politics of regular alliances are not the same for Arrgh.

In Arrgh, the player or the alliance "wins" when we achieve our goals.
Our goals are doing whatever we want, having fun and stealing money and burning things.

We could as well ignore all the wars from Swamp and pretend they are the regular counters we get anyway due to our raids.

But causing some extra harm on doomed anti-piracy campaigns is more fun. :v

Long story short, we are not here for Orbis domination, so we don't care about making blocs and blobs or destroying "enemies".
We are not here to play farmville either, so we don't care about war losses.

You could say every day is a win for a pirate if they do pirate things. How convenient, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, speaking about goals, I would love to hear the goals of Swamp behind this war.
Because, if the goal is to end piracy, I will be laughing in pirate for a while.

Well put~

See, what I was trying to say was that pirates do indeed always win, for the simple reason that they don't need any material things to win; they just need to pirate. Thus there is nothing to lose and always something to win.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Richard Payne III said:

Don't assume someone is new because their nation says "209" days old. I know hope well, raided in Arrgh with hope ages ago, never even paid attention to Arrgh "wars" (usually with TKR). That is the kind of alliance Arrgh is. The kind that does not give a F###.

And you say most of Orbis knows your name but maybe I am just confused, I thought you were some kind of massive pixel hugger and this war against Arrgh kind of just cements that opinion in my mind imho. If you looked back you would see many of these anti-pirate wars and they all end the same way. When in Rose I had people train milcom/econ by raiding Arrgh nations cause no one cares lol. But good luck I guess.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Ripper said:

1. Ignore the "counters" or wars declared on you.
2. Manage your double-buys and declare wars as usual on raidable targets.
3. Win with ground/naval attacks against inactive or incapable people.
4. Get money.
5. Lose some money from beiges.
6. Declare the next wars.

I don't see how your wars are any different from standard counters. The right way to raid is with 5 offensive wars and 3 defensive ones.

Why does it matter if the defensive slots are filled by a specific alliance or 20 different ones?

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Our goals are doing whatever we want, having fun and stealing money and burning things.

We could as well ignore all the wars from Swamp and pretend they are the regular counters we get anyway due to our raids.

Long story short, we are not here for Orbis domination, so we don't care about making blocs and blobs or destroying "enemies".

You could say every day is a win for a pirate if they do pirate things. How convenient, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, speaking about goals, I would love to hear the goals of Swamp behind this war.
Because, if the goal is to end piracy, I will be laughing in pirate for a while.

There's Ripper. I can't argue with this man. He actually makes sense. Come talk to me on discord, I've said plenty of times I can't and wouldn't try to end arrgh lol. Thats impossible. 

1 hour ago, Mayor said:

Don't assume someone is new because their nation says "209" days old. I know hope well, raided in Arrgh with hope ages ago, never even paid attention to Arrgh "wars" (usually with TKR). That is the kind of alliance Arrgh is. The kind that does not give a F###.

And you say most of Orbis knows your name but maybe I am just confused, I thought you were some kind of massive pixel hugger and this war against Arrgh kind of just cements that opinion in my mind imho. If you looked back you would see many of these anti-pirate wars and they all end the same way. When in Rose I had people train milcom/econ by raiding Arrgh nations cause no one cares lol. But good luck I guess.

You don't even make sense mayor. Go lay down

Edited by Richard Payne III
Typo, added
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 1:50 AM, Murtaza said:

Let me explain you how raiding works.

There are 5 slots for raiding

A real pirate would have 6. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

~*HannaH*~

The Knights Radiant

Ghostblood Babsk

On 10/5/2020 at 11:14 PM, Richard Payne III said:

Maybe it's cause I'm new, or don't hang out on the forums too much, but I gotta say, this is my first time seeing a "Do you know who I am" on PnW forums. Lul. Even funnier, it wasn't used by a known public figure like Kev, Keeg, Abbas, or $nek, to name a few. 

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Ripper said:

It seems to me that all wars play out the same. We zero out your mil and sit on blockades. 

No mil= no raids = no pirating 

And pirates have no commerce so perma-blockades + zero mil =  no money

So it appears we can stop you from achieving your goals. 

Your whole alliance has 4 nukes left and almost no money to make more. The part of the war where Arrgh can fight back is coming to a close. You can pretend these are regular counters but they're not. As for swamp goals, that's over my pay grade. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MBaku said:

It seems to me that all wars play out the same. We zero out your mil and sit on blockades. 

Your whole alliance has 4 nukes left and almost no money to make more. The part of the war where Arrgh can fight back is coming to a close. You can pretend these are regular counters but they're not. As for swamp goals, that's over my pay grade. 

1. We let MAPs stack, build mil, do our attacks, and are done for the day.

2. You're not competent or disciplined enough for perma blockades. Any noob I hit will beige me.

3. Our daily buys and the occasional baseball is sufficient for us to build nukes.

Pro tip: Understand the people you are fighting before fighting them.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MBaku said:

You can pretend these are regular counters but they're not. As for swamp goals, that's over my pay grade. 

Do tell me how you are any different from any other anti-piracy campaigns that we've seen the past 5 years:
https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/Arrgh#Notable_Conflicts

16 minutes ago, MBaku said:

As for swamp goals, that's over my pay grade. 

So, the regular membership has no idea what they are fighting for. That's nice. :v

17 minutes ago, MBaku said:

We can debate all we want now, but we will only know who was right when the conflict is over.

And there are only two scenarios for the end of this conflict:

• 1. Your bloc will unilaterally declare white peace and that you achieved your goals. We will not accept that and will keep hitting you for a while, but eventually will get bored and go back to regular raiding.
  • 2. You will surrender and we will ask for money for pirate insurance.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MBaku said:

Your lack of knowledge of game mechanics is showing. Please read what Ripper and other pirates have said again, but this time carefully.

• Upvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

18 hours ago, Richard Payne III said:

You don't even make sense mayor. Go lay down

I was very tired...

2 hours ago, MBaku said:

Ever heard of one ship raiding? Literally funds enough for a double buy to break blockade or a nuke and baseball can make the difference (I have funded 1 entire nuke using money from baseball; it can be done but I don't recommend it). Usually some nation will have lackluster ships anyways and you can get out. Also credits really mean a blockade achieves little; most of my spare cash from raids was spent buying credits during beige for the next round of wars.

And personally I have always had commerce + food while I am raiding, so saying "all pirates have no commerce" is kind of ridiculous since people have their own preferred strategy.

And lastly saying that Arrgh has only 4 nukes left is kind of meaningless since all of my 171 nukes launched were using the 1 daily buy since they cannot be spied away, others in Arrgh will probably do the same.

Still though keep at it with these pirates. I just want to sit in peace without being attacked by Arrgh every other week so I really do appreciate the hard work. :)

2 hours ago, Mayor said:

I was very tired...

Ever heard of one ship raiding? Literally funds enough for a double buy to break blockade or a nuke and baseball can make the difference (I have funded 1 entire nuke using money from baseball; it can be done but I don't recommend it). Usually some nation will have lackluster ships anyways and you can get out. Also credits really mean a blockade achieves little; most of my spare cash from raids was spent buying credits during beige for the next round of wars.

And personally I have always had commerce + food while I am raiding, so saying "all pirates have no commerce" is kind of ridiculous since people have their own preferred strategy.

And lastly saying that Arrgh has only 4 nukes left is kind of meaningless since all of my 171 nukes launched were using the 1 daily buy since they cannot be spied away, others in Arrgh will probably do the same.

Still though keep at it with these pirates. I just want to sit in peace without being attacked by Arrgh every other week so I really do appreciate the hard work. :)

I will say that you and ripper make valid points, but the thing is most of arrgh isn't that skilled in raiding. So, pretty much what I've said in the last 100 comments. The core with stay pretty well off, while the members start to flake off.

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2020 at 3:55 AM, Ripper said:

You're like the 30-year old mother who says their child should get a trophy because at least "he participated" and the goal is to "have fun".
It is, indeed, the epitome of lameness and intellectual dishonesty.

Edited by JERRY_XLII
  • Haha 5