Message Update

Shantaezeonna

A good Idea for an Update would be Updating messages. By this I mean something more modern. Because rightnow it gives me 1950 vibes. And If you'd be able to call that'd be nice because if they're "leaders of the world" What if they want to make alliances. and having to refresh messages is not the most pleasant thing. And not everyone has discord so you should be able to have like group messaging to. The game is very good I will admit, but for it to become better your messaging system should change! -fromhttps://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=243949

• Upvote 1

Not like Discord is hard to download, and really there’s nothing you can code into the game that’ll be able to replace discord (at least nothing that won’t require a ton of effort and all other updates to come to a halt for months at the least).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Shantaezeonna said:

A good Idea for an Update would be Updating messages. By this I mean something more modern. Because rightnow it gives me 1950 vibes. And If you'd be able to call that'd be nice because if they're "leaders of the world" What if they want to make alliances. and having to refresh messages is not the most pleasant thing. And not everyone has discord so you should be able to have like group messaging to. The game is very good I will admit, but for it to become better your messaging system should change! -fromhttps://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=243949

I think group messaging would be a nice improvement, and if new message notifications or notifications in general would appear without page refreshes that would also be convenient. Another idea might be sorting out the occasional odd BBCode behaviour and adding a toolbar above the text field for easily adding BBCode and media into messages. However, I think for voice chat you're better off just using a third party app that actually focuses on providing that type of service. Many alliances already use Discord as a primary means of disseminating information to their membership, and also incorporate the use of bots for a lot of additional functionality. As such I think it would be a waste of effort for Alex to worry about expanding the messaging system functionality beyond the current basics when a third party service is already quite popularly filling that need, but some refinements to the existing functionality would be nice.

3 hours ago, Shantaezeonna said:

I never asked for you opinion, and no one ever mention discord so don't come on my suggestion talking it down, and starting mess, because I don't do it to you.

This is a discussion forum...where people discuss things. Please put away the misguided attitude.

Edited by Zephyr

Okay, you're right and the discussion was mine, but again I never asked for an opinion. From you at least and why we talking about attitudes shall we take a look at what you said "It's not like discord is hard to fine" so come correct next time.

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Shantaezeonna said:

I never asked for you opinion, and no one ever mention discord so don't come on my suggestion talking it down, and starting mess, because I don't do it to you.

This is an open discussion forum where anyone is allowed to state their opinions, whether you like those opinions or not. And you kinda did directly mention Discord in your original post, plus an in game messaging system would be a direct competitor to Discord anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Shantaezeonna said:

But its my descuison so stay off of it if you'n got shit nice to say, unless you wanna link up, like.

AND NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO PLAY HAVE DISCORD, so you gone and wash yourself up because we don't do dirty

You don't get to decide that, get over yourself. The only thing dumber than your idea right now is you. Only you can change that. Stop acting like a petulant child.

Sucks for them, to be quite Frank. As stated it's not difficult to download (infact it can be used the browser without a download at all!) And literally every alliance worth even the slightest of shits will require you to have it. 

So if you dont, congratulations, your gameplay is maximized to joining a terrible micro and getting raided until you quit because you can't be bothered to make an account for a browser bases chat program. If that's the hill ya wanna die on, go for it, it's your fault tho, be angry only at yourself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, MCMaster-095 said:

Not like Discord is hard to download, and really there’s nothing you can code into the game that’ll be able to replace discord (at least nothing that won’t require a ton of effort and all other updates to come to a halt for months at the least).

@Shantaezeonna

Hatred of new players is common in this game. Don't get discouraged from making more suggestions. I highly suggest you play the game for at least a month to get the hang of it before any forum posts.(I don't know if you are/aren't older than month already) Also use the search feature in the suggestions forum before you make a suggestion. Most likely if you thought of it someone else has as well.

Usually original ideas gets more positive responses and confounds frequent trolls.

Good luck!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Messaging does maybe need a touch-up or two I agree, but there might be some other items to tweak first.

2 hours ago, Akuryo said:

You don't get to decide that, get over yourself. The only thing dumber than your idea right now is you. Only you can change that. Stop acting like a petulant child.

Sucks for them, to be quite Frank. As stated it's not difficult to download (infact it can be used the browser without a download at all!) And literally every alliance worth even the slightest of shits will require you to have it. 

So if you dont, congratulations, your gameplay is maximized to joining a terrible micro and getting raided until you quit because you can't be bothered to make an account for a browser bases chat program. If that's the hill ya wanna die on, go for it, it's your fault tho, be angry only at yourself.

Nah; TKR is based and orangepilled, and doesn't require Discord at all.

Just ignore that they might require something else...

• Haha 2

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

While the messaging system is definitely dated and should be updated, 70% of this game takes place on discord, and almost all alliances that dont require discord or something similar typically fail within a month.

5 hours ago, Shantaezeonna said:

Okay, you're right and the discussion was mine, but again I never asked for an opinion. From you at least and why we talking about attitudes shall we take a look at what you said "It's not like discord is hard to fine" so come correct next time.

The discussion isn't yours; the suggestions forum is open to participation by all players, nobody needs your permission to share an opinion here.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Another idea might be sorting out the occasional odd BBCode behaviour and adding a toolbar above the text field for easily adding BBCode and media into messages.

It's done on the test server, and should be live next week :)

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link