Treasure Trading

Theodosius

This suggestion contradicts the original intention of Alex. I would like to quote him:

"Why can't we trade them?

The game has a complex economy based around resources, and that's great. The reason that you can't trade treasures like resources is because we want to promote war, not trade. The economics of the game is doing very, very well. The issue we're seeing is that in higher tiers nations and alliances don't want to fight each other. Treasures are here to incentivize war."

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/4491-1222015-treasures/&tab=comments#comment-65649

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Theodosius said:

- Cap the amount of treasures one nation can hold to 2.

To prevent biggest/richest nations from hoarding all the treasures.

@Menhera I'm going to give you 30m to buy these two treasures.  Then find someone else in the AA to buy another 2.  I'll buy two myself too.

Tldr, you've solved nothing and it's a stupid rule.

• Haha 1

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

43 minutes ago, Joe Baker said:

This suggestion contradicts the original intention of Alex. I would like to quote him:

The game has a complex economy based around resources, and that's great. The reason that you can't trade treasures like resources is because we want to promote war, not trade. The economics of the game is doing very, very well. The issue we're seeing is that in higher tiers nations and alliances don't want to fight each other. Treasures are here to incentivize war."

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/4491-1222015-treasures/&tab=comments#comment-65649

Except when Alex banned treasure transfers through predetermined wars he also said he would implement a feature to buy and sell them since he took away a key game mechanic that was used. We have been waiting months now for this feature that Alex promised us.

Edited by Leopold von Habsburg
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 9/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, Joe Baker said:

We should just make them so you cant trade them while at war. Problem solved and you get the best of both mechanics

• Upvote 1

Might as well be able to trade them. Would honestly rather see them reworked, replaced or removed though.

Treasures were made to replace color blocs, which were removed to stop color colony abuse.

Then treasures themselves were nerfed to stop treasure stacking abuse.

Then color blocs were reintroduced, albeit in a different manner.

At this point the entire mechanic is redundant and outdated. 

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

On 9/8/2020 at 2:30 PM, Theodosius said:

Inspired by this discussion, I'm starting this separate thread to draw more awareness to this issue. We're all aware that treasure trading via war has been banned by rules for a while now. A trading system was announced to take its place, but considering there has been no movement on this since the day treasure trading was rendered illegal a few months ago, I believe this should be put to consideration again and added to the docket for the next update. Here is my suggestion:

Personal trade offers for buying and selling treasures.

- Nation to nation treasure offers. One side receives the money, the other receives the treasure.
  Standard trade offer stuff, just like for the resources.

- 5 day cooldown on treasure movement.
  For obvious purposes of preventing playing hot potatoes with treasures.

- If the treasure bearer is blockaded, the treasure can not be traded.
  Self-explanatory.

- Cap the amount of treasures one nation can hold to 2.
  To prevent biggest/richest nations from hoarding all the treasures.

If y'all think of something else this system would need, throw it in the comments below.

Solid suggestion.

Suggestion updated to reflect the feedback about treasure min-maxing. Not being able to buy a treasure if you already have one will prevent whale min-maxing, while at the same time it wouldn't interfere with people obtaining treasures via war or RNG spawn, where it would be incredibly rare to find yourself holding 2 treasures, either during a war when they're basically worthless, or having some rare luck with the RNG.

In the dev team, Alex and Prefontaine have indicated their intention to remove the treasure mechanic altogether, and replace it with a new feature called luxury resources, which is similar to CyberNation's resource system (each nation has two and you can do trade deals to access others)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

unknown_3_1_65.png

14 hours ago, Changeup said:

In the dev team, Alex and Prefontaine have indicated their intention to remove the treasure mechanic altogether, and replace it with a new feature called luxury resources, which is similar to CyberNation's resource system (each nation has two and you can do trade deals to access others)

Please, can we try to avoid replicating more of the mechanics of that game here? CN trading circles were an interesting thing, sure, but PnW has a dynamic market system and far more options for players to try to obtain a better setup for themselves and their friends. CN trading circles, even after they were changed to allow nations to set their own resources, were a mess to deal with, and certain national combinations were disadvantaged simply from the luck of the draw mechanically to even begin with (I had Lead/Oil, which doomed me to a half-decent inflexible circle if I wanted anything halfway decent, instead of something truly good for any situation, but even that was more palatable than people who drew something like Furs/Lead which was totally useless). Fortunately, we do not have a similar mechanic in this game which can advantage or disadvantage nations on the sheer luck of RNG from the founding of your nation.

• Upvote 4

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

12 hours ago, Theodosius said:

More CN transplants, great, said nobody ever. 

People do not want more mechanics from a dead game. While treasures may not be perfect, they add a layer to the game that actually makes you put in the effort to acquire them. Trading treasures was also a layer of the game that added content until it was forbidden without a replacement. The player base is simply asking for a way to trade them, as promised.

12 hours ago, Zed said:

Please, can we try to avoid replicating more of the mechanics of that game here? CN trading circles were an interesting thing, sure, but PnW has a dynamic market system and far more options for players to try to obtain a better setup for themselves and their friends. CN trading circles, even after they were changed to allow nations to set their own resources, were a mess to deal with, and certain national combinations were disadvantaged simply from the luck of the draw mechanically to even begin with (I had Lead/Oil, which doomed me to a half-decent inflexible circle if I wanted anything halfway decent, instead of something truly good for any situation, but even that was more palatable than people who drew something like Furs/Lead which was totally useless). Fortunately, we do not have a similar mechanic in this game which can advantage or disadvantage nations on the sheer luck of RNG from the founding of your nation.

Believe me, I'm not a fan.

unknown_3_1_65.png