Reduce MAP cost of missiles

Raphael

If I recall correctly the iron dome blocks on the basis on all missiles ever launched overall. Instead of locally calculating the chance a missile could be shot down every missile is assigned a number (like 1 or 2). This happens after the last missile launched by any nation.

This is what was explained by Alex, and it's a needlessly roundabout way of doing something so simple.

So this comes to your suggestion that missiles and nukes need about the same amount of waiting time anyways. As a former person person that actually plays the game I always choose missiles over nukes unless the person had over 2000 infra.

So there just two solutions:

Nerf planes again.

Increase the damage of nukes and missiles.

(And I know people will come under this post clutching their pearls and losing their powdered wigs)

Edited by Deulos
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Deulos said:

If I recall correctly the iron dome blocks on the basis on all missiles ever launched overall. Instead of locally calculating the chance a missile could be shot down every missile is assigned a number (like 1 or 2). This happens after the last missile launched by any nation.

This is what was explained by Alex, and it's a needlessly roundabout way of doing something so simple.

So this comes to your suggestion that missiles and nukes need about the same amount of waiting time anyways. As a former person person that actually plays the game I always choose missiles over nukes unless the person had over 2000 infra.

So there just two solutions:

Nerf planes again.

Increase the damage of nukes and missiles.

(And I know people will come under this post clutching their pearls and losing their powdered wigs)

If that is true about missile calculations, while it does solve things mechanically very easily, it is a solution that does not mean that the individual user of a Project gains its benefit as a total whole. I cannot say I like this as an idea.

Personally, I would make it much harder for nations to use or obtain nuclear weapons. But that ship may have already sailed. Missiles are, in my opinion, much more readily available and should theoretically be much more accessible to nations than nukes.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

I don’t think this is a good buff for missiles, you said it yourself. You aren’t using missiles when you are winning but losing, and should someone losing a war be able to cheese 36 res worth of damage at 12 map? (3 res per map vs ground 3.33) I don’t think it should be a possibility even with iron dome it should be not optimal as a losing persons tool. As well as this is more of a buff for pirates who don’t have the military to finish a war so they lob the missiles for a beige.

if you want a missile buff perhaps improvements destroyed could be upped or have a chance to be upped.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, KingGhost said:

I don’t think it should be a possibility even with iron dome it should be not optimal as a losing persons tool. As well as this is more of a buff for pirates who don’t have the military to finish a war so they lob the missiles for a beige.

Pirate man bad. Der Der der

Seriously, lobbing three missiles at an opponent, pirate or not, is a viable option. And reducing 36 resistance is fair trade off for the imbalance of spies. If you are lucky enough to have 3 missiles ready at all times and not have them spied away.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Deulos said:

Pirate man bad. Der Der der

Seriously, lobbing three missiles at an opponent, pirate or not, is a viable option. And reducing 36 resistance is fair trade off for the imbalance of spies. If you are lucky enough to have 3 missiles ready at all times and not have them spied away.

Where did you get three missiles from? Either you don’t know how much resistance missiles do and math is hard or you are taking into account ID even though I stated why that even taking into ID into account it shouldn’t be a possibility to cheese 36 resistance by buying missiles and using them, which wont be spied if used instantly. (so basically you didn’t read my post at all). I’ll repeat it, a losing persons tool shouldn’t be optimal, efficient in reducing resistance.

Also don’t try to make it look like I’m basing my disagreement on it being good for pirates when I explained it with reasons unrelated to them I simply mentioned really only pirates would benefit from this a majority amount of the time.

• Downvote 1

Honestly... that's a pretty substantial buff to missiles. It's already possible to beige someone off missiles alone, cutting their action points that deeply makes them nearly as powerful as uncontested aircraft in terms of infra damage and grinding resistance... 🤔

So, yay! missiles :D

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KingGhost said:

Also don’t try to make it look like I’m basing my disagreement on it being good for pirates when I explained it with reasons unrelated to them I simply mentioned really only pirates would benefit from this a majority amount of the time.

Only reasons you provided was it benefiting pirates and you not wanting losers to get any extra hits in...

14 hours ago, KingGhost said:

As well as this is more of a buff for pirates who don’t have the military to finish a war so they lob the missiles for a beige.

Is launching a missile to beige an opponent an unfair tactic to you?

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Deulos said:

Only reasons you provided was it benefiting pirates and you not wanting losers to get any extra hits in...

Is launching a missile to beige an opponent an unfair tactic to you?

Yikes. Reading is pretty hard.

Reason = Missiles are tools used when losing, shouldn’t be literally as MAP

—>efficient <— as uncontested planes especially when there’s no way to stop it if someone has a brain. This is my reason, not when I commented that only pirates would really benefit from this a majority amount of the time 

beiging with current missiles are valid and fine as well, I would’ve done it many times if I had MLP when I was a pirate.  But holy shit being able to beige from 36 at even 0 mil? Literally if you drop under 36% you can be insta beiged by someone with 0 mil?

You are right about me not liking people who are losing a war getting this amount extra resistance damage in that is hard to counter. Incase you didn’t know usually when you are losing you don’t get luxurious options. Y’know the whole idea that you are losing means you are at a disadvantage and won’t likely win the war

Imo I do not think missiles main role is not to do resistance damage and win you wars but instead a way for the losers side to use MAPs to continue doing damage where they can and if the opponent is incompetent they could win. So my suggestion to buff them was why not make them the improvement destroying tools of the game, rn missiles/nukes only destroy 1/2 improvs respectively and I don’t think increasing that is a bad change, could increase infra dmg etc. if you want to be able to double missile at 6map per I think the res dmg should be lowered to 13/14.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, KingGhost said:

But holy shit being able to beige from 36 at even 0 mil? Literally if you drop under 36% you can be insta beiged by someone with 0 mil?

You are right about me not liking people who are losing a war getting this amount extra resistance damage in that is hard to counter. Incase you didn’t know usually when you are losing you don’t get luxurious options. Y’know the whole idea that you are losing means you are at a disadvantage and won’t likely win the war

Not really a valid argument. If you let someone with 0 mil beige you its because you are sitting on them and deliberately not beiging yourself (or just plain incompetence) - now that you mention it might actually be a good way of encouraging people to finish wars like they are intended.

Anyway, I think this is a reasonable suggestion given the introduction of project + comparatively to the amount of infra that can be destroyed more efficiently via air/ships.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, KingGhost said:

So my suggestion to buff them was why not make them the improvement destroying tools of the game, rn missiles/nukes only destroy 1/2 improvs respectively and I don’t think increasing that is a bad change, could increase infra dmg etc. if you want to be able to double missile at 6map per I think the res dmg should be lowered to 13/14.

You're all over the place. First you disagree missiles shouldn't be buffed, now you agree they should be buffed.

Smh

Edited by Deulos
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely like this idea, but have to admit I'm about as biased as @Sir Scarfalot when it comes to anything involving missiles.

So maybe to appease the people freaking out, reduce the resistance they damage proportional to the MAP change, this would also slightly buff Iron Dome just a touch since it would take more missiles to do the same resistance damage therefore more chances of being shot down.

Edited by Ukunaka
  • Downvote 1