Market Trends

Quelye

You're always so optimistic, Placentica.  Are you involved in finance, by any chance?

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

You're always so optimistic, Placentica.  Are you involved in finance, by any chance?

Not directly, but it's somewhat involved in what I do and what my degree was in.  And just enjoying it in general.

lol moist kangaroo.  I actually enjoy the competition.  It really is more an art than just blunt under/overcutting.  And prediction of where value will go.  That's while Amir does most the buy/sell undercutting and yet has a small nation.  He just does it without thinking about returns for trends.

Now uranium is starting to re-adjust, lol.

The *real* problem is we have market that aren't fluid enough.  Once this game gets to say 10,000 nations, we *will* see the buy/sell offers equal to one another.  Maybe $10-100 difference, but otherwise very close.  This is how markets should function.  But because of the lack of fluidity you have huge buy/sell discrepancies due to impatience, which we are all guilty of.

The buy/sell offers could even overlap if you get a few people that aren't paying attention.

Anyways, pretty nice jump in bauxite prices earlier today, it'll be interesting to see if they'll return back to normal or stay higher than before. Maybe people are figuring out that aluminum is quite profitable to produce.

Edited by Memph

Market Trends 11/7/14

Market Index: $10,261 (-$5) --- (-0.0%)

1) Aluminum: $1,799 (-$71) --- (-3.8%)

2) Steel: $1,456 (+$9) --- (+0.6%)

3) Uranium: $1,380 (+$118) --- (+9.4%)

4) Gasoline: $1,299 (-$31) --- (-2.3%)

5) Bauxite: $1,269 (+$69) --- (+5.8%)

6) Coal: $1,019 (-$71) --- (-6.5%)

7) Oil: $512 (+$6) --- (+1.2%)

8) Munitions: $501 (+$3) --- (+0.6%)

9) Iron: $491 (-$14) --- (-2.8%)

10) Lead: $378 (-$26) --- (-6.4%)

11) Food: $157 (+$3) --- (+1.9%)

Notes

• The market held its value well at the close of yesterday's market. It dropped by such a small margin that it was only a loss of 0.0004%.
  • Uranium passes gasoline and now occupies the #3 spot on the charts, securing its spot as the most valuable raw resource.
  • Munitions pass iron to regain their #8 position.
  • Sorry the update was so late today, had a crazy day. 
Edited by Athanasios

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

Market Trends 11/8/14

Market Index: $10,529 (+$268) --- (+2.6%)

1) Aluminum: $1,730 (-$69) --- (-3.8%)

2) Uranium: $1,460 (+$80) --- (+5.8%)

3) Steel: $1,457 (+$1) --- (+0.0%)

4) Gasoline: $1,290 (-$9) --- (-1.1%)

5) Bauxite: $1,276 (+$7) --- (+1.1%)

6) Coal: $1,172 (+$153) --- (+15.0%)

7) Munitions: $510 (+$9) --- (+2.1%)

8) Iron: $502 (+$11) --- (+2.2%)

9) Oil: $485 (-$27) --- (-5.3%)

10) Lead: $441 (+$63) --- (16.7%)

11) Food: $206 (+$49) --- (+31.2%)

Notes

• The market had a good day overall. Increases in 8 out of 11 resources helped to fuel that growth. With the TEst/SI war ongoing, prices are likely to continue rising in the next few days, although not anywhere near to the extent that they rose during the War of Debatable Aggression.
  • Uranium passes steel and gains the #2 position.
  • Oil falls from #7 to #9.
  • Munitions and iron rose to #7 and #8, respectively.
  • Food, coal, and lead all had double-digit percentage gains.
  • Overall the market appears to be very strong right now, as it is steadily gaining value and undervalued resources are beginning to reach their production costs.
Edited by Athanasios

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

The Republic

The Republic Map

so during a war lead goes up $60 and munitions goes up $9 :/ well hopefully something starts going up soon papa needs his money 

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

so during a war lead goes up $60 and munitions goes up $9 :/ well hopefully something starts going up soon papa needs his money

Lol the war is only a few hours old, hopefully it'll develop and demand for munitions will increase as the war progresses. I really don't think the war will last long though simply due to TEst's limited member base. Once those 10 nations win/lose to SI's nations in their war range, there won't really be much else to do, I'm assuming. Unless other alliances join in the fray, I'm predicting this war to be pretty short.

Then again, I could be totally wrong, but that's what my first thought tells me.

That's why I put in the update that bit about prices not skyrocketing like they did before. This is (for now) a much smaller-scale war then the last, so I'm assuming it'll be over pretty quick.

The Republic

The Republic Map

Lol the war is only a few hours old, hopefully it'll develop and demand for munitions will increase as the war progresses. I really don't think the war will last long though simply due to TEst's limited member base. Once those 10 nations win/lose to SI's nations in their war range, there won't really be much else to do, I'm assuming. Unless other alliances join in the fray, I'm predicting this war to be pretty short.

Then again, I could be totally wrong, but that's what my first thought tells me.

That's why I put in the update that bit about prices not skyrocketing like they did before. This is (for now) a much smaller-scale war then the last, so I'm assuming it'll be over pretty quick.

Yup, plus pretty much all of TEst's opponents are blockaded.

Yup, plus pretty much all of TEst's opponents are blockaded.

Ah, I didn't realize that. That will definitely make an impact. Do you know if blockaded nations can still receive aid from the Alliance Bank? Like or hate Hereno, he has a pretty good practice of internalizing SocInt's war economy, so most of the exchange revolves around the bank, rather than buying foreign goods from the market.

Edited by Athanasios

The Republic

The Republic Map

Ah, I didn't realize that. That will definitely make an impact. Do you know if blockaded nations can still receive aid from the Alliance Bank? Like or hate Hereno, he has a pretty good practice of internalizing SocInt's war economy, so most of the exchange revolves around the bank, rather than buying foreign goods from the market.

They can't transfer from the bank. It's really annoying.

Empire of Spades

Rose

Guardian

Rose
Minister of War
"I'm your huckleberry"

They can't transfer from the bank. It's really annoying.

During a blockade? Well, those blockades will sure take their toll, then, unless SocInt did some serious pre-war preparations. Although it was kind of a surprise so I doubt they did. Hopefully for munitions/gasoline exporters TEst will need some resources.

The Republic

The Republic Map

During a blockade? Well, those blockades will sure take their toll, then, unless SocInt did some serious pre-war preparations. Although it was kind of a surprise so I doubt they did. Hopefully for munitions/gasoline exporters TEst will need some resources.

yea hopefully though if they really start making missiles and a bunch of them during the war they might be able to get the prices up a bit though I do hope it last some what long though those blockades will defiantly take there toll it just fills like a waste selling over 1k munitions for $600-$700 but that's just me

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Market Trends 11/9/14

Market Index: $10,401 (-$128) --- (-1.2%)

1) Aluminum: $1,657 (-$73) --- (-4.2%)

2) Uranium: $1,544 (+$84) --- (+5.8%)

3) Steel: $1,482 (+$25) --- (+1.7%)

4) Gasoline: $1,264 (-$26) --- (-2.0%)

5) Bauxite: $1,185 (-$91) --- (-7.1%)

6) Coal: $1,054 (-$118) --- (-10.1%)

7) Munitions: $586 (+$76) --- (+15.0%)

8) Iron: $501 (-$1) --- (-0.2%)

9) Oil: $491 (+$6) --- (+1.2%)

10) Lead: $435 (-$6) --- (-1.4%)

11) Food: $202 (-$4) --- (-1.9%)

Notes

• The market had a bad day, losing 1.2% of its value. 7 out of 11 resources lost value.
  • All resources stayed at their same positions today.
  • The War seems to be having a small effect on the market. Munitions prices jumped significantly, gaining 15% value.
  • Coal had the worst day, losing 10.1%.
  • Munitions had the best day, gaining 15%.
  • The market averaged out last week at $10,051. This took into account the average market value of 11.2.14-11.8.14.
  • I will from now on be adding a weekly average for the total market value every Sunday.
Edited by Athanasios

The Republic

The Republic Map

Don't forget about uranium. Looks like its getting increased demand as people buy power plants

Yep, it's value is almost up to its production cost.

The Republic

The Republic Map

I wonder when people will start doing the math with the uranium It has gotten better since pre war times when it was as low as $800 but its still just to cheap to make though I should fix it self in a months time if not sooner

Now my question is how much will the market jump once si is no longer blockaded

Market Trends 11/10/14

Market Index: $10,397 (-$4) --- (-0.0%)

1) Aluminum: $1,825 (+$168) --- (+10.1%)

2) Uranium: $1,515 (-$29) --- (-1.9%)

3) Steel: $1,451 (-$31) --- (-2.1%)

4) Gasoline: $1,362 (+$98) --- (+7.8%)

5) Bauxite: $1,193 (+$8) --- (+1.1%)

6) Coal: $894 (-$160) --- (-15.2%)

7) Munitions: $552 (-$34) --- (-5.8%)

8) Oil: $516 (+$25) --- (+5.1%)

9) Iron: $502 (+$1) --- (+0.2%)

10) Lead: $412 (-$23) --- (-5.3%)

11) Food: $175 (-$27) --- (-13.4%)

Notes

• The market had a decent day today, retaining almost all of its value. It only dropped by .0004%.
  • Oil passes iron for the #8 position.

The Republic

The Republic Map

Market Trends 11/11/14

Market Index: $10,230 (-$167) --- (-1.6%)

1) Aluminum: $1,674 (-$151) --- (-8.3%)

2) Uranium: $1,499 (-$16) --- (-1.1%)

3) Steel: $1,427 (-$24) --- (-1.7%)

4) Gasoline: $1,298 (-$64) --- (-4.7%)

5) Bauxite: $1,263 (+$70) --- (+5.9%)

6) Coal: $915 (+$21) --- (+2.3%)

7) Munitions: $547 (-$5) --- (-1.0%)

8) Oil: $521 (+$5) --- (+1.1%)

9) Iron: $519 (+$17) --- (+3.4%)

10) Lead: $417 (+$5) --- (+1.2%)

11) Food: $150 (-$25) --- (-14.3%)

Notes

• The market had a poor day yesterday, closing at a loss.
  • All resources retained their respective chart positions.

The Republic

The Republic Map