Market Trends

Quelye

Nations in Asia have to import coal in order to turn their iron into steel. That may have something to do with it.

That is sound logic.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Wouldn't that make it less expensive?  Because both Europe and North America have both ingredients for steel.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since not that much alliances are located in Asia,maybe that's steel is so costly now.

Steel lost some serious value in the past couple days though. I bought a bunch the other day for $1500 and I bought some today for a little over $1300, I think those are pretty low prices for steel. At its peak steel was significantly above $2000. I think believe steel is going to lose some serious value by the time of tomorrow's report. We'll have to wait and see. I really don't think it'll get much below $1300 anytime soon so I'd personally consider steel pretty cheap right now. But that's a pretty subjective assessment of mine.

Edited by Athanasios

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

Market Trends 11/1/14

Market Index: $9,939 (-$629)

1) Gasoline: $1,674 (-$102)

2) Aluminum: $1,521 (-$182)

3) Steel: $1,380 (-$278)

4) Uranium: $1,102 (+$71)

5) Bauxite: $882 (-$30)

6) Coal: $849 (-$106)

7) Munitions: $833 (-$21)

8) Lead: $605 (+$13)

9) Oil: $504 (+$59)

10) Iron: $411 (-$29)

11) Food: $178 (-$23)

Notes

• The overall market value fell nearly 6%, and dropped below $10,000 for the first time since before the war.
  • Bauxite passes coal for the #5 ranking.
  • As predicted, steel's value dropped significantly, losing nearly 17% of its value yesterday.
  • Winter is in full swing as of today. Though at the close of yesterday's market food had lost value, an increase by tomorrow's report should be expected.
  • Overall, market values continue to remain highly unstable, with large +/- increases for nearly every resource nearly every day. The war and its current deescalation are having a significant impact on the market.

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

The Republic

The Republic Map

Why should they.... ;) You sell off your military and get some of what you spent back.

I nevver had a shortage of either during the war. Alliance banks will have a load too or people like me may well pass it around for people to rebuild with.

Market Trends 11/2/14

Market Index: $10,161 (+$222)

1) Gasoline: $1,632 (-$42)

2) Steel: $1,632 (+$252)

3) Aluminum: $1,426 (-$95)

4) Uranium: $1,137 (+$36)

5) Coal: $932 (+$83)

6) Munitions: $901 (+$68)

7) Bauxite: $884 (+$2)

8) Oil: $566 (+$62)

9) Lead: $454 (-$151)

10) Iron: $427 (+$16)

11) Food: $170 (-$8)

Notes

• The market had a good day overall, recovering 2% of its value.
  • Steel overtakes aluminum, and is now tied with gasoline for the #1 position.
  • Coal takes the #5 position from bauxite.
  • Munitions jump up to #6.
  • Bauxite falls two spots to #7.
  • Oil takes the #8 position from lead.
  • With the War of Debatable Aggression officially being called to peace, munitions and gasoline prices are likely to continue to stay relatively low in comparison to their values last week. Steel and aluminum are likely to increase value as nations switch back to commerce, rebuilding, and reconstruction from the war.

The Republic

The Republic Map

I don't mind munitions going down as long as lead goes farther down

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

But I have so many munitions!

Another war will break out soon enough!

The Republic

The Republic Map

But I have so many munitions!

you think you got munitions im producing 200 munitions a day so im taking a big hit very day but oh well

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Market Trends 11/3/14

Market Index: $9,517 (-$644) --- (-6.3%)

1) Gasoline: $1,453 (-$179) --- (-10.9%)

2) Aluminum: $1,410 (-$16) --- (-1.1%)

3) Steel: $1,398 (-$234) --- (-14.3%)

4) Uranium: $1,174 (+$37) --- (+3.3%)

5) Coal: $926 (-$6) --- (-0.6%)

6) Bauxite: $919 (+$35) --- (+4%)

7) Munitions: $671 (-$230) --- (-25.5%)

8) Lead: $503 (+$49) --- (+10.8%)

9) Oil: $497 (-$69) --- (-12.2%)

10) Iron: $400 (-$27) --- (-6.3%)

11) Food: $166 (-$4) --- (-2.4%)

Notes

• The market had a bad day, losing 6.3% of its total worth. All 4 manufactured resources lost value, with 3 of the 4 taking significant hits. 4 out of the 7 raw resources dropped as well.
  • Munitions took the biggest hit of the day, equating a 25.5% loss. Supply for munitions is high right now and demand is low.
  • Lead took the biggest rise of the day, a 10.8% gain.
  • Aluminum passes steel for the #2 position.
  • Bauxite passes munitions for the #6 position.
  • Lead passes oil for the #8 position.
  • As White Peace has been declared in The War of Debatable Aggression, prices are likely to continue to fall. 
Edited by Athanasios

The Republic

The Republic Map

The price of munitions is becoming dangerously close to the price of lead.  Oh, dear.

aUel2fG.png

Do you guys like the percentages? Do you want to see them in future reports?

The Republic

The Republic Map

The price of munitions is becoming dangerously close to the price of lead.  Oh, dear.

No kidding. Time for another war? lol.

The Republic

The Republic Map

The percentages are good.  And yes, time for another war.  While I'm still on beige, obviously.

• Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

Since one lead produces three munitions, I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Since one lead produces three munitions, I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.

That's valid.  But it still cuts into the margins of munitions producers.  And while I do not do that myself, I know someone heavily invested in it.

aUel2fG.png